VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.1%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 16 21.9%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.6%

• Total voters

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
I don't know Trumps tax situation and you don't either.

Just like I don't blame you for what you paid or didn't pay in taxes I don't blame Trump either. Who I do blame are those who write the tax laws. Please tell me what tax law Trump wrote so he could beat the tax system.

To blame an individual for taking advantage (legally) of a tax law is just plain silly.
I'd say most people would be opposed to the idea of a millionaire paying less in tax than folks who make $12/hour. If everyone was as rich and capable of hiring tax people to help them limit their tax liability to such a degree, the govt wouldnt have any money. So it's really just a shining example of how the tax burden lies on those people who have to pay their fair share, we have to pick up the slack where people like trump are concerned. I'd say every 2 years people try to vote them out, but a lot of other people keep voting them in.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
https://apnews.com/article/election...jimmy-fallon-ba57234104591e839d1a224b521edb1b

EW YORK (AP) — From the perspective of late-night joke writers, there’s really only one person running for president.

A staggering 97% of the jokes Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon told about the candidates in September targeted President Donald Trump, a study released Monday found.

That’s 455 jokes about Trump and 14 about Democrat Joe Biden
, according to the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University. That doesn’t even count 64 jokes made about Trump’s family or administration, the study said.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Feb 7, 2007
Denver
https://apnews.com/article/election...jimmy-fallon-ba57234104591e839d1a224b521edb1b

EW YORK (AP) — From the perspective of late-night joke writers, there’s really only one person running for president.

A staggering 97% of the jokes Stephen Colbert and Jimmy Fallon told about the candidates in September targeted President Donald Trump, a study released Monday found.

That’s 455 jokes about Trump and 14 about Democrat Joe Biden, according to the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University. That doesn’t even count 64 jokes made about Trump’s family or administration, the study said.
When you are complaining about what comedians are doing and playing the victim. You have gone full snowflake.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010

That’s 455 jokes about Trump and 14 about Democrat Joe Biden, according to the Center for Media and Public Affairs at George Mason University. That doesn’t even count 64 jokes made about Trump’s family or administration, the study said.
I mean, he's such an easy target you know? He provides constant material for joke telling. Keeping in mind this picture below is an actual, real, unedited campaign ad of his. Someone actually looked at it, and approved it.

gundysburner

Banned
Banned
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I'd say most people would be opposed to the idea of a millionaire paying less in tax than folks who make $12/hour. If everyone was as rich and capable of hiring tax people to help them limit their tax liability to such a degree, the govt wouldnt have any money. So it's really just a shining example of how the tax burden lies on those people who have to pay their fair share, we have to pick up the slack where people like trump are concerned. I'd say every 2 years people try to vote them out, but a lot of other people keep voting them in.
You're missing the point.

WHO wrote the laws. Are they not the ones at fault? Or should we blame those who just follow the rules because it allows me to attack someone. Sort of silly don't you agree?

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
One little phrase yet to be uttered by anyone with #TeamChinaBiden

"Those are not Hunter's emails". Seems like a fairly easy thing to say...

Things they are saying. Smear! It's a smear I tell ya! Did I say smear? YES SMEAR!!!

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
You're missing the point.

WHO wrote the laws. Are they not the ones at fault? Or should we blame those who just follow the rules because it allows me to attack someone. Sort of silly don't you agree?
I know full well the point. I addressed it by stating "I'd say every 2 years people try to vote them out, but a lot of other people keep voting them in." People with the kind of money to skirt taxes despite making millions upon milions of dollars (trump for example made 40 million from charging exorbitant prices in one DC hotel in 2017) also know which candidates to give money to, so they can keep the gravy train going.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
I know full well the point. I addressed it by stating "I'd say every 2 years people try to vote them out, but a lot of other people keep voting them in." People with the kind of money to skirt taxes despite making millions upon milions of dollars (trump for example made 40 million from charging exorbitant prices in one DC hotel in 2017) also know which candidates to give money to, so they can keep the gravy train going.
Career politicians were voted out in the last presidential election. Big reason why Trump won. But, you voted against that I assume?

Also, we don't know the true tax position of Trump. There are a lot of taxes paid which aren't on your IRS tax form. There is a reason cities with a city counsel (made up of people like you and I in a lot of cases) give these tax breaks to companies who move and build in your city. It creates jobs and tax revenue for the city and local business.

Looking at a candidates tax return is a silly exercise.

Feb 7, 2007
Denver
I'll wait to see what The Atlantic has to say here. I need 2 solid, reliable sources I can trust.
I guess what I really need is a pdf of an email from Gaetz's 15y/o adpoted Cuban son to Trump saying. "It was nice to meet you".

If that was the case it would be all the evidence you all would need to know that the highest crimes imaginable were committed.

Midnight Toker

Territorial Marshal
May 28, 2010
One little phrase yet to be uttered by anyone with #TeamChinaBiden

"Those are not Hunter's emails". Seems like a fairly easy thing to say...

Things they are saying. Smear! It's a smear I tell ya! Did I say smear? YES SMEAR!!!
They like to say china biden, but now we are finding out trump has a chinese bank account and used it to pay $188,000 in taxes. So now he's paid china more tax than he's paid America. Awesome. And china's largest state controlled bank also rented 3 floors of trump tower until last year. Oh that's fun.

And that multiple licenses he had tried obtaining to operate in china since 2006, but most of them didnt get approved until after he was elected. Interestinginly, Ivanka also acquired some trademark approvals soon after joining the White House as an advisor. Oh, how neat. So it seems trump is deep into the china thing too.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
They like to say china biden, but now we are finding out trump has a chinese bank account and used it to pay $188,000 in taxes. So now he's paid china more tax than he's paid America. Awesome. And china's largest state controlled bank also rented 3 floors of trump tower until last year. Oh that's fun.

And that multiple licenses he had tried obtaining to operate in china since 2006, but most of them didnt get approved until after he was elected. Interestinginly, Ivanka also acquired some trademark approvals soon after joining the White House as an advisor. Oh, how neat. So it seems trump is deep into the china thing too.
Well gotta say at least you're a consistent jacka$$ and wrong as usual.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007

So now, it's illegal to do business in China?

So, the same guy you say has made dealing with China difficult is the same guy you claim to be getting favoritism from China? It's true, no matter what Trump does it's wrong.

Trump say's it's daylight, liberals call him a liar and argue it's dark.
Trump say's ok it's dark out, liberals call him a liar and say it's daylight.

Or maybe you are in agreement that Biden did illegal activities in China, but Trump did it as well so everyone must agree that what Biden did is ok and we should ignore it and move on?