VOTE! Election thread

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What will be the results of todays vote?

• Trump wins big

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Trump wins small

Votes: 12 16.7%
  • No decision by tomorrow morning

Votes: 27 37.5%
  • Biden wins small

Votes: 15 20.8%
  • Biden wins big

Votes: 7 9.7%

• Total voters

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I mean, Trump isn't conservative either, which is probably a more apt point since he is the republican nominee and sitting president.
Things Trump actively wants to conserve:
1. Law and order
2. Our boarders and enhanced entrance policies
3. Life of the unborn
4. State and local control of issues like Covid 19 response
5. Originalist Justices who aren't suppose to re-write law
6. The reduction of taxes on working Americans
7. American jobs over international jobs
8. Nationalism over internationalism
9. Military strength and the peace achieved through it
10. Not meddling in foreign affairs with our military unless absolutely necessary (I realize this can be argued as both liberal or conservative)

Certainly I understand he wasn't conservative in the past, but he has nearly fully embraced conservatism politically in the past five years. Prior to that I would 100% agree that he wasn't a conservative and fiscally he hasn't been conservative so far as the debt continues to rise. My issue could be that I define conservatism by Ronald Reagan not George HW Bush (outsider vs insider, anti establishment vs establishment as we call it today) and those two were quite different in terms of their governance, while both were not conservative in their internationalism. My biggest issue with HW was his use of the term "New World Order," we certainly don't see Trump using that heinous term.

Things Trump actively wants to liberate:
1. Coal miners
2. Restrictions on American businesses
3. Unborn citizens
4. The internet
5. Gun owners
6. States
7. The United States from bad trade deals
8. His hair and his tanning bed
9. His mouth on twitter
10. The conservative press

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I mean, Trump isn't conservative either, which is probably a more apt point since he is the republican nominee and sitting president.
Trump is definitely not conservative, but he is still, by far, the more conservative of the two main candidates. He has appointed conservative judges, which have a long lasting impact, certainly better for someone ckaiming to be conservative than the liberals Joe (or Kamala) would appoint. He has also cut regulations and singed the tax cuts, both very conservative things and both things that Kasich claims to support.

But if Kasich just can't support Trump, which I can definitely understand, there is a conservative option he could endorse..the Libertarian. The fact he chose instead to speak at the DNC and endorse Biden speaks volumes. I would respect his decision to endorse Jo, might even gain respect for him....but instead I lost all that I had for him. He is no conservative.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Things Trump actively wants to conserve:
1. Law and order
2. Our boarders and enhanced entrance policies
3. Life of the unborn
4. State and local control of issues like Covid 19 response
5. Originalist Justices who aren't suppose to re-write law
6. The reduction of taxes on working Americans
7. American jobs over international jobs
8. Nationalism over internationalism
9. Military strength and the peace achieved through it
10. Not meddling in foreign affairs with our military unless absolutely necessary (I realize this can be argued as both liberal or conservative)

Certainly I understand he wasn't conservative in the past, but he has nearly fully embraced conservatism politically in the past five years. Prior to that I would 100% agree that he wasn't a conservative and fiscally he hasn't been conservative so far as the debt continues to rise. My issue could be that I define conservatism by Ronald Reagan not George HW Bush (outsider vs insider, anti establishment vs establishment as we call it today) and those two were quite different in terms of their governance, while both were not conservative in their internationalism. My biggest issue with HW was his use of the term "New World Order," we certainly don't see Trump using that heinous term.

Things Trump actively wants to liberate:
1. Coal miners
2. Restrictions on American businesses
3. Unborn citizens
4. The internet
5. Gun owners
6. States
7. The United States from bad trade deals
8. His hair and his tanning bed
9. His mouth on twitter
10. The conservative press
Half of the list you came up with is not even true. It's bizzaro world.

okstate987

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 17, 2009
Somewhere
Trump is definitely not conservative, but he is still, by far, the more conservative of the two main candidates. He has appointed conservative judges, which have a long lasting impact, certainly better for someone ckaiming to be conservative than the liberals Joe (or Kamala) would appoint. He has also cut regulations and singed the tax cuts, both very conservative things and both things that Kasich claims to support.

