VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters
Aug 16, 2012
Ha did you read the letter? This certainly sounds like doing a favor for a vote.

"IF the current President is re-elected, WE WILL NOT RAISE THE RENT FOR AT LEAST 2 YEARS!"

Also it has gone to the AG office for investigation. So I look forward to seeing what they think of its' legality. I am sure your declaration of "nothing illegal about it" will be put to the test. I guess I wasn't familiar with you knowledge of the law in Colorado.
Yes, I did read the letter and unlike you, I read it for context...what it actually says, and did not try to apply my own unfounded interpretation.

But explain how your comment, "If the current president...." is any different than any one of the national, state or local candidates claiming a vote one way or the other will result in:
Higher taxes
Lower taxes
Defunding police
Supporting police
Ruin the economy
Boost the economy
Ruin the planet
Save the planet
Create jobs
Kill jobs

There is no difference.

BTW, I lived in the Bear Creek area of Lakewood from 1990 to 2000, SE Fort Collins from 2000 to 2010 and my son still lives up there having bought his first home in Northglenn. I know John Hickenlooper personally from his Wynkoop days and my son dated Ed Perlmutter's daughter for a year or so in HS which afforded me the opportunity to have several discussions with Ed. I knew BJ NikkelI personally while she was a staffer for Marilyn Musgrave and when she got appointed as a Rep to the Colorado House. On a local level, I used to golf with Guillermo DeHerrera, an Adams County Commissioner and I had personal and business relationships with the late Elaine Valente who was an Adams County Commissioner for years as well. Do not let my screen name fool you. I have roots to Colorado dating back to the Thompson Canyon flood in 1976.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
When you write a check to pay your taxes, given your comment here, I'm sure you add to what you owe.

How much do you add to your taxes over what you owe? 10%, 20%, 30%. Because, I mean, I'm sure you don't want to be made fun of because you only pay what you owe.
I think the allegations against Trump are that he claims a high value on his assets when using them as collateral for a loan. Then claims a different value when it comes to taxes.

That is fraud and reduces his tax burden illegally. This could all be put to bed if prosecutors could see his tax returns but he is fighting their release to the Supreme Court. This of course is after he said dozens of times during his campaign that he would release them after the election.

It is also after he was caught committing fraud with a Charity.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Famous Quote from Judge Learned Hand

"Anyone may arrange his affairs so that his taxes shall be as low as
possible; he is not bound to choose that pattern which best pays the
treasury. There is not even a patriotic duty to increase one's taxes.
Over and over again the Courts have said that there is nothing sinister
in so arranging affairs as to keep taxes as low as possible. Everyone
does it, rich and poor alike and all do right, for nobody owes any
public duty to pay more than the law demands."

The supreme court agrees with the idea that you have no dutyto pay more than the law forces you to.

Aug 16, 2012
You seem to be arguing simply for the sake of arguing. When i say the majority of Americans voted for clinton, i think it's rather obvious and clear that the majority of Americans I reference here are people who actually voted. For those who dont vote, their opinions simply do not matter, they're just taxpayers. thanks for the $!

Now that we have that cleared out, yes the majority of mfers who actually cared enough to vote pretty overwhelmingly preferred clinton. I dont care what way most of the country swings, i care about how we voted and it's clear that more people preferred clinton. which is really said for donny boy, because clinton is a real piece of trash and more people wanted her anyway.
No, you say things like that for the expressed purpose of trying to convince others that more than half of the country did not vote for trump. I simply corrected you. I am not arguing, I am pointing out a fact. Like this one. 3 million votes, the difference, out of almost 140 million votes cast, is just over two percent. You need to look up the definition of "overwhelming".

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
Most military bases/posts have a golf course. It is part of the moral/welfare/recreation department like the gyms, movie theaters etc.
Well, TIL.

And while I want our guys to have all the best stuff...a golf course is so crazy resource intensive. Surely are other awesome things that don't cost so freaking much.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
10 to 1 says it's an insurance scam. I doubt there are many people in rural Nebraska that would set farm equipment on fire for displaying a trump flag.
I saw 160 acres of wheat burn one time right along with the equipment in the field.

I've also know of two tractors, parked and turned off that hadn't been used in days, burn up.

Oct 30, 2007
Stopping all immigrants from entering the US is going to do a lot more to the bottom line of a trailer park in Colorado than a tax increase targeted at the rich.
I don't see why it would. It might stifle future growth, but it shouldn't affect the existing supply & demand for rental property.

We're arguing over semantics. Most places don't have rent control laws. So he can likely raise rent as high as he wants for any reason he chooses. If his renters don't like it, they can find a new place to live. Long live free market capitalism.

One thing is for sure, businesses aren't going to eat the revenue losses associated with a Biden presidency out of the good of their hearts. They'll pass those losses onto their customers. So be prepared to pay more for just about everything if we get a blue wave in November.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I think the allegations against Trump are that he claims a high value on his assets when using them as collateral for a loan. Then claims a different value when it comes to taxes.

That is fraud and reduces his tax burden illegally. This could all be put to bed if prosecutors could see his tax returns but he is fighting their release to the Supreme Court. This of course is after he said dozens of times during his campaign that he would release them after the election.

It is also after he was caught committing fraud with a Charity.
The IRS has audited and may still be auditing his tax returns. The IRS hasn't been very friendly lately to those on the political right.

The IRS under the Obama Administration admitted to targeting conservative groups.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yes, I did read the letter and unlike you, I read it for context...what it actually says, and did not try to apply my own unfounded interpretation.

But explain how your comment, "If the current president...." is any different than any one of the national, state or local candidates claiming a vote one way or the other will result in:
Higher taxes
Lower taxes
Defunding police
Supporting police
Ruin the economy
Boost the economy
Ruin the planet
Save the planet
Create jobs
Kill jobs

There is no difference.

BTW, I lived in the Bear Creek area of Lakewood from 1990 to 2000, SE Fort Collins from 2000 to 2010 and my son still lives up there having bought his first home in Northglenn. I know John Hickenlooper personally from his Wynkoop days and my son dated Ed Perlmutter's daughter for a year or so in HS which afforded me the opportunity to have several discussions with Ed. I knew BJ NikkelI personally while she was a staffer for Marilyn Musgrave and when she got appointed as a Rep to the Colorado House. On a local level, I used to golf with Guillermo DeHerrera, an Adams County Commissioner and I had personal and business relationships with the late Elaine Valente who was an Adams County Commissioner for years as well. Do not let my screen name fool you. I have roots to Colorado dating back to the Thompson Canyon flood in 1976.
Maybe because those comments on votes are not tied directly to your rent bill. With a clear intent to push people to vote for Trump with the leverage of that bill. I mean those people live in CO that is 99% going for Biden. They have no control over the election results and threatening to raise there rent goes against the core of American beliefs.

Cool, on your CO connections. I bet living in that area back then was sweet. We got to see the St Vrain flood in 2013. Crazy.

Aug 16, 2012
I think it highlights the idea that the tax burden which goes unpaid by mega rich people who are rich enough to avoid taxes, simply rolls down to the rest of us who have no choice but to pay our fair share. And we have a guy in office who has extreme influence in how much more taxes he and his fellow mega rich people can avoid paying. I mean it's no mystery that the US' billionaires wealth collectively increased by nearly a trillion dollars this year. Many of them heavily invested in corporations who now enjoy a really low tax rate. It's nice being rich that's for sure. It always has been, true, but it's a lot better now than in the past.

yeah the taxpayer funded trump golf outings have certainly cost us a lot of money. is that before or after the $200k/hour it costs to operate Air Force One? And i wonder, when he spends a few days at his club, all of his lackeys and SS get the privilege of staying at his glorious property on taxpayer dime too.
It's all very on the up and up.
the president does not write the tax code. Might want to look that up. Meanwhile, Biden has been a member of Congress for 47 years and has had innumerable opportunities to alter the tax code.