Egocentric CNN POS Jim Acosta loses his press pass......finally

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 20, 2018
I mean the article I linked to is the AP (interesting you didn't link to your "experts"). They brought in a professional in video production who is using professional video editing equipment to compare the two clips frame by frame. There's a four minute clip of him explaining how the footage was altered, but if you want to fall back on the fake news argument that's cool.
https://www.bing.com/videos/search?...8E7680563427D71C5A5C8E7680563427&&FORM=VRDGAR

This is a video from CNBC. You can see Acosta hacking the young lady's arm. I don't need some moronic "expert" telling me anything.

May 21, 2007
Tulsa, OK
If Trump want to boot Acosta for this most people should be on board... things should have escalated into a physical confrontation.

If the video has been altered in 'any way' an released by the White House... we have a way bigger problem!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Here is what the WashPo published with the C-Span and White House versions side by side which supposedly demonstrates how they WH "doctored" the video. But watch the C-Span version and watch how her arm suddenly jerks downward, and watch her reaction.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
From NY post:

Jim Acosta violated one of the oldest rules of journalism
By Michael Goodwin November 7, 2018 | 10:34pm | Updated
Modal Trigger

By producing a split decision, the election that was supposed to end all elections turned out to be fairly predictable. But it’s the day after that was unlike any other.

The Republican president, the likely speaker of the Democrat-controlled House and the Senate’s Republican majority leader each started Wednesday by talking about working together to get things done. They talked to each other privately and talked separately in public about what they thought they could accomplish for the country.

For most Americans, that would make for a very good day. Given the overheated environment leading up to the midterms and the fear among many that we are drifting toward an era of disunion and spreading political violence, bipartisan pledges to work together for the common good were like the sudden emergence of a bright candle flickering in the wind.

Alas, it was the last thing some members of the White House press corps wanted, so they tried to snuff it out.

The conduct of a handful of so-called reporters during President Trump’s news conference was disgraceful beyond measure. This is not journalism, this is narcissism.

Naturally, the boorish Jim Acosta of CNN was the instigator. As is his habit, Acosta doesn’t ask questions — he makes accusations and argues. Almost daily, he does it with the press secretary; Wednesday, he did it with the president.

“I want to challenge you,” Acosta began after Trump called on him. Trump realized he’d made a mistake, murmuring, “Here we go,” and Acosta didn’t disappoint.

He insisted that despite the president’s use of the word “invasion,” the caravan of Central American migrants “is not an invasion.”

He adopted a lecturing, I-know-best tone to declare that “they’re hundreds and hundreds of miles away; that’s not an invasion.”

Trump’s response should not have been necessary: “Honestly, I think you should let me run the country, you run CNN.”

After more back-and-forth, he called Acosta “a rude, terrible person” and said “CNN should be ashamed of itself.”

That should have been enough — Acosta got the attention he wanted and got Trump’s goat, giving his network video it could make hay out of for days. Besides, there were scores of other reporters raising their hands to be called on.

But Acosta wouldn’t give up the microphone and kept talking over Trump, trying to lob another grenade.

The president, clearly angry now and stepping away from the podium as if he might bolt the room, pointed at him and said forcefully, “That’s enough, that’s enough. Put down the mic.”

Finally, Acosta sat down, then stood up to argue again, interrupting another reporter. That reporter, from NBC, praised Acosta and picked up the baton by making his own accusation disguised as a question. He mentioned Trump’s attacks on Democrats and “asked” the president: Why are “you are pitting Americans against one another?”

Trump, to his credit, actually answered in a substantive way, but that didn’t satisfy because the reporter didn’t really ask a question. He too just wanted to make an accusation and argue. On camera.

There was a time not long ago when young journalists were taught not to become the story. Apparently, many news organizations have flipped that lesson on its head.

But we are witnessing something more insidious here than media trash talk. Plain and simple, we are watching expressions of personal hatred.

Yes, it’s true that most journalists lean far left and their bias sticks out like so many sore thumbs. That’s been true for a long time, but political bias is an insufficient explanation for the Jim Acostas of our time.

They hate Trump. They really, really hate him. There’s nothing professional about it.

They are not alone. Take a poll of almost any major newsroom in America and the vast majority of those working there, if they are being honest, will confess that they too can’t stand the existence or the sound of Trump.

Or try to imagine Acosta and his ilk behaving in similarly hostile fashion toward Barack Obama or Hillary Clinton. Keep trying, but you can’t imagine it because it never happened. Both of those pols lied to journalists repeatedly, yet you can bet 90 percent still voted straight Democratic.

Even if they didn’t like Obama or Clinton, the political reporters would never dare accuse them publicly of anything, argue with them or interrupt them. Even when skeptical, they were respectful.

Recall how Obama used to spend 10, 15 and even 20 minutes answering a single question — without interruption.

Many in the press corps may have found him overbearingly arrogant. They may have resented the way he looked down on them and bristled at critical stories or tough questions. They knew he started more leak investigations than any other president, and might have feared him because his Justice Department wiretapped a Fox News reporter during a leak case.

But they would never interrupt him or insult him or refuse to give up the microphone.

White House press credentials are not a universal right. There are implicit expectations of proper behavior, and the White House decision to suspend Acosta’s credential is warranted.

Just as Acosta can’t go into a movie theater and yell “Fire” when there is no fire, he should not have the right to hijack a presidential press conference to suit his own ego.

It is also long past time for his colleagues, including those from other outlets, to remind him that his shameful conduct is making all of them look bad. More important, scenes like Wednesday’s further erode the public’s already declining trust of the media and fuel resistance to the First Amendment.