But if Kasich just can't support Trump, which I can definitely understand, there is a conservative option he could endorse..the Libertarian. The fact he chose instead to speak at the DNC and endorse Biden speaks volumes. I would respect his decision to endorse Jo, might even gain respect for him....but instead I lost all that I had for him. He is no conservative.
Other than those items, he has been pretty liberal, especially on the fiscal side. In fact, he is the most fiscally liberal president in the modern era, which is saying a lot.

I am not surprised that Kaisch threw his support behind Biden, as the democratic establishment is very, very similar to the republican establishment. The difference is that the left gives lip service to leftist ideas, and gives more money to "green" corporations versus the right. Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference.

Jo Jorgensen would have never recieved Kaisch's endorsement as she is not establishment, nor is she conservative, but then again that is why I am voting for her. She is a bonafide libertarian and has a libertarian platform.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference.
I agree that there is very little difference between the two parties EXCEPT on guns...that's where the judges make the difference and something Kasich should consider but obviously he prefers the political establishment over ideals he claims to hold.

One more thing...Kasich probably wouldn't get anywhere near as much air time endorsing Jo as he has endorsing Joe....which I believe was more a factor than any policy belief.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Half of the list you came up with is not even true. It's bizzaro world.
Which half? Honestly, everything is fair game and arguable. I'm not set in stone...just see the other guy as someone who isn't good for American Independence overall...PLUS I think he has dementia and don't want that VP as our POTUS. The best thing, IMHO, about Trump IS his VP.

Last edited:

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Other than those items, he has been pretty liberal, especially on the fiscal side. In fact, he is the most fiscally liberal president in the modern era, which is saying a lot.

I am not surprised that Kaisch threw his support behind Biden, as the democratic establishment is very, very similar to the republican establishment. The difference is that the left gives lip service to leftist ideas, and gives more money to "green" corporations versus the right. Other than that, there really isn't much of a difference.

Jo Jorgensen would have never recieved Kaisch's endorsement as she is not establishment, nor is she conservative, but then again that is why I am voting for her. She is a bonafide libertarian and has a libertarian platform.
Foreign policy is a great big massive difference. Especially if you compare the Obama years to Republican Presidential years. Dem's in the past have been more focused on building special interest groups of poor, needy, or folks that feel disenfranchised by government, into a base and less on foreign policy. This doesn't mean I have a problem with helping the disenfranchised, only that I think it leaves those who are productive and producers out of the equation somewhat and makes us more venerable to outside forces like China and others economically and otherwise when you base your elections mostly on reaching those who are upset with America or have an axe to grind.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater
TDS is becoming more of a pandemic than COVID-19
TDS has been a pandemic since Trump was elected. Or was that when we entered the Twilight Zone?

Trump Derangement Syndrome
Trump Derangement Syndrome (TDS):
A diagnosable medical condition in which the afflicted blindly follows Donald Trump, a.k.a. "The Chosen One." The afflicted is incapable of free thought, unable to critically evaluate the actions or any criticism of "Dear Leader," or otherwise accurately perceive the world around them. The mindless adoration of President Trump is so intense as to impairs the person’s judgment. Additional symptoms include blind hatred of those who preach tolerance and deference to verifiable facts, as opposed to whatever "Dear Leader" or His surrogates tell them to believe.

(Of course, the rural voters version may be different.)

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Ralph Nader, who supported Bernie, says Biden and Harris in effect represent the corporate wing of the Democrat Party and have shut down the progressives. It was why Warren wasn't selected. If Biden wins, the progressives will have to get mighty vocal to be heard.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Trump claims Goodyear has banned workers from wearing MAGA caps. So boycott Goodyear. But MAGA hats are sadly out of date. People wearing them should be told if Trump has been such a great president, why doesn't your cap say, "Keep America Great!"