VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
You can deny history all you want. 4 years ago there was a peaceful transition of power. Today we have someone who wants to overthrow our democracy.

Answer me this. Why do you want a dictatorship?
You just elected a man that is closer to a dictator than Trump. Dictator don't remove regulations, they add to them and that's exactly what Biden has promised to do. Why did you vote for a wanna be dictator?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
@Cimarron why are you ok with Trump pissing on the constitution?

For the 46th time this has been a fair transition of power. For the first time there has been an illegitimate challenge.

So why are you ok with a coup? Would you be willing for government officials to arrest Biden on bandanna republic charges? Hell would you be cool with authorities arresting someone like me because I'm a dissident?
The coup was attempted with a fake dossier paid for by the very political party that was also spying on Trump. Why are you ok with that? Would you like Trump better if he did what Obama did and spied on the Biden campaign?

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

For the 46th time this has been a fair transition of power. For the first time there has been an illegitimate challenge.

So why are you ok with a coup? Would you be willing for government officials to arrest Biden on bandanna republic charges? Hell would you be cool with authorities arresting someone like me because I'm a dissident?
I've pointed out that isn't true. You should probably study some American history.

Authoritarianism describes Biden more than it does Trump. Trump was deregulating, returning power back to the states, and was pulling back on international conflicts.

Under Biden we will see more authoritarianism by way of more regulations, more centralized power in Washington and more international conflicts.

authoritarianism: the enforcement or advocacy of strict obedience to authority at the expense of personal freedom.

Plus in 1860 a Republican was elected President of the United States. So upset with the election results Democrats a year later seceded from the Union to from the Confederate States.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

Let's talk about authorities who arrest someone.

Look no further than California were a paddle boarder was arrested while on the water by himself but the Governor and his crony buddies broke the law and had a party where no one was wearing a mask and they walf free. That's what you voted for, not me.

A coup? It was the Obama administration that spied on political opponents, tagged the IRS to go after conservative groups, that put an elected President under an investigation based on bogus claims by his political opponents. That's what a coup looks like.

Illegitimate by definition is not authorized by law. Please show me the law where a candidate is not authorized to challenge the results. By the way again, that's what a coup looks like when you deny someone their constitutional rights as you're demanding here.

You claim if I recall that Trump is a dictator and you also made the remark that we will see more progressive politics.

Progressive politics call for more regulation, not less. It's progressive politics that wants to stack the supreme court. It's progressive politics that wants to raise your taxes. It's progressive politics that wants to tell you what you can and can not eat or drink. It's progressive politics that are wanting to defund the police.

Those are not the policies of Trump who was deregulating, returning more power to the states, pulling back on international military conflicts.

So, why do you call Trump a dictator when it is you that is supporting an authoritarian government?

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
He's not president elect.... There is no sharing or transition until after the electoral college votes.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
You might want to talk to the Republican senators this weekend that said he was.
At this point their need To be access for the safety of America.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
He's not president elect.... There is no sharing or transition until after the electoral college votes.

You might want to talk to the Republican senators this weekend that said he was.
At this point their need To be access for the safety of America.
He is not president-elect. There is no such office as president-elect. He will not be certified as a winner until after December 14th. At that point in time if he is indeed certified the winner transition of power begins. If you are discussing Langford and the others, they are simply wanting to make sure that the Intel briefs that started when Biden was elected as the Democrat representative in the general election at the conventions, Will continue. But that in no way entitles him to all the extra stuff that he is wanting including funding, and personnel from the federal government.

snuffy

Calf fries are the original sack lunch.
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
He is not president-elect. There is no such office as president-elect. He will not be certified as a winner until after December 14th. At that point in time if he is indeed certified the winner transition of power begins. If you are discussing Langford and the others, they are simply wanting to make sure that the Intel briefs that started when Biden was elected as the Democrat representative in the general election at the conventions, Will continue. But that in no way entitles him to all the extra stuff that he is wanting including funding, and personnel from the federal government.

So the Presidential transition act , that was mention in the 9/11 report and posters on here are arguing that did not happen in 2016, does not matter? Even though people on both sides of the aisle say it should be happening. Delay at this point is hurting America, not only because of Covid but on a National Security level.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
The coup was attempted with a fake dossier paid for by the very political party that was also spying on Trump. Why are you ok with that? Would you like Trump better if he did what Obama did and spied on the Biden campaign?
You realize Trump did that. Mueller stopped short for the sake of the union.

Currently Trump is really trying to steal the election. Again, why are you ok with this? You have someone who illegally tried to influence the last election and is now trying to undermine the will of the people.

Trump may very well go to prison. I don't want that. We don't jail defeated politicians here no matter what. Also the optics are terrible when when country needs to heal from his divisive politics.

That being said, why do you want America to turn into a dictatorship? You seem to be fine with him overturning the results of a normal and fair election. Would you stand by and cheer if he sent people to the concentration camps? How far are you willing to take this?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
You realize Trump did that. Mueller stopped short for the sake of the union.

Currently Trump is really trying to steal the election. Again, why are you ok with this? You have someone who illegally tried to influence the last election and is now trying to undermine the will of the people.

Trump may very well go to prison. I don't want that. We don't jail defeated politicians here no matter what. Also the optics are terrible when when country needs to heal from his divisive politics.

That being said, why do you want America to turn into a dictatorship? You seem to be fine with him overturning the results of a normal and fair election. Would you stand by and cheer if he sent people to the concentration camps? How far are you willing to take this?
If it's a fair election then it should stand up to legal scrutiny. He's well within his rights to challenge.
You have to be trolling. Are you are so brainwashed.
Half the stuff you spout sounds so implausible. You think that conservatives are brainwashed but apparently we're brainwashed to not be brainwashed. When you've got the Hollywood elite, the news media, sports figures, and Democrat politicians, all telling y'all what to say what to think. It might just be you who is brainwashed.