VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters
Mar 11, 2006
It's easy to point out or see the bad in anything, but doesn't make the whole movement bad.

93% of Black Lives Matter Protests Have Been Peaceful, New Report Finds
Are you justifying BLM by saying ”only” 7% of protests are violent? That sounds like a HUGE massive percentage to me. And unfortunately incredibly sad for the thousands of business owners that have seen all or parts of their businesses destroyed, their livelihoods lost, and their lives thrown in tremendous turmoil because a movement allowed and even justified destruction of property.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I honestly gotta say that it's pretty amazing that Trump can do all these rallys all over the county every single day 2x a day. In Arizona today...huge numbers in Bullhead City Arizona
1603934418212.png

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Are you justifying BLM by saying ”only” 7% of protests are violent? That sounds like a HUGE massive percentage to me. And unfortunately incredibly sad for the thousands of business owners that have seen all or parts of their businesses destroyed, their livelihoods lost, and their lives thrown in tremendous turmoil because a movement allowed and even justified destruction of property.
the movement did not allow and justify...in my opinion, there were protesters (most of them), and rioters/looters (small #)...I support BLM protests, but do not condone the rioting/looting.

Mar 11, 2006
the movement did not allow and justify...in my opinion, there were protesters (most of them), and rioters/looters (small #)...I support BLM protests, but do not condone the rioting/looting.
There are several. Check that more than several quotes from BLM supporters justifying destruction of businesses, supporting looting, and destroying property.

https://nypost.com/2020/08/13/blm-organizer-who-called-looting-reparations-doubles-down/

https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/blm-organizer-loot/

https://www.newsweek.com/blm-leader-well-burn-system-down-if-us-wont-give-us-what-we-want-1513422

i also support the right to protest. But an incredible 7% of their protests turn violent because some supporters feel rioting is a justified response. .

Last edited:

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
There are several. Check that more than several quotes from BLM supporters justifying destruction of businesses, supporting looting, and destroying property.

i also support the right to protest. But an incredible 7% of their protests turn violent because some supporters feel rioting is a justified response. .
OK, I'm done with this one...
tenor.gif

Oct 30, 2007
I’m probably more tolerant than I should be at times because hate speech is generally protected under the first amendment. I don’t like it, but I’ll tolerate it for the sake of freedom. I certainly don’t want someone picking and choosing what constitutes hate.

What really bothers me is criminal behavior. No one has the right to break the law, regardless of who they are or why they’re doing it.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
No, I don’t ignore them. Anyone chanting racist comments or comments aligning with Nazis is horrible.
As I said, there are bad groups on both sides. But to pretend that Nazi aligning groups are remotely in size to BLM is purposely wearing blinders to justify your bias. I
I will not defend, support, or agree with groups destroying property, causing violence, and advocating racial division. If that to you is one-sided, then so be it,. I guess you are right, I don’t support the side of hate and am willing to call it out wherever it grows.
I keep waiting for your posts calling out hate on the right but they never come. Yet, your complaints about the left flow like a river and make it sound like all of them are the same.

Calling all people that are in BLM the people that destroy property etc is the same as saying that everyone in a MAGA hat are racists and nazis. Of course, BLM is nowhere near the size of MAGA.

Mar 11, 2006
I keep waiting for your posts calling out hate on the right but they never come. Yet, your complaints about the left flow like a river and make it sound like all of them are the same.

Calling all people that are in BLM the people that destroy property etc is the same as saying that everyone in a MAGA hat are racists and nazis. Of course, BLM is nowhere near the size of MAGA.
Comprehension deficit?

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I’m probably more tolerant than I should be at times because hate speech is generally protected under the first amendment. I don’t like it, but I’ll tolerate it for the sake of freedom. I certainly don’t want someone picking and choosing what constitutes hate.

What really bothers me is criminal behavior. No one has the right to break the law, regardless of who they are or why they’re doing it.
Yes, we have a mask ordinance and all day long I have to see people walking around without one despite the fact that I am getting pounded at work dealing with COVID. Jail their law-breaking asses. The stupid fine isn't working.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Comprehension deficit?
Maybe you can point me to a post of yours that called out the hate on the right.

Note: not a "well, yea, hate on the right is bad TOO post." No, I am talking about you posting something not in response to yet another complaint about the left but your words actually calling out the problems of the hate on the right all on its own.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yes, we have a mask ordinance and all day long I have to see people walking around without one despite the fact that I am getting pounded at work dealing with COVID. Jail their law-breaking asses. The stupid fine isn't working.
Oh, sorry @cableok, I thought that was an area of agreement. You must have agreed about the immigrant and BLM lawbreakers only.

I guess the "ma rights" mask avoiders aren't the lawbreakers you are concerned about. It is those Honduran rape victims that risk their lives on a 1000 mile trek. They are the lawbreakers we need to jail.

Jun 20, 2012

So be sure not to vote for the guy that breaks our laws almost everyday. Certainly his oath.

Nov 18, 2011
8 months ago: 15 cases soon it'll be zero. It'll miraculously go away.

Today: 220,000 deaths it could have been 2 million. We're rounding the curve.

There's a reason people call this a cult.
How dare there be optimism that we are seeing success in therapeutics and nearing potential vaccines. Fear and doom and gloom are the only answer! Carry on into the “Dark Winter”! :runaway:

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Freedom vs Fear
Hope vs Hype
Happiness vs Homebound

Your choice is clear...Fight the fear, it's crippling.

Whatever happened to "Give me Liberty or give me Death"
Have we forever changed it to "Give me safety or I might die"

Last edited:

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
"You must never confuse faith that you will prevail in the end — which you can never afford to lose — with the discipline to confront the most brutal facts of your current reality, whatever they might be."