VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
What are you concerned about Schumer? Don't you trust Biden when he tells you there was nothing illegal?

Schumer Urges FBI Director To Ignore Growing Biden Scandal, Warns Investigation Could 'Undermine the Rule of Law'

Aug 16, 2012
Yeah, things have a shelf life. SHOCKER
10 years. Each blade has to be replaced in 10 years and each is made of composite materials that cannot be incinerated and does not break down.

Point is, the industry is not as plug-and-play as advertised. There is an ugly side that gets dismissed but interestingly enough, the pictures are from an LA Times article.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
What are you concerned about Schumer? Don't you trust Biden when he tells you there was nothing illegal?

Schumer Urges FBI Director To Ignore Growing Biden Scandal, Warns Investigation Could 'Undermine the Rule of Law'
This is the same Chuck You Schumer that voted to impeach Trump for asking a prosecutor to examine a crime that Biden actually did do? And he's citing "Rule of Law"?????

Oct 7, 2008
And these text messages supposedly happened in 2017. So Hunter was rocking a 2001 BlackBerry in 2017? HAHAHA and using it on a Russian Cellular network

If you didn't realize the screen of that phone is from an original BlackBerry
I mean they're really bad at this but Trumpists are like 10 year olds who just still really, really want to believe in Santa Clause so it's way too easy for people to pull one over on them. We've got multiple people on this forum who take an intel report from Russia at face value- you know, the country that interferes in our elections, has actual state run media, is run by the former head of the KGB and who puts bullets in the back of his own doctors, political foes, and actual journalists then stuffs them into suitcases and has the coroners declare it as suicide. But Trump supporters want to believe so bad they'll accept anything that makes them feel right at face value without so much as questioning a thing.

Aug 16, 2012
Sorry, the first sentence was meant for you. The sarcasm was aimed at Cimmarron and OSUinTX that are acting like it is worse than what we are doing now.
I never said it was worse and neither did @Cimmaron. We are just pointing out that the ugly side gets conveniently ignored.

Aug 16, 2012
Those pics are from the UK. They are 25 year old blades that have been retired after running their useful life and they were disposed of by burying them. 25 years ago when they were manufactured they had a plastic mixed in with them that the UK and Canada have banned as they say it is toxic. So the blades were not allowed to be destroyed or recycled due to this for fear of spreading the toxin

The UK has changed the process in which the blades are made now and removed the toxic plastic and the blades that have run their useful life now are actually ground up and recycled and used in the concrete footings poured in new base pads for new turbines

https://stopthesethings.com/2020/05...illions-of-toxic-turbine-blades-in-landfills/
No, that is outside of Casper, Wyoming.

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
No, you say things like that for the expressed purpose of trying to convince others that more than half of the country did not vote for trump. I simply corrected you. I am not arguing, I am pointing out a fact. Like this one. 3 million votes, the difference, out of almost 140 million votes cast, is just over two percent. You need to look up the definition of "overwhelming".
To add to this point, when California and New York are taken out of the equation, Trump defeated Hillary by about 3 million votes. I believe the Founders got it right with the EC.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I never said it was worse and neither did @Cimmaron. We are just pointing out that the ugly side gets conveniently ignored.
Well, adding memes mocking something you seem to agree is better is about as helpful as someone pointing out putting away a murderer for life may leave behind a broken home.

It is a bad faith argument.

jetman

Federal Marshal
Nov 27, 2004
Edmond Oklahoma
I mean they're really bad at this but Trumpists are like 10 year olds who just still really, really want to believe in Santa Clause so it's way too easy for people to pull one over on them. We've got multiple people on this forum who take an intel report from Russia at face value- you know, the country that interferes in our elections, has actual state run media, is run by the former head of the KGB and who puts bullets in the back of his own doctors, political foes, and actual journalists then stuffs them into suitcases and has the coroners declare it as suicide. But Trump supporters want to believe so bad they'll accept anything that makes them feel right at face value without so much as questioning a thing.
People are still just trying to play this off as something from Russia? I guess the saying goes, "keep repeating the lie enough"

https://twitter.com/CBS_Herridge/status/1318732138187956224?s=20

Aug 16, 2012
Well, adding memes mocking something you seem to agree is better is about as helpful as someone pointing out putting away a murderer for life may leave behind a broken home.

Geez, you guys will pick at anything. @steross complains about the length of my arguments and now you complain that I was not thorough enough. You guys should publish a book so we all know the right way to communicate.

Aug 16, 2012

and for the record, I never said it is better either. On the surface, I do not have any issues with developing alternative energy sources, but I can say the same for fossil fuels. Neither is infallible and has drawbacks.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
So, far I don't recall anyone being able to tell us anything he did that helped people. Well, other than himself and his family.

Can someone explain how you pass a 1994 crime bill that incarcerated 1,000s of people but yet got his son of for crimes Biden helped send others to prison for?
Here’s one that should be near and dear to conservative hearts:
In 1981, he crafted the Biden amendment to ban the use of foreign aid for biomedical research related to abortion.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Great job managing a pandemic Democrats. You were right on top of it.

While Pelosi and others were running around telling everyone to ignore Trump and go shopping, all of you were forcing people with COVID into the very facilities of the most vulnerable.

Yep, right on top of it.

And some of you think these people did a great job and we should turn to country over to these idiots!

1603486205101.png