VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 14.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 15.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 29 37.2%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 9 11.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
What if I told you before the election that…

Trump would lose the popular vote...again...by 6 million votes, as opposed to only 3 million last time.
Biden would flip 5 states.
Biden would receive 17 million more popular votes than Trump did in 2016.
Democrats would now have won the popular vote seven of the last eight presidential elections.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
PF5
The answer is the majority of the country decided that they did not want four more years of Trump. Republicans gained in all other elections. But obviously many Republicans didn’t want four more years of Trump.
It’s not complicated.
Dude, it's not like that...he got 11 million more votes than he did last time, most of any candidate in history except for Biden...It's just that Biden was such a great candidate that he got the most votes in the history of US Presidential elections. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
What if I told you before the election that…

Trump would lose the popular vote...again...by 6 million votes, as opposed to only 3 million last time.
Biden would flip 5 states.
Biden would receive 17 million more popular votes than Trump did in 2016.
Democrats would now have won the popular vote seven of the last eight presidential elections.
What if I told you Trump would get 3 million more votes than Obama did in his historic election and still lose by millions of votes?
What if I told you Trump would win in Ohio and Florida and still lose?
These games can play both ways....point being...it was historic, and interesting, and who knows what it was...but we have to move on.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Turns out a pandemic killing 265,000 people that affects each and every persons daily life will drive up voter turnout.

That makes sense to me.
That's the biggest lie we were told about this campaign. Somehow you think Biden would have done something different when there is every indication he was late to the game at every turn and had no new thoughts or ideas. If he did, why didn't he tell us all summer long.

Every idea Biden gave Trump was already doing!

Not only that the mandates for safety are up to state administrations, not the federal government.

Total BS that somehow things would have been different.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
What if I told you Trump would get 3 million more votes than Obama did in his historic election and still lose by millions of votes?
These games can play both ways....point being...it was historic, and interesting, and who knows what it was...but we have to move on.
None of that changes analyzing the votes and voting trends. That's a science and it won't move on. It will be analyzed.

Oct 30, 2007
This is not a 1st amendment issue as these are government displays. If someone wants a statue of a racist on their personal property, go for it. The government is supposed to be for the people, not the will of the majority in instances of race.

Looking at the demographics of the country, this will change. Hopefully, the new majority will have far more humanity than the current one.
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt1_2_7_1_1/
As an outgrowth of the government subsidy cases, such as Rust v. Sullivan, the Court has established the government speech doctrine that recognizes that a government entity is entitled to say what it wishes and to select the views that it wants to express.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/law-day/law-day-2019/planning-guide/
Under Supreme Court First Amendment precedent, government speech is a relatively simple doctrine. In short, government can say whatever it wants.

It's my understanding that the SCOTUS has essentially extended the freedom of speech to the government through the Government Speech Doctrine. We can discuss the morality of having Confederate monuments on public land, but the question of their legality seems to be settled law.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Frankly, you are not treating me as I want to be treated at all, including this post. I like honestly. I like people that try to read and understand. I like genuine disagreement and genuine efforts.
Again, we were talking about racist statues. It is all written there for everyone to see. I know you knew that because of your whining about "being called a racist" which didn't happen.
Vandalism, other statues, wanton destruction are all things that I specifically said I was not talking about and yet you RESPONDED to my posts about "racist confederate statues" MULTIPLE times. Now, you are making a BS claim that "we were talking about different things." No, we were not. You WANTED to expand it to other stuff but I stayed purposefully on point and made it clear.

What I agree with is you are an unhealthy person to talk to. You claim to be the nice guy then you pull passive-aggressive nonsense like this.

I don't want or need any "challenges" from you. Challenge yourself to read back through this discussion and then be a man and fess up to the obvious discussion we were having about confederate statues. And, if you honestly did not know, then you should apologize for wasting a lot of my time by not reading the posts when you replied to them with very specific points that I was talking about from the start and made that fact as clear as could possibly be.

And, no, if you continue to treat people as you have just treated me, I suggest you don't go out and do that in person. It is not pleasant to be on the other side of the manipulation. Which is why I said this is our last discussion.
Dude, you pulled a Mutombo on my attempted olive branch. I was not trying to manipulate you. I don't have that kind of power..

We are all under stress with Covid and I'm not great at understanding sometimes, that is why I changed my tone...I've told you in the past I have ADD, I'm serious, I do. I was indeed talking about something far more broad than JUST select racist confederate statues put up by Jim Crowe supporters. That is why I kept trying to get your opinion on the broader spectrum like Jefferson and Washington. Sorry for the misunderstanding and wasting your time. I sincerely changed my tone once I understood we were talking about different things. Cable pointed this out regarding how we are both right...I agree with him.

