Eddie Sutton & the Basketball HOF

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
He spilled beer all over me at Joe’s when I was a freshman and didn’t even acknowledge my presence. At least he left my girlfriend alone.
There are two sides to every story.

I think we owe it to Bill Self to give his side here.

Personally, I think you probably deserved it for some past life BS.
I can give you Bill’s side: I did what? When was this? I have no idea what you’re talking about.

https://youtu.be/OuvEJ-U1UDc

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
many years in the future after time travel has been invented. People will be sent back in time to investigate the greatest mysteries that plague the scholars of that era. Near the top of that list will be "why the heck wasn't Eddie inducted into the hall of fame sooner"?

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
many years in the future after time travel has been invented. People will be sent back in time to investigate the greatest mysteries that plague the scholars of that era. Near the top of that list will be "why the heck wasn't Eddie inducted into the hall of fame sooner"?
One of the greatest injustices in the history of mankind.;)

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I certainly hope he gets in, but I stopped caring about the little boys club called the HOF years ago. The regional bias & some of the guys in there instead of Eddie is just too much.

Sep 23, 2010
I am very optimistic at this point for Coach to get in based on what I am seeing and hearing. And Sean being back in the final 4 is icing on the cake for the family. Going to make a heck of an ending to the documentary....I hope!

Dec 21, 2008
They are on here occasionally and on Twitter frequently. That $100 was very well spent I promise you and as a fan and having worked practices his last few years hopefully that $100 is a career-rewarding crown on his career and a BIG thank you from Cowboy fans everywhere!!! This documentary is TOP OF THE LINE from the few clips that have aired and seeing the quality they have done in other films. This will be ELITE! Once again from a fan to another! Thank you!!! Can’t wait to see it!!!!!

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
They are on here occasionally and on Twitter frequently. That $100 was very well spent I promise you and as a fan and having worked practices his last few years hopefully that $100 is a career-rewarding crown on his career and a BIG thank you from Cowboy fans everywhere!!! This documentary is TOP OF THE LINE from the few clips that have aired and seeing the quality they have done in other films. This will be ELITE! Once again from a fan to another! Thank you!!! Can’t wait to see it!!!!!
So have they indicated when it might be released?

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
So as far as I can tell, nothing has been announced. However, Gottlieb posted on twitter a tweet, which is now deleted, talking about what BS it was that he missed it again.

Not sure if he heard some mis-informaiton or if he knows something the rest of us don't and realized after the fact that he had to delete it.

snuffy

Free Harambe!
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Feb 28, 2007
Oklahoma
So as far as I can tell, nothing has been announced. However, Gottlieb posted on twitter a tweet, which is now deleted, talking about what BS it was that he missed it again.

Not sure if he heard some mis-informaiton or if he knows something the rest of us don't and realized after the fact that he had to delete it.
https://twitter.com/GottliebShow/status/1113123500665913344?s=19

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Together for what was expected to be a good-news phone call, members of the Sutton family were stunned by a bad-news message Tuesday morning.

Contacted by a representative of the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, Oklahoma State coach Eddie Sutton was told he did not receive enough votes to be included in the hall’s class of 2019.

A source close to the Suttons indicated family members are “stunned” and had been “very confident” Sutton finally would be voted into the Naismith Hall of Fame.

The Suttons were so confident, in fact, arrangements were being made to transport Eddie Sutton to Minneapolis — the site of this weekend’s Final Four. The Naismith class of 2019 is announced at the Final Four on Saturday.
Link

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
I would love to see other inductees not accept the honor themselves.(I know that's a pipe dream).