VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Please explain "fishy election year pandemic"
China in trade war..."accidentally" releases covid from Wuhan lab...no virus in capital, do they have a vaccine in Beijing.. cancels intra country travel and locks down Wuhan...BUT doesn't cancel worldwide travel from Wuhan Province. Liberal "World" leaders don't like Trump for making allies pay fair share...china most certainly doesn't like Trump for threating their stranglehold on American product production and trade...and calling them out on their monetary "policy," south china sea islands and other issues. Fishy timing is fishy. That's easy to explain, Trump was a "shoe in" prior to virus. Don't know if factual, but certainly fishy timing.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
China in trade war..."accidentally" releases covid from Wuhan lab...no virus in capital, do they have a vaccine in Beijing.. cancels intra country travel and locks down Wuhan...BUT doesn't cancel worldwide travel from Wuhan Province. Liberal "World" leaders don't like Trump for making allies pay fair share...china most certainly doesn't like Trump for threating their stranglehold on American product production and trade...and calling them out on their monetary "policy," south china sea islands and other issues. Fishy timing is fishy. That's easy to explain, Trump was a "shoe in" prior to virus. Don't know if factual, but certainly fishy timing.
1. I think you need to re-read that because it's a little out there. If China had a vaccine that worked it would be way too valuable for them to hide. That's an amazing amount of leverage for them to have. Also, world leaders aren't going to sacrifice their people just to get Trump.

2. I don't know that he was guaranteed a 2nd term without COVID. You gotta remember, there are roughly as many people who hate him the way the Republican base hated Hillary. I would say he is far more likely to be re-elected without the pandemic, but losing the popular vote and doing nothing to expand his base while in office didn't help either.

3. I question if China really has a problem with him to begin with. Right now, the nation is driving up commodity prices. Basically when Trump said his trade deal would be a boon to the midwest, it is becoming one right before the election. There is no reason for China to wait until December to start buying if they really wanted him out.

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
https://twitter.com/ModDarvasBox/status/1320469252105797633?s=20
Tweeting this crap and posting it here is hilarious; I guess we're not much better than twitter now. Three seconds of searching shows Biden is going to Georgia on Tuesday.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news...stops/85-b3d99f1d-0be7-4b54-8308-e13f3f44fc18

And no one will remember how wrong this tweet was, they'll just keep reposting new garbage - both the left and the right. The more outrageous the lie, the more the masses will eat it up.

Ya'll have lost your damned minds. Everyone bemoans the fact that we're running turd sandwich against giant douche... but the American people are getting exactly what we deserve in the quality of our candidates.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Tweeting this crap and posting it here is hilarious; I guess we're not much better than twitter now. Three seconds of searching shows Biden is going to Georgia on Tuesday.

https://www.13wmaz.com/article/news...stops/85-b3d99f1d-0be7-4b54-8308-e13f3f44fc18

And no one will remember how wrong this tweet was, they'll just keep reposting new garbage - both the left and the right. The more outrageous the lie, the more the masses will eat it up.

Ya'll have lost your damned minds. Everyone bemoans the fact that we're running turd sandwich against giant douche... but the American people are getting exactly what we deserve in the quality of our candidates.
People don't care about facts anymore. They'll gladly believe and promote a lie, as long as it's the lie they like. Honestly it's been a hallmark of this administration. To be fair, I'm guessing it's been someone many administrations have been fine with, but with this one it's blatant.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
People don't care about facts anymore. They'll gladly believe and promote a lie, as long as it's the lie they like. Honestly it's been a hallmark of this administration. To be fair, I'm guessing it's been someone many administrations have been fine with, but with this one it's blatant.
https://twitter.com/RealCandaceO/status/1320504074010329089?s=20

Case in point. Hunter Biden is not a saint but the way the Q people have tried to destroy his reputation is repulsive. I'm sure he used his name to make money but an accusation of being a pedophile (when the alt right is really pushing child trafficking as an issue for the base)? I mean seriously. Do people actually buy this stuff?

