VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Would be very cool to see an accurate non-political time line for the entire virus. I think American's should be able to look past our political divides on this issue and our plan for reaction to how China failed us. I think moving forward both candidates should have a better plan to deal with China...not just the virus...this can't occur again, and China has historically been a hot bed for pandemic origin and especially if this is lab released as most seem to think in this thread. Shouldn't be political at all...unity should be first and foremost on this...if only this one thing.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Would be very cool to see an accurate non-political time line for the entire virus. I think American's should be able to look past our political divides on this issue and our plan for reaction to how China failed us. I think moving forward both candidates should have a better plan to deal with China...not just the virus...this can't occur again, and China has historically been a hot bed for pandemic origin and especially if this is lab released as most seem to think in this thread. Shouldn't be political at all...unity should be first and foremost on this...if only this one thing.
https://www.ajmc.com/view/a-timeline-of-covid19-developments-in-2020

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
45,000 in a county is a low population density, how many towns?

My wait was less than 10 min...just never had to wait during early voting before. The site was well staffed and everyone got finger condoms for signing the touch screen and working the E-Slate. Had a first time voter behind me and the staff did a great job of walking them through the process.

Edit: I believe Harris County passed the 1 million mark for early voters yesterday.
A handfull of small cities and lots a tiny rural/mountain towns.

Nov 6, 2010
Well we know that the US at one point had scientist in Wuhan at the Bio Weapons Lab that may be ground zero....I HIGHLY doubt the US would end that relationship.

It would not surprise me to learn that the CIA knew what was going on and the Trump admin knew what was going on from the beginning. Remember Trump multiple times has said he didn't want to panic the US people. In my opinion the CIA was on the ground at the start, knew how deadly this thing was, turned a blind eye to what the Chinese Govt was doing to their own people to try to control it before it left China. I also believe that the CIA and the Trump Admin kept it under wraps in an attempt to not only keep panic from happening in the US but also the entire world to avoid an entire collapse of the World Economic system and global chaos.

I think this is where Trump's anger with China over the thing comes from. I think the CIA and the Trump admin knew what was going on when it first broke out and were promised by the Chinese govt they would handle it and it would not leave China and then China failed on that promise and it became the World's and more importantly to Trump his problem to deal with on his own shores. I think Trump was under the impression China was getting it under control, and banning travel from China would be all he needed to do as the Chinese Govt was killing people in China who had it. Little did anyone know it was already running gangbusters through Italy after being imported from China and from there the rest of the world.

Given what we know about Trump and taking responsibility, do you really think he and his campaign would not be shouting this from the mountaintops now?? I mean yea, they're calling it the "China Virus" and everything, but if he really had a reliable foil, I cannot imagine him not using it.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Let me get this straight. A 24 year old actress posing as a TV reporter invited him back to her hotel room for a drink after an interview, and then Sasha Cohen jumped out and said "she's 15, she's too old for you." Now they're using his name, image, & likeness in a major motion picture without his consent?

I don't see this ending well for the production company.
I doubt that, 'cause he's been doing this for decades.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
Wait a minute. Cannot blame rich people for voting them in. Depending on your definition of "rich", they make up a SIGNIFICANTLY smaller voting block that could easily be overturned by mom, pop, restaurant worker, hourly worker, etc.....by a long-shot. Up to a 9-1 difference. Money has nothing to do with why the same idiots keep getting reelected. The same idiot voters are to blame. They are not "trying to vote them out". Far from it.
I can blame whoever i want if i want to. If they were so easily overturned they would be, but they arent. Politics runs by money, and rich people supply that money. It's why billionaires like devos donate to winning campaigns and get rewarded with undeserved cabinet position in those administrations. There's a handful of people in the current administration that got there by donating large sums of money, in the millions, to the winning presidential campaign in 2016. The politicians care more about who can fund their next campaign than they do your individual vote. That's who they really pander to.

I'd like to see that and lobbying end. If it were up to me, the only way a candidate can get funds is through vouchers. Every eligible voter in America would be given a voucher worth X number of dollars and they can donate that voucher to the candidate of their choosing. And we would have ranked choice voting as well. But that's probably another conversation.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
On October 5, 2017, Papadopoulos pleaded guilty in the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia to making false statements to FBI agents relating to contacts he had with agents of the Russian government while working for the Trump campaign.

Yep, just as I said.
Read the whole charging document. It's border line comical if it hadn't actually happened to a U.S. citizen. He lied by saying he wasn't employed by the Trump campaign at the time of the meeting. He wasn't but had accepted a position and was going to start after the date of the meeting.

Feb 11, 2007
Oklahoma City
Let's talk Social Security.. this is a review of the Biden plan.

https://www.yahoo.com/money/bidens-...ion-out-of-poverty-study-finds-200534985.html

Future of Social Security
While Biden’s plan doesn’t solve the long-term funding issues for Social Security, it does delay them. The analysis found that by taxing earnings above $400,000, the surplus in the Social Security trust fund wouldn’t deplete until 2040, five years longer than estimated. After that, the system would collect enough money to pay out four-fifths of scheduled benefits.

His plan could have preserved the surplus longer — closing 70% of the funding gap — if it didn’t include these new enhancements, especially the change in the way cost-of-living adjustments were calculated, the study found.

“While the intentions are to raise revenue to preserve the program, to prevent the surplus from running out too soon, and to have enough income to cover the expenses, the report indicates that spending of the program will significantly increase under Biden’s proposal,” said Chad Parks, Founder and CEO of Ubiquity Retirement + Savings. “It is a step in the right direction, but frankly, kicks the can down the road again.”

What would you do to save Social Security? Raising the retirement age? Increase the payroll cap? Eliminate the payroll cap? Change the COLA? Reduce benefits for high income earners? Increase the payroll tax rate?All of the above?
Years ago the Republican plan to allow the SS fund to be placed in stock market to create higher returns. It was rejected. If it had been allowed we all would have had ample funds to increase our payouts when we retire.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Not much to disagree with here but I also think it was out earlier than we knew, and earlier than China admitted to, just took a bit of time to get up to numbers that couldn't be ignored any longer. Probably out of the lab in Oct/Nov...I think that is the time frame the Chinese Doc's were posting about a new flu on social media.
Saw some google earth view so f Wuhan hospitals and the "before" showed a few cars and the "after" was packed . day after day. after day....
That "before" was 4Q19

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Barry's ringing endorsement of China Joe "You're better than nobody!" Well just barely LOLOLOLOL

https://twitter.com/joelpollak/status/1319045733954121729?s=20

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
So FBI just held a presser...emails sent to registered dem voters from the Proud Boys threatening them if they don't vote from Trump came from Iran who had gotten their hands in voter registration data