Have a good day...thanks for what you do. I hope your patients aren't as frustrating to you today as I was in this argument.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/amdt1_2_7_1_1/
As an outgrowth of the government subsidy cases, such as Rust v. Sullivan, the Court has established the government speech doctrine that recognizes that a government entity is entitled to say what it wishes and to select the views that it wants to express.

https://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/law-day/law-day-2019/planning-guide/
Under Supreme Court First Amendment precedent, government speech is a relatively simple doctrine. In short, government can say whatever it wants.

It's my understanding that the SCOTUS has essentially extended the freedom of speech to the government through the Government Speech Doctrine. We can discuss the morality of having Confederate monuments on public land, but the question of their legality seems to be settled law.
I'm not saying it is illegal. It is simply government speech, not a 1st amendment issue. That is exactly what I am saying, it is a government morality or equal protection issue, not a 1st amendment issue, IMHO.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
mine was in reply/mock to another persons post...you probably missed this as you were fighting your own battle all day...so it was a joke...catch up...
but since you want to play too...
if your are happy with trump getting more votes in a loss than Obama in a win, so be it...that's like comparing football pt. totals of two different games...our team scored more pts when we lost the Super Bowl than your team did when you won the Super Bowl five years ago...lol
Obama won by 9.5 million votes and 5 million votes, and trump has never gotten more votes...lol

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Is Biden's Press Secretary a communist?

Jen Psaki,who was named to serve as President-elect Biden's White House press secretery, is shown wearing a Russian hat bearing the communist hammer-and-sickle logo. And John Kerry, world policy expert, seems pretty proud of it.

1606784398297.png

Sep 22, 2011
Frankly, you are not treating me as I want to be treated at all, including this post. I like honestly. I like people that try to read and understand. I like genuine disagreement and genuine efforts.
Again, we were talking about racist statues. It is all written there for everyone to see. I know you knew that because of your whining about "being called a racist" which didn't happen.
Vandalism, other statues, wanton destruction are all things that I specifically said I was not talking about and yet you RESPONDED to my posts about "racist confederate statues" MULTIPLE times. Now, you are making a BS claim that "we were talking about different things." No, we were not. You WANTED to expand it to other stuff but I stayed purposefully on point and made it clear.

What I agree with is you are an unhealthy person to talk to. You claim to be the nice guy then you pull passive-aggressive nonsense like this.

I don't want or need any "challenges" from you. Challenge yourself to read back through this discussion and then be a man and fess up to the obvious discussion we were having about confederate statues. And, if you honestly did not know, then you should apologize for wasting a lot of my time by not reading the posts when you replied to them with very specific points that I was talking about from the start and made that fact as clear as could possibly be.

And, no, if you continue to treat people as you have just treated me, I suggest you don't go out and do that in person. It is not pleasant to be on the other side of the manipulation. Which is why I said this is our last discussion.
Can we draw a line at mobs tearing down statues and vandalizing property, public or private? If people dont like a statue, get the proper authority to take it down through official channels. Im not going to defend any statue from people taking it down, I am sure there are many people who feel hurt by any number of statues or monuments, but i will always be against mobs destroying property.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
So I noticed that CNN had a huge breaking story this week about china and covid, blaming them for mishandling it.

Remember back in spring when Trump blamed china? It was vilified, criticized, called xenophobic. You see the goal of the media at that time was to blame Trump so naturally they were against any story that might put blame somewhere else.

Now that Biden has won, the goal is to push the blame anywhere else BUT the white house. Took them less than a month to make the change in direction. Goebbels would be proud.

I thought they would stop reporting as much on the virus, but I forgot that liberals don't like letting a crisis go to waste. So of course they will continue to report on covid so people will be afraid enough to let the government pass some sweeping legislation giving the federal government more power. But you will see continuing efforts by the media to place blame for the virus on external factors.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Welp...there it is. I KNEW it was just a matter of time. Rudy G and Trump going to go after Republicans and start blaming them for Cheating to get Biden elected.

Trump and his thugs will turn on ANYONE to support ANY crazy position they decide to take up

https://twitter.com/Newsweek/status/1333791572555558916

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So I noticed that CNN had a huge breaking story this week about china and covid, blaming them for mishandling it.

Remember back in spring when Trump blamed china? It was vilified, criticized, called xenophobic. You see the goal of the media at that time was to blame Trump so naturally they were against any story that might put blame somewhere else.

Now that Biden has won, the goal is to push the blame anywhere else BUT the white house. Took them less than a month to make the change in direction. Goebbels would be proud.

I thought they would stop reporting as much on the virus, but I forgot that liberals don't like letting a crisis go to waste. So of course they will continue to report on covid so people will be afraid enough to let the government pass some sweeping legislation giving the federal government more power. But you will see continuing efforts by the media to place blame for the virus on external factors.
https://twitter.com/business/status/1333792993904533504

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
1606837475325.png

Want to make a liberals blood boil? Show them this picture and tell them it's VP Pence and White House Pres Secretary Kayleigh McEnany. They would SCREAM Impeachment! Criminals!

My guess, she's too stupid to know what she has on her head.

Status
Not open for further replies.