VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
I saw 160 acres of wheat burn one time right along with the equipment in the field.

I've also know of two tractors, parked and turned off that hadn't been used in days, burn up.
Oh, completely agree. I should have clarified and said if it wasn't an accidental fire, it's probably insurance. The article hinted that it could have been possibly tied to the Trump flag. But that's news media for ya.

Aug 16, 2012
Most military bases/posts have a golf course. It is part of the moral/welfare/recreation department like the gyms, movie theaters etc.
Anymore, I would not say most but a lot of them do. My father was in the service and of all our posts, only one had a golf course. Where I learned to play actually. Thing is, like military housing, they are run by contractors now.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
No, you say things like that for the expressed purpose of trying to convince others that more than half of the country did not vote for trump. I simply corrected you. I am not arguing, I am pointing out a fact. Like this one. 3 million votes, the difference, out of almost 140 million votes cast, is just over two percent. You need to look up the definition of "overwhelming".
If you are going to make a YUGE deal of this semantic misstep on a message board, not a masters thesis, at least provide some sort of evidence that the 55% who did vote are not a representative sample of the 45% that did not.
Without looking at data and just as a guess of the type of people that vote vs the type that do not, if we had mandatory voting like some other countries Clinton would have won the popular vote by even more.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I don't see why it would. It might stifle future growth, but it shouldn't affect the existing supply & demand for rental property.

We're arguing over semantics. Most places don't have rent control laws. So he can likely raise rent as high as he wants for any reason he chooses. If his renters don't like it, they can find a new place to live. Long live free market capitalism.

One thing is for sure, businesses aren't going to eat the revenue losses associated with a Biden presidency out of the good of their hearts. They'll pass those losses onto their customers. So be prepared to pay more for just about everything if we get a blue wave in November.
Same can be said for Trump's tax cuts. I didn't suddenly get a huge raise. It all got gobbled up by corporations and stock buy backs.

I don't have a problem with supply and demand. Or passing cost on to tenants. But using a hugely exaggerated increase in cost to sway votes directly aimed at your tenants around election results. Yeah, I have a problem with that. I am guessing the law does too.

Aug 16, 2012
If you are going to make a YUGE deal of this semantic misstep on a message board, not a masters thesis, at least provide some sort of evidence that the 55% who did vote are not a representative sample of the 45% that did not.
Without looking at data and just as a guess of the type of people that vote vs the type that do not, if we had mandatory voting like some other countries Clinton would have won the popular vote by even more.
While you have the dictionary out, look up "assumption".

I am not making any claims one way or the other...you are.

All I did was point out that your statement that over half of America voted for Clinton is factually incorrect.

Edit--
Missed that you (steross) made the reply and not toker, so the first and third sentences are not applicable.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Well, TIL.

And while I want our guys to have all the best stuff...a golf course is so crazy resource intensive. Surely are other awesome things that don't cost so freaking much.
They aren't free.
I highly doubt the cost of maintaining every military golf course minus revenue is as much as the government has spent paying for the president to play on his private courses.

Golf is actually important on a military base in many ways. I don't think the expense is drastic at all in the scheme of things.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
So, you didn't understand.
I'm sorry, it appears you didn't understand my question or that I was referencing this comment by you:
I do believe though that people who don't have the best interest of others or the country at heart, but do have their own self interest, seek out positions of power that can put them above the law.
I asked if you if you thought Trump fit this statement.
Sorry for the confusion...

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
While you have the dictionary out, look up "assumption".

I am not making any claims one way or the other...you are.

All I did was point out that your statement that over half of America voted for Clinton is factually incorrect.

Edit--
Missed that you (steross) made the reply and not toker, so the first and third sentences are not applicable.
If you are going to write that much to point out a minor factually incorrect statement on this message board without making any claims just doing it as a service, then you probably are going to need to quit your day job as you are going to be busy.

Everyone here knew what he meant. And, we rapidly type thoughts, there isn't an editor or review for perfect accuracy.

On my way to look up the word assumption, the page opened to "pedantic." How strange.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
NYC produces more GDP than the bottom 20 States. So they are doing something right. Think I read recently where the top 20 Dem controlled Metro areas produce 50% of the US GDP.
Do they produce it, or does the money just flow through there?

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
I mean even if your worst fears come true the cost of taxes go up what 3%?

Did we see crazy increases in taxes under Obama? Not really, maybe mild increases. So acting like DOUBLING rent is reasonable is patently absurd.

Not to mention property tax is set at a State , City, and/or County level not Federally. So what could Biden do to affect the tax burden that significantly at a trailer park. I highly doubt the owners have $400K of net income each year.
Stuff rolls down hill. My taxes were higher under Obama as a business owner.

As a business owner , and one of my vendors has a price increase. What happens?

I either eat the increase or pass it on down the line.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Do they produce it, or does the money just flow through there?
Both yes. In the world today there are reasons why places like Singapore, UAE, Hong Kong, Switzerland, etc are hugely powerful and wealthy with little to no land and manufacturing. They move money and control markets. Same is true for the USA on those fronts and it is all driven by cities.

Also add in that land values are multiple times higher, salaries are higher, healthcare is provided to surrounding areas, intellectual property is owned there, entertainment and tourism is higher. Cities are the biggest economic driver in today's world. Period.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver

Sure, you pass those down hill. The point when you threaten to pass those down hill 30 times over unless they vote a certain way is when it becomes a legal issue.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa

And hence once again Libs DO NOT understand life. raise taxes on corporations!!! Corporations then raise prices to recoup the tax, or they fire people to reduce costs, OR they move to a more tax friendly environment. Changing the cost of production does not come without a price. The best example of this was when Herman Cain absolutely schooled a shocked Bill Clinton at a town hall event. Clinton tried his normal aw shucks weasel out routine and Herman just excoriated him on the perils of a minimum wage hike.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Harris, prominent Democrats listed as 'key contacts' for Biden family business venture projects

The list, included

Kamala Harris, D-Calif

Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer, D-N.Y

Sen. Amy Klobuchar, D-Minn

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif

Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand, D-N.Y.

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo

New York City Mayor Bill de Blasio

Former Virginia Gov. Terry McCauliffe

and others.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jim-hunter-biden-china-joint-venture-key-contacts