It's like with Trump and Epstein. Yeah they were buddies but when Trump found out what he was up to he was repulsed. As someone who wouldn't vote for Trump as dog catcher I can buy that. If slate drops a bombshell with unidentified sources saying Trump was all up in the island I'm gonna be skeptical. It interesting that people who desperately want dirt on someone who really hasn't been associated with a scandal during 50 years of public service are so happy to jump on one now.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
1. I think you need to re-read that because it's a little out there. If China had a vaccine that worked it would be way too valuable for them to hide. That's an amazing amount of leverage for them to have. Also, world leaders aren't going to sacrifice their people just to get Trump.

2. I don't know that he was guaranteed a 2nd term without COVID. You gotta remember, there are roughly as many people who hate him the way the Republican base hated Hillary. I would say he is far more likely to be re-elected without the pandemic, but losing the popular vote and doing nothing to expand his base while in office didn't help either.

3. I question if China really has a problem with him to begin with. Right now, the nation is driving up commodity prices. Basically when Trump said his trade deal would be a boon to the midwest, it is becoming one right before the election. There is no reason for China to wait until December to start buying if they really wanted him out.
Just so you understand, I honestly have NO CLUE what happened in Wuhan and it might be generations before we know for sure. It just look's fishy...maybe it's not in any way, it just seems that way to me. Now the truly/real fishy stuff is the social unrest in the summer...that, I have little doubt, is VERY politically motivated and...Trumped up (no pun intended) to cause division/sympathy and to sway voters. Pandemic might have been a natural occurrence, might have been done by the CCP on purpose, or might have been accidental and then covered up to save face. Just ironic it was during a pandemic. Who knows...hopefully, we will know some day.

As far as #2 on your list I do think he did a lot with the economy in order to increase his base...the pandemic, conveniently for the Dems, erased that politically.

VaPoke

Greenhorn
Oct 14, 2013
Washington DC
Just so you understand, I honestly have NO CLUE what happened in Wuhan and it might be generations before we know for sure. It just look's fishy...maybe it's not in any way, it just seems that way to me. Now the truly/real fishy stuff is the social unrest in the summer...that, I have little doubt, is VERY politically motivated and...Trumped up (no pun intended) to cause division/sympathy and to sway voters. Pandemic might have been a natural occurrence, might have been done by the CCP on purpose, or might have been accidental and then covered up to save face. Just ironic it was during a pandemic. Who knows...hopefully, we will know some day.

As far as #2 on your list I do think he did a lot with the economy in order to increase his base...the pandemic, conveniently for the Dems, erased that politically.
The more that you read about the network of influence and money in politics, the more dirty it reveals itself. There are some people/entities that have dedicated their lives to an ideology that is sharply different than what most Americans believe. They want to change America into a different place that doesn't mesh with our current values.
Much of what Rack says is certainly a reasonable possibility. And I am not wearing a tin foil hat.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Pritzker..... Seems like I've heard that name before.... Recently....

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Pritzkers are multi billionaire lawyers who own the Hyatt branded hotels (out of Chicago after immigrating from Kiev to Amercia in the 1880's). Back in the 1980's I worked for Hyatt...man did we hear stories about this group/family and their crimial and certainly sorted antics and high and mighty behavior..Their "in" to a fortune started with being the accounting firm to the Mob (literally Al Capone)...think "the firm" in real life... It was said that when Jay was younger he would stand in the atriums of the hotels and spit on people he didn't like. Penny, it is rumored, was just as bad or worse in her high and mightily attitude. Make no mistake, the Pritzkers are a modern day legitimized crime family. This still happens in America all the time...even in my city.
https://www.dailykos.com/stories/20...s-an-example-of-the-criminality-of-our-elites

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Case in point. Hunter Biden is not a saint but the way the Q people have tried to destroy his reputation is repulsive. I'm sure he used his name to make money but an accusation of being a pedophile (when the alt right is really pushing child trafficking as an issue for the base)? I mean seriously. Do people actually buy this stuff?