The anti-Trump antics are no longer a sideshow. America has serious problems as well as dangerous enemies, and the mere prospect of Trump, Nancy Pelosi and Mitch McConnell working together is the best news we could have hoped for Wednesday.

Instead, it was overshadowed by a few narcissists chasing their own vanity.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
There is a big difference between making mistakes you know are wrong and what Trump is. It may show signs of weak morals in the former, although in the latter it shows complete lack of them. Trump is a narcissist on an non-measurable scale who makes up for it with a low IQ.
Don't you think Obama is a narcissist as well?...Maybe he has an uncanny ability to talk 'you' out of believing it? AKA, a narcissist with a high IQ? Which is more dangerous...the narcissist you know is one or the arrogant bastard who can convenience you he isn't?

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
He lied about the death of a US Ambassador, you don't see that as immoral?
Kinda like Bush lied about all sorts of shit to sell Iraq where thousands of lives were lost??? Politicians skirt the truth all the time to achieve various goals, it's part of democracy. I was speaking about how they lived their actual lives. And for the record, I'm in no way saying I"m qualified to judge, just saying both of those guys seem decent to me on a personal level.

Mar 11, 2006
I mean the article I linked to is the AP (interesting you didn't link to your "experts"). They brought in a professional in video production who is using professional video editing equipment to compare the two clips frame by frame. There's a four minute clip of him explaining how the footage was altered, but if you want to fall back on the fake news argument that's cool.
I will ask again for the third time. What is the difference?

You have eyes. Think for yourself. The side by side is posted above. Tell me what is different from the videos?
This altered video claim may be one of the silliest arguments used for distraction I have read about in a long while.

Pokey

Sheriff
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Is the young woman filing assault charges? No, then this is really just a Trumped up diversion to obfuscate the Democratic victories and distract from violating rules of the justice department in naming a sycophant named Mathew Whitaker. By making mountains out of molehills you blindly loyal servants are admirably serving our dear leader's desires. Well done! MAGA All hail Trump!

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
Kinda like Bush lied about all sorts of shit to sell Iraq where thousands of lives were lost??? Politicians skirt the truth all the time to achieve various goals, it's part of democracy. I was speaking about how they lived their actual lives. And for the record, I'm in no way saying I"m qualified to judge, just saying both of those guys seem decent to me on a personal level.
What was the lie, be specific. From what I know and remember he and every member of Congress had the same intelligence that said the same things. The issue with Iraq started under Clinton, who was saying the same thing Bush was saying.

Bush may have been wrong and he may have oversold it, but being wrong isn't a lie (if it is we are all liars).

Anyone who would lie to a family how their loved one died is not a decent person. I suppose we will just have to have a different opinion on that.

Can you show me where it says that a democracy is described as a system of government were politicians skirt around the truth to achieve goals? I don't think that's anything what a democracy is. It's more about what politicians are regardliess of what the system of government they are a part of.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
He hacked her arm. She shoulda slapped the shit out of him.
It would have been fun to watch the media's reaction to that! Every Republican in the country would have cheered her, not sure I have the same opinion about every Democrat.

May 31, 2007
Edmond, OK
I've also never seen any visual evidence of Trump being an adult and owning what he has done. Why can't we just conclude that both of them acted like grandstanding little kids and be done with it. I don't get why we have to take a side.
Who said we have to take a side? I’m saying that people giving Acosta a pass because Trump bragged privately about what women will let him do because of his fame are making a false equivalence. Trump clearly didn’t mean that he had license to assault any and all women. He was talking about something consensual.

What Acosta did was unprofessional and unnecessarily aggressive. If any of us did that to a female in our work place we would lose our jobs.

Cimarron

Jun 28, 2007
Several reputable, impartial outlets have confirmed it wasn’t doctored. People need to move on from that. This whole thing is not the end of the world but JA should apologize and promise better behavior in the future. It’s that simple.
JA should apologize and conduct himself more professionally in the future.......

Nov 6, 2010
What was the lie, be specific. From what I know and remember he and every member of Congress had the same intelligence that said the same things. The issue with Iraq started under Clinton, who was saying the same thing Bush was saying.

Bush may have been wrong and he may have oversold it, but being wrong isn't a lie (if it is we are all liars).

Anyone who would lie to a family how their loved one died is not a decent person. I suppose we will just have to have a different opinion on that.

Can you show me where it says that a democracy is described as a system of government were politicians skirt around the truth to achieve goals? I don't think that's anything what a democracy is. It's more about what politicians are regardliess of what the system of government they are a part of.
Politicians lie because they're job depends on what the voters think of them is all I meant about the democracy thing. A negative side effect of democracy would be a better way to put it. I remember when Pat Tillman was killed there was some conflicting info on exactly what happened and when it finally came out it was a friendly fire incident, the family was a bit upset. However, whoever started the initial narrative I doubt was an indecent person, just made a bad call for mostly good intentions.

cowboyethics344

Federal Marshal
Apr 2, 2008

I am card carrying capitalist. A conservative who has been a Republican for the majority of my life. I'm just not in denial about our current president being a POS who created and promoted a racist commercial.
Donald Trump is the farthest thing from a racist on this planet. He is actually growing in minority approval despite a few delusional butthurt retards. Illegals are not Americans. Sorry if that offends a bunch of snowflakes.

If you want to see a true racist who is a race baiter then look no further then obama and LBJ. You think Obama didnt fuel race tensions in America or insight riots that involved the killing of police.... think again... he used every opportunity to put the lives of white police officers lying dead in the street and that blood is on his HANDS. Or how about LBJ who said I will have every “%#*={ voting for me until the day I die”.