VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Yeah, it is dumb and ridiculous. I wasn't meaning to defend them really. They are a bunch of people running around like a mob. Sending mixed messages with no real purpose. I just don't see parallels to Nazis.

Even in the 1920's the Nazis had a leader. They had organized votes on leadership, organized speeches, formed a political party, had rules for membership, etc.

All I see for Antifa and BLM are some social media mobs and protests. Maybe more comparable to Civil Rights protests/riots after MLK was shot. A bunch of people loosely tied to anything acting in a mob mentality. Their main message being. "We are angry".
Fair enough, and I didn't really see you as defending them, it's all good.

And you're right on their organization. They are far looser. But they are just waiting for a spark to coalesce. I try to not think about it, but the next Lenin/Hitler/Napoleon in this country has probably already been born. When the conditions get set just right they seem to pop out of nowhere.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Any nonprofit, including church’s, could get them. When I did the paperwork It had to be used on pay and you had to have the same number of employees as when you started. I know place that put everyone on 65% pay and only made them work half day. There was a lot of flexibility because it happened fast but it was clear that it had to be for salary.
I don't think that's right, not all of them were eligible. There were some qualifiers.

I think the only non-profits that were eligible were 501(c)(3)

Religious, Educational, Charitable, Scientific, Literary, Testing for Public Safety, to Foster National or International Amateur Sports Competition, or Prevention of Cruelty to Children or Animals Organizations

The IRS lists multiple types of non-profits from 501(c)(1)...to... 501(c)(29)

https://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=content.view&cpid=1559

Last edited:

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Question for the Biden supporters.

If it is discovered there is large voter fraud that turns the election to Trump are you willing to concede and behave as you think Trump supporters should if Biden wins. (unlike most liberals have been the last four years)

If voter fraud is shown are you supportive of putting those people in jail, including Biden and anyone on his team if they are shown to have been involved or had knowledge of it?

This is only if, not saying that will happen but if it does. Similar to the question Democrats like to ask Republicans before an election.

Oct 29, 2016
US
https://twitter.com/justin_hart/status/1329886440449138689?s=20
Why do people keep aquiring information from uncredited sources? Once again I'll explain why believing everything you see/hear leaves a mind corrupted.

When people look at something for the first time, they don't have a proper reference for what is normal, and their intuition leads them astray. We have many people looking at elections closely for the first time this year, many poll watchers who don't know what they're looking at, as opposed to poll workers, who have been trained and often have experience.

And then you get fake "authorities" producing youtube videos manufacturing outrage by showing you something they claim is not normal when they don't really know themselves, and don't care.

I think what might help is if local TV stations or newspapers did reports on what exactly happened to the local ballots: how were they stored, transported, processed, and what are the paper trails protecting the counts. If everyone thought about how their own vote was secured, that might help ground people.

A huge part of populism and/or conspiracy theories involves fake claims about things that happen far away that you can't check (and that often contradict everyday experience you actually have); it makes everyone feel terrible and insecure.

In every venue, there are poll workers from both parties. In every state, there are hundreds and thousands of them. If the was a conspiracy to steal the vote, surely there would be some poll workers testifying in court by now. But instead, we have the Trump campaign begging for witnesses. This suggests there aren't any, and that suggests there wasn't anything shady to witness..

I think also you can lose perspective by looking at these media numbers. The race is not decided by the media, it's decided by the number of electors that come from the states, which is based on the final numbers that are certified by the states. Those numbers are subject to bipartisan examination, audits, and recounts and are the actual results.

The numbers that guy listed are from hour-by-hour (and sometimes minute-by-minute) updates of data that is desperately being acquired as quickly as possible. The numbers do not represent the FINAL OUTCOME. Due to the various different ways counties report data this is a partly manual process, and mistakes are made, then later corrected.

But the final result comes from pieces of paper that can be verified and recounted.

Ultimately, the problem here is a lack of information about where the numbers a coming from, and what factors into them. How often do counties issue a correction? What actually happened at the various points on this graph? The people collecting this data have the capability to explain this issue (and quite possibly already have). While it may not seem important, things like this become the foundation of long-lasting conspiracy theories, and really needs to be addressed to prevent it from creating harm in the future.

No fraud. Come on, people.

Oct 29, 2016
US

If it is discovered there is large voter fraud that turns the election to Trump are you willing to concede and behave as you think Trump supporters should if Biden wins. (unlike most liberals have been the last four years)

If voter fraud is shown are you supportive of putting those people in jail, including Biden and anyone on his team if they are shown to have been involved or had knowledge of it?

This is only if, not saying that will happen but if it does. Similar to the question Democrats like to ask Republicans before an election.
Read what I just posted

Rixaroo

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
OKC
www.weekendwatchguide.com

Your life would be so much better if you stopped believing this voter fraud narrative Trump has pushed for four years. It just ain’t there. He created a commission to look into the 2016 election and it was disbanded. They found nothing of substance. Same thing four years later. Let it go. Turn off OAN, Newsmax, or whatever and move on.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

If Trump ordered the election to be invalid and directed the military to arrest Biden, would you still support him?

Because that is more likely to happen than the scenario you are proposing.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN

Also, your question was answered 4 year ago. The electoral numbers were similar but the vote counts were much closer, and Hillary conceded as soon as it was apparent she lost. Her supporters (or moreso people who didn't like Trump) did the whole "not my president " thing, but no one questioned the integrity of the process.

In fact, for the last 46 times we've done this no one has questioned the integrity of the process. Even in 2000 when it wasn't apparent for weeks, no one was saying there was widespread fraud. This is new. This is Trump-he is a spoiled child who doesn't understand that he can't sue or cheat his way out of this. It's sad that people cannot accept that he is a historically bad and failed leader, and just move on.

Pathetic

Jun 20, 2012
Churches have employees.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
And they also have tithing drives...in $100,000 cpu labs knowing exactly what they pay those employees. Pyramid scheme isn’t quite enough when they already receive public tax breaks and subsidies. This is how 72 million people vote for a Dictator.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
If Trump ordered the election to be invalid and directed the military to arrest Biden, would you still support him?

Because that is more likely to happen than the scenario you are proposing.
No. But I find it interesting you won’t answer in kind. Tells us all something about you. It’s a hypothetical and it shouldn’t matter who the question is about if you stand with the constitution and the law.