It's like with Trump and Epstein. Yeah they were buddies but when Trump found out what he was up to he was repulsed. As someone who wouldn't vote for Trump as dog catcher I can buy that. If slate drops a bombshell with unidentified sources saying Trump was all up in the island I'm gonna be skeptical. It interesting that people who desperately want dirt on someone who really hasn't been associated with a scandal during 50 years of public service are so happy to jump on one now.
What are the Q people?...btw, the Hunter Biden story is in no way new...this has been around in the media since summer 2019 and prior. It's serious stuff...always has been and was a concern for Obama himself and they had meetings as to how to address it, if it was to come up, back during their Administration.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
What are the Q people?...btw, the Hunter Biden story is in no way new...this has been around in the media since summer 2019 and prior. It's serious stuff...always has been and was a concern for Obama himself and they had meetings as to how to address it, if it was to come up, back during their Administration.
Q Anon. If you don’t know what that is, you’re not paying attention.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Ok, I looked it up and remember hearing about that conspiracy theory. Not many people believe that one....sounds like an extremely minor player, and that's giving them too much credit.
Just future Republican members of Congress.
https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1320022259273261056?s=21

and former Trump national security advisor Michael Flynn:
https://twitter.com/joncoopertweets/status/1280226934056771587?s=21

To name a few. This stuff is crazy. Even some who don’t believe the whole thing are still propagating part of the lies sourced from Q.

https://twitter.com/sethcotlar/status/1319740875182731264?s=21

(FYI: I’m posting Twitter links so you can see the previews easily before clicking it)

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
BTW - it amazes me how some Republicans know every detail of the Hunter Biden saga, yet claim to know little about QAnon and Scot Atlas’ role in the WH pushing for herd immunity.

The dog is getting wagged heavily by the tail, I guess.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
BTW - it amazes me how some Republicans know every detail of the Hunter Biden saga, yet claim to know little about QAnon and Scot Atlas’ role in the WH pushing for herd immunity.

The dog is getting wagged heavily by the tail, I guess.
I guess we don't care all that much...I'm not voting for great leadership, I'm voting for leadership that is going to get out of my way. Republicans want their government to be less intrusive, less taxing, less regulating, and less involved because we see it as grossly inefficient and ineffective AND because we think it's incapable of being anything other than that. We see local leadership outside of government being the most effective change agent in the lives of Americans and think that government is mainly a greedy vote hungry deterrent to all things good in America. It's not always that way, but we do overall see it as an impediment to personal liberty and freedom. However, the founders had it right...it's just been bastardized over time. So we, mostly, don't care about some QAnon conspiracy theory label crap that means nothing to us. As far as pushing for heard immunity, is that NOT what we all will need eventually, and a vaccine is a big part of that process? QAnon or not, hasn't this always been the case as it has been with other viruses of this type, has it not?

Btw, my ad blocker doesn't allow me to see the tweets unless I click on them.

Once again, no matter who wins the election...life goes on, and I'm little effected...hopefully. I hope the same for all Americans, and mostly I hope for the level heads of the masses come next Wednesday morning no matter what occurs on election night. May God be with you in peace and prosperity...Politics are crap. I just want to see media heads explode even more in the frustration that they got it wrong again...is that so bad? I see media overreach as even worse than government because they don't have a balance within the American people and are unelected elitist who think we should all believe the same, "rationally" in their high and mighty minds. The big media and narrative of "rational" though has little regard for our faith and our values over time as they want to bastardize most everything that was once thought of as holy. They push and push and push and seem to think Governement should be the answer...that's why many have issues with them...Government isn't the answer.

Ronald Reagan -
https://www.brainyquote.com/lists/ronald-reagan--government-quotes

Last edited: