VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I guess we’ll find out if there any real journalists left. This is a major scandal with hard proof to back it up.. This well exceeds the Hillary email stuff. Perhaps the biggest scandal for a POTUS candidate on the eve of an election ever (maybe I’m forgetting one?)
What would be the crime they are going to charge them with? The email is from May 2017. Both Biden's were private citizens at that point.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Honestly it's not just conservatives. If you look around at brexit and the walkaway campaign you will see a large group of people who are fed up with the Democrats trying to bring America down and destroy our economy. There are many other reasons as well that they are changing their stances and voting for Republican. And I can almost guarantee that for every one of them there's about four or five of them that don't speak their mind for fear of losing friends or getting a massive violent backlash from people they know who are absolutely deep seated liberals who are seemingly on the verge of violence at the thought of anybody voting for Trump.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
you're right, it's just not conservatives that can be the silent majority...I was just making a dumb joke...but I don't understand why people would be afraid to say who they support on a poll where your friends, neighbors, family don't know how you respond to a poll...I do disagree that the democrats will/are trying to bring America down and destroying the economy when the economy has gradually gained during Obama and through Trump until Covid hit.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/smotus/status/1319142601014951936

Funny but illegal I would think. Although if his taxes and stuff do go up due to Biden getting into office and his policies, he's more than warranted to at least raise them some.

Last edited:
Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
Funny but illegal I would think. Although if his taxes and stuff do go up due to bid and getting into office and his policies he's more than warranted to at least raise them some.

That is what the free crowd does not understand. Stuff runs down hill. The only one that wins is the bloated government.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Funny but illegal I would think. Although if his taxes and stuff do go up due to bid and getting into office and his policies he's more than warranted to at least raise them some.

Oh man, a real knee slapper. Strong arming votes. Admittedly illegal. But man is it funny.

Signed,
GOP

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Yes it is. My post was sarcasm. People were saying this was Russia feeding Rudy lies and no other news organization would touch the story. They specifically even used Fox as an example. Posters on this very board actually.
I’m not sure there are any other talking points besides people closing their eyes, sticking their fingers in their ears, and screaming “I can’t hear you!” And the reason I say that is, it’s clear Joe Biden is actually guilty of doing what we heard for 3+ years that Trump had done. And supposedly that was worthy of Trump being impeached and he & members of his family being perp walked into the federal pen. So once people concede that these emails are real, there’s no serious way they can say Biden is a better choice over Trump. So you are going to see people continue to say this isn’t true and try to deflect by pointing out that Trump has foreign bank accounts and Rudy is in the new Borat film. It’s basically prevent defense until the election by the left and the MSM. And if Biden wins look for this scandal to be used pretty quickly to get him out and Harris in.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Yeah, and the fact that he is buying a $500k house is of concern? You can tell these people don't live in high value states. I was in my 20's in 2009 and bought a house worth that much. As a recent OSU grad.
$500k sounds like a lot when you live in Oklahoma. I'm from California where you can buy a burned down 1000 sq ft house shack in silicon valley for $900k.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond
For sure!

When Obama was replaced by Trump. Everyone's rent was cut in half! So naturally it is going to double if the opposite happens.
Sounds good man. Its just basic economics. Think about this, with all this open commercial property that we will have soon. Those can just converted into apartments. Yay we just saved the homeless population. Oh shoot, whos gonna pay for that?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Sounds good man. Its just basic economics. Think about this, with all this open commercial property that we will have soon. Those can just converted into apartments. Yay we just saved the homeless population. Oh shoot, whos gonna pay for that?
I mean even if your worst fears come true the cost of taxes go up what 3%?

Did we see crazy increases in taxes under Obama? Not really, maybe mild increases. So acting like DOUBLING rent is reasonable is patently absurd.

Not to mention property tax is set at a State , City, and/or County level not Federally. So what could Biden do to affect the tax burden that significantly at a trailer park. I highly doubt the owners have $400K of net income each year.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Not at face value, sure. but im not sure we ever had a president with a freakin chinese bank account. and you know how badly he disparages china and how biden is complicit with them somehow. And what's more, records show he paid more in taxes to the damn chinese than he did to his own country! just a bad look in the best of scenarios and it only goes down from there.
This is a lack of knowledge regarding taxes. Do you fill out a tax form? Just curious.

What we pay in taxes is do to acts of Congress and the Presidents Administration. Biden has had more influence in the tax code than Trump has. So, what Trump paid in taxes was more Biden's fault. The only thing that would have been Trumps would be if he broke the law Biden helped write.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
You will have to point me to the convictions that have happened on the Biden side. I can point you to more than a half dozen on the Trump side.
First you should point to why you think I belong to cult!

It's far far more likely Biden is criminal than I am a member of a cult.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
This is a lack of knowledge regarding taxes. Do you fill out a tax form? Just curious.

What we pay in taxes is do to acts of Congress and the Presidents Administration. Biden has had more influence in the tax code than Trump has. So, what Trump paid in taxes was more Biden's fault. The only thing that would have been Trumps would be if he broke the law Biden helped write.
I mean Trump did sign a Tax cut into law in 2017. That would have affected his tax bill for 2018 and 2019.

What did Biden sign into law? He was a member of the Senate sure but that would mean people like McConnel hold more culpability as the majority leader than Biden.

Also of note, Trump is under investigation for tax and insurance fraud and has been fighting a subpoena on his tax returns by appealing it up to the Supreme Court.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK

If we’re worried about taxes, there appears to be no illegality regarding Trump’s taxes. But the Biden scandal involves money laundering and bribes. I can’t imagine in that case that tax evasion wouldn’t also be involved. Where’s the outrage about that?

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

I dont lack knowledge on how taxes work. But that's irrelevant, even a dimwit has enough sense to know 188k is more than 750. All you need are a pair of eyeballs to see that. I am not disparaging why, yet you seem to feel the need to defend why your boy sent 750 in taxes to his own country but sent 188,000 to the chinese communists he claims to hate so much. I know why, because it's a bad look. If it wasnt a bad look you wouldnt feel it necessary to defend yet another round of bad publicity for your king.

Personally, I dont care why, it doesnt matter why. It just is what it is. He paid more money to the chinese communists in taxes than his own country. And that's before we get into his chinese bank account. imagine obama having a chinese bank account while potus. lol. he'd be called beijing barry.