VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I agree. Lockdowns, Fear and Anarchy have all happened under the Trump admin. If you do not like how things are going now. Then VOTE to change them!
In other words you want us to vote for the party who props protestors/rioters/statue topplers/vandals and city burners up and supported that? AND when they are arrested they bail them out to go do more of the same. That's not voting for freedom when you conceded to lawlessness you invite more of the same every time it's politically expedient. DESPITE Trump this is the EASIEST vote of my entire lifetime....sans Reagan vs Mondale.

Biden's just a placeholder for the Democrats...

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If you have to be confronted with "facts" to know selling weapons to North Korea is bad you don't belong as the POTUS.
He thinks out loud...are you really not aware of that fact? He's not selling weapons to North Korea... Btw, it's better than the guy who is having trouble (Bless his heart) thinking at all.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
In other words you want us to vote for the party who props protestors/rioters/statue topplers/vandals and city burners up and supported that? AND when they are arrested they bail them out to go do more of the same. That's not voting for freedom when you conceded to lawlessness you invite more of the same everytime it's politically expedient.
If you are voting for a party, then you are doing it wrong. I will be voting for many different candidates across parties. Party Line voting is about the dumbest idea on the planet

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
If you are voting for a party, then you are doing it wrong. I will be voting for many different candidates across parties. Party Line voting is about the dumbest idea on the planet
Voting for a platform is what I do...the platform I vote for happens to be the one that is the closest to my views. You be you...I'll vote for policy and platform EVERY time. I'll vote for life over death...for freedom over fear...for policy over politics...for peace over war...for lower taxes over high taxes...for state and local over federal. It's an easy choice for me.

Sep 22, 2011
How crazy will it be if the National polls are correct and trump still wins. 54/46 split on the national vote but trump still wins electorally, imagine the unrest if that happens.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
How crazy will it be if the National polls are correct and trump still wins. 54/46 split on the national vote but trump still wins electorally, imagine the unrest if that happens.
That...wouldn't be good. That might be a worst case scenario. The last time that many people felt like their vote wouldn't effect anything they tried to leave the country en mass.

It would also mark 7 out of the last 8 elections that the Dems had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college. Damn near 40 years with the R's only win being in 2004.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That...wouldn't be good. That might be a worst case scenario. The last time that many people felt like their vote wouldn't effect anything they tried to leave the country en mass.

It would also mark 7 out of the last 8 elections that the Dems had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college. Damn near 40 years with the R's only win being in 2004.
If they actually did leave the country in-mass...are you saying that wouldn't be good? :rolleyes:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
You might one to re-research your statement.
Ok,

Popular Vote winners:

1988: Bush (R)
1992: Clinton (D)
1996: Clinton (D)
2000: Gore (D)
2004: Bush (R)
2008: Obama (D)
2012: Obama (D)
2016: Clinton (D)
2020: Biden (D) - Per scenario in post

I think that's 7 out of 8 from 1992 through 2020, so we're good there.
And the near 40 years would be from 1988 - 2024 (36 years) with the only win in that timeframe being Bush 2004. Unless you want to start counting from 1992, (32 years).

Did I miss something? (to be clear, this is a sincere post, not sarcasm)

EDIT: I think I see the problem. I wasn't clear in my original statement, it should have just ended with "The D's won the popular vote", not and "lost the electoral college". If that were the case it would just be R's all the way through. My intent was to show that the R's have only won a single popular vote over a long period of time - which is pretty crazy to me. I hadn't realized it had swung like this for so long.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2006
Ok,

Popular Vote winners:

1988: Bush (R)
1992: Clinton (D)
1996: Clinton (D)
2000: Gore (D)
2004: Bush (R)
2008: Obama (D)
2012: Obama (D)
2016: Clinton (D)
2020: Biden (D) - Per scenario in post

I think that's 7 out of 8 from 1992 through 2020, so we're good there.
And the near 40 years would be from 1988 - 2024 (36 years) with the only win in that timeframe being Bush 2004. Unless you want to start counting from 1992, (32 years).

Did I miss something? (to be clear, this is a sincere post, not sarcasm)

EDIT: I think I see the problem. I wasn't clear in my original statement, it should have just ended with "The D's won the popular vote", not and "lost the electoral college". If that were the case it would just be R's all the way through. My intent was to show that the R's have only won a single popular vote over a long period of time - which is pretty crazy to me. I hadn't realized it had swung like this for so long.
I was responding to first sentence “It would mark 7 of last 8 elections that Dems had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college”.
I thought you were stating of the last 8 times the Dems won the popular vote they lost the electoral college all but once. I read that too literal.
You were saying of 2 of the last three times a R won the Presidency, they lost the popular vote.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I was responding to first sentence “It would mark 7 of last 8 elections that Dems had won the popular vote but lost the electoral college”.
I thought you were stating of the last 8 times the Dems won the popular vote they lost the electoral college all but once. I read that too literal.
You were saying of 2 of the last three times a R won the Presidency, they lost the popular vote.
"Let's eat kids!"

"Let's eat, kids!"

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Better question, what happens to professional pollsters if Trump wins the popular vote...

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
If this happens man the s*it is going to hit the media fan...you think they would actually learn they don’t know what they are doing or their polls or admit they are a massive disinformation campaign IF that happens?
The push for national popular vote will not die, book it.

If I hear another co-worker spout off on this & oddly enough, daylight savings time, again this week I may just use some PTO.
Hey now. I think dst should be gone..... But I think the electoral college works just fine.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
In line to early vote in Stillwater. Been about just over an hour. Inside, but looks like it might still be another half hour. Grouping us by 14.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited: