VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Rudy Giuliani faces questions after compromising scene in new Borat film

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ns-after-compromising-scene-in-new-borat-film

The reputation of Rudy Giuliani could be set for a further blow with the release of highly embarrassing footage in Sacha Baron Cohen’s follow-up to Borat.

In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist.

Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
Do you think Debra Messing cares?
No. But, when people say they can’t buy the Hunter Biden stuff because of the back story despite a pretty good pile of evidence at this point, why were they so quick to buy this? And I know the answer and your post hits right on it. I know everyone sees things from a partisan view including myself, but I (as I think most) do try to hang on to at least a respectable level of intellectual honesty.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
No. But, when people say they can’t buy the Hunter Biden stuff because of the back story despite a pretty good pile of evidence at this point, why were they so quick to buy this? And I know the answer and your post hits right on it. I know everyone sees things from a partisan view including myself, but I (as I think most) do try to hang on to at least a respectable level of intellectual honesty.
Well on Friday it comes out on Amazon. You can watch it for yourself if you want to see back story.

And is quite possibly the most ingenious marketing ploy in the history of the Earth

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
From the Hollywood Reporter review of the film
https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/borat-subsequent-moviefilm-film-review

Editing is a major distraction in the film's ballyhooed scene with Rudy Giuliani. The shaping of the sequence and its music, in service to the film's overall plot, suggest the disgraced former mayor is trying to seduce a young woman who interviews him. But it looks like some microphone-fitting footage is being repurposed here, and if you really want to make the man look like an ass, you could just play his interview straight: "China manufactured the virus and let it out, and they deliberately spread it around the world" whereas Donald Trump, "I'd say, he saved a million lives." But then, any news network can show us that.

SLVRBK

Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Well on Friday it comes out on Amazon. You can watch it for yourself if you want to see back story.

And is quite possibly the most ingenious marketing ploy in the history of the Earth
This may be correct, he will get viewers from this for sure. Not sure how the below affects Rudy since he is a public figure. The Wrap didn't address the Rudy scene in their review.

From The Wrap review:
https://www.thewrap.com/borat-subsequent-moviefilm-film-review-sasha-baron-cohen-sequel/

Also, over a decade and a half, we’ve become attuned to the fact that a) these people know they’re on camera and have clearly agreed to participate in some kind of film project or other; and b) they all signed a release form or they wouldn’t be in the movie at all.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!

Editing is a major distraction in the film's ballyhooed scene with Rudy Giuliani. The shaping of the sequence and its music, in service to the film's overall plot, suggest the disgraced former mayor is trying to seduce a young woman who interviews him. But it looks like some microphone-fitting footage is being repurposed here, and if you really want to make the man look like an ass, you could just play his interview straight: "China manufactured the virus and let it out, and they deliberately spread it around the world" whereas Donald Trump, "I'd say, he saved a million lives." But then, any news network can show us that.
looks like a microphone fitting to me

1603306238934.png

1603306302078.png

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Rudy Giuliani faces questions after compromising scene in new Borat film

https://www.theguardian.com/film/20...ns-after-compromising-scene-in-new-borat-film

The reputation of Rudy Giuliani could be set for a further blow with the release of highly embarrassing footage in Sacha Baron Cohen’s follow-up to Borat.

In the film, released on Friday, the former New York mayor and current personal attorney to Donald Trump is seen reaching into his trousers and apparently touching his genitals while reclining on a bed in the presence of the actor playing Borat’s daughter, who is posing as a TV journalist.
Following an obsequious interview for a fake conservative news programme, the pair retreat at her suggestion for a drink to the bedroom of a hotel suite, which is rigged with concealed cameras.

After she removes his microphone, Giuliani, 76, can be seen lying back on the bed, fiddling with his untucked shirt and reaching into his trousers. They are then interrupted by Borat who runs in and says: “She’s 15. She’s too old for you.”
Yeah, there is a real possibility it is Giuliani just tucking his shirt back in after putting on a mic. They just take the picture at the most awkward time.

I am not taking this as anything other than just funny that he got messed with.

Now if the movie comes out and he believed she was 15 and it is not him just tucking in his shirt it is definitely creepy. I kinda doubt that is the case though.

Betting they are just drumming up publicity before a movie.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Lot's and I mean LOTS of Americans believe this to be true. I'm leaning this way myself. Tell me your theory as to why it's not?

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Why I believe what's not true?
Yes, I'm interested...because a ton of people (maybe 1/2 of Americans) believe it is true. Most people in my age group that I know (mid 50s and up) believe China released it from a lab on accident, others believe it was on purpose...some believe it was a natural occurrence in the wet market. I honestly have no idea, but want to know if it was malicious...my doctor, speaking without his medical hat on, thinks it was created in the lab and wants to know why the capital had zero cases...he thinks they had a vaccine in Beijing all along.

Like I said, I have NO idea and NO factual opinion but people I trust think it was malicious or at least folly by the CCP. Nearly everyone understands that they attempted to "save face," in the very least.

It would be a very interesting poll on this board. I bet MOST (not all) of the R voters think it was the CCP trying to disrupt the balance of power...I bet MOST (not all) of the D voters think it was natural. Just a hunch and would be a very interesting study...would make a big difference for us all (on our unity) if we knew FOR SURE.

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2008
Obviously. A big part of that was the slim margins by which he won decent sized states that could have went either way. Here is a list of states that were won by less than 2% margin- Michigan, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania, Florida, Minnesota- those states are 85 EC votes if i did my math right. clinton only won one of those in 16. Biden is trailing trump in 0 of those states right now. Yeah i take polling with a grain of salt but it's a good guide. One thing we have now that we didnt have in 2016 is 4 years of trump in our daily lives and that will have an impact on the election. it seems to have, at this point, lead to record early voting.
How many of those states that he won was he actually ahead in the polls?

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
Yeah...we are rocking it in early voting...I voted during the first week and needed to wait in line, never had to do that before.
I voted by drop off mail in ballot. Drove through and handed it to workers with 0 wait time. My county in CO has 10 drop off sites. With a population of about 1/100th of Harris county in TX.