VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 38.0%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 21.1%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 6 8.5%

• Total voters

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
The "are you better?" question is the ultimate over simplification. The Presidents already get far too much credit, or blame for business cycles.

Get ready for this one though. The covid will go away one of these days. Not in the next 2 months, but for sure in the next 4 years. Whoever wins the election is going to take credit for that too. Okay, I can live with that. But any of you binkie suckers try to jump on board and act like it's because your guy won, it's go time.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
Side note. I used a strange term like binkie suckers so it would be easier to search because someone is going to do just what I predicted.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Ok, let’s talk about the 25 women accusing the candidate of sexual assault.
Already did in 2016 and no one believed it then and we still dont now. You guys already tried this before, have tried it on Kavanaugh and just recently asked if ACB has "sexually assaulted" anyone. Your playbook is boring and has run its course and you guys may need to try a new one.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Already did in 2016 and no one believed it then and we still dont now. You guys already tried this before, have tried it on Kavanaugh and just recently asked if ACB has "sexually assaulted" anyone. Your playbook is boring and has run its course and you guys may need to try a new one.
He did say 'accused' and as to your response of "no one believed it then and we still dont now." That is not quite right, but I guess you can think that no one believes it...

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Hunt (at least in the interview) wants to find common ground between Dems and Reps and believes the shared connection veterans have would make that easier.

I don’t care that Fogerty doesn’t like Trump. The Vietnam period was filled with people looking for ways to avoid serving in that war; some like Fogerty and Bush utilized the Reserve, some (Trump) used physical issues,, some (Clinton) used College deferments and some left the country. We should be past the time of vilifying people who found ways “out” as the abuse of the system helped lead us to the all volunteer force we have now.

as far as Fogerty not wanting his song used...IIRC, there was an issue like this with one of Bush/McCain/Romney campaigns. The campaign stopped using a song because the artist requested it but there was no legal requirement since the song was in the public space, the campaign just needed to pay the appropriate royalty fee for its use...could be wrong here.
I think it was Melloncamp and "Little Pink Houses" with Bush.

Aug 16, 2012
I’ve always found this simplification odd. You don’t find it extremely sad that people tie their well-being to one person, in this case the president?
I find it odd that the left blames Trump for everything and but then give inane replies that all of a sudden questions one man being responsible for anything.

You dodged the question, but that is not surprising

Aug 16, 2012
I am better off today. I’m voting for Biden for many reasons, which I have posted about extensively. Here’s a short version addressing what you’re attempting to imply.
  1. I don’t credit Trump with my betterment. I told you I’m a Republican and I believe in personally working hard for success instead of relying on the government.
  2. I’m not as narcissistic as the president. I care about OTHERS who I believe will suffer under another Trump presidency. Not just about my bank account. I also care about the future of our country and am willing to bite the bullet and vote for a democrat instead of someone who doesn’t understand sacrificing for your country.

exactly
If you really believe #1, there is no reason short of being high on crack that you would ever vote for someone that represents the Dem's platform. None.

As for #2, it is overtly apparent your disdain for Trump is the reason you are voting against him. Not for Biden, but against Trump. That is nothing short of pathetic and despite your agreement with the following post, completely contradicts the one-man charade.

By the way...nobody is suffering because of trump. That is a fallacy. As you yourself stated in #1, we are all responsible for our own station in life. Again, you are contradicting your own position.

Aug 16, 2012
The "are you better?" question is the ultimate over simplification. The Presidents already get far too much credit, or blame for business cycles.

Get ready for this one though. The covid will go away one of these days. Not in the next 2 months, but for sure in the next 4 years. Whoever wins the election is going to take credit for that too. Okay, I can live with that. But any of you binkie suckers try to jump on board and act like it's because your guy won, it's go time.
It is not an oversimplification when the left blames Trump for every ill that comes their way.

Aug 16, 2012
Florida company sends letters to employees warning them there will be layoffs if Biden wins.

https://www.wfla.com/news/florida/p...biden-wins-presidency-in-letter-to-employees/

This is likely against work place voter retaliation laws.

https://www.workplacefairness.org/retaliation-political-activity-state-laws#Florida
Not even remotely. My entire industry is saying the same thing from dozens of financial power brokers. Talking about what may happen is no more voter intimidation than a convoy of pro-right people expressing their choice on a public street. I am waiting on the argument that Trump's name first on the ballot is intimidation.

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
If you really believe #1, there is no reason short of being high on crack that you would ever vote for someone that represents the Dem's platform. None.

As for #2, it is overtly apparent your disdain for Trump is the reason you are voting against him. Not for Biden, but against Trump. That is nothing short of pathetic and despite your agreement with the following post, completely contradicts the one-man charade.

By the way...nobody is suffering because of trump. That is a fallacy. As you yourself stated in #1, we are all responsible for our own station in life. Again, you are contradicting your own position.
You have no concept of complex issues, do you? You act like all of these are mutually exclusive, but they’re not.

Did it ever cross your brain that maybe I was better in 2016 than I was in 2008? I lost my business in 2008. I was in a world of hurt. The stress was so overwhelming, it put me in the hospital. God provided an opportunity that got us out of our hole and out of debt in a relatively short period of time. So, based on your theory, I should vote for Biden because while he was VP I turned my financial situation around.

How is it pathetic to vote against a candidate whom you have no respect for, and no trust in? I think he is a danger to our democracy. But I should vote for him, because he is part of Club Elephant? THAT would be pathetic.

Nobody is suffering because of Trump? Tell that to the loved ones of nearly 220,000 Americans. Among others.

I hate to break it to you, but you’re wrong on every front. At least you’re consistent in that way.