Eddie film

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
I wasn't in love with the fact the Trammel was in this, but that has more to do with my opinion of him more than anything. I remember the guy with a mustache being the beat writer for OSU hoops.

Everything was good but the ending. I mean, they completely glossed over the redemption story from the plane crash. 4 years later we were in the freaking Final 4 with a national darling in John Lucas (who was not in the film) who had also come from a tragic situation at Baylor, and Tony Allen, who barely played HS basketball into an NBA player. Then they are bringing in the #1 recruiting class in the country. It could be argued 04, 05 was the height of Coach Sutton's career.

It also left out why Coach Sutton went back to drinking in 05-06 time. He was having major hip/back pain. He got on pain medicine and started drinking again to manage the pain. None of this was mentioned. It would have been nice for that to be discussed besides just how disappointed everyone was in Coach Sutton.

PF5

Cowboy
Jan 3, 2014
Tramel did a good job in the documentary...I just can't stand the dude....chillax people, it was more of a tongue in cheek statement!

TheMonkey

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
There’s a lot the film glosses over, but I think the choices were mostly intentional. They didn’t focus much on the actual games. It was mostly about Eddie as a person and his relationships... and how his career, major incidents, and his choices impacted him and his family. It’s not really a sports movie. It’s a human interest piece.

In the end, there were a lot of things I knew that they didn’t include. But there were several things they included that I didn’t know. I thought it was very well done.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Tramel did a good job in the documentary...I just can't stand the dude....chillax people, it was more of a tongue in cheek statement!
Whether you can 'stand him' or not, he & Bill Haisten are the last 2 left in the entire state with any perspective of sports & history.

Jenny's some sacred cow that apparently has blackmail material on her superiors, because nothing she writes is worth $hit, but Berry & Bill are all that's left for the entire state.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Whether you can 'stand him' or not, he & Bill Haisten are the last 2 left in the entire state with any perspective of sports & history.

Jenny's some sacred cow that apparently has blackmail material on her superiors, because nothing she writes is worth $hit, but Berry & Bill are all that's left for the entire state.
Cut that down to Bill and you are correct.

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
I was at that intersection that night too. It..was...AWESOME! I hope today’s students get to experience something like that. Hell, I’d still like to join them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would wager we get to see the final four again in the near future. The punishment doesn't appear to have hurt our recruiting much if any and I actually think we get the 1 year post season ban overturned.

Now if we could only make the final four in football. Probably won't happen until Gundy leaves.
Somehow, Someone always finds a way to take a totally unrelated thread, and make it about gundy.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Banned
Banned
Aug 11, 2011
It was really good. Wish they would have been a little more OSU focused. They spent a lot of time on the Kentucky time and that was only like four years. It's like they ran out of time to talk about his good OSU teams, bouncing back from the plane crash, and the end of his career. It was like plane crash (they spent a lot of time on), and then bullet points of Final Four in 04, Coach's accident, end of career, hall fame snub, but then hall of fame and death.
They missed a real chance to show at least a snippet of Sean‘s last team losing by one bucket to the Fab Five. Sean very nearly single-handedly won that game in the last two minutes. The image of Eddie with his arm around Sean‘s shoulders walking down the hall to the locker room after the game was epic. That would’ve been really great!
They honestly had so much material. I can't imagine being the one to decide what was gonna be in vs out.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Dec 21, 2008
Would’ve loved to hear about the patchwork 2004 team with JL3, Graham’s, Tony and Bobik. So many played in the NBA it would’ve be awesome to hear his influence on them getting there after all having different paths to Stillwater. Having Tony or John Lucas talk would’ve added more of a national presence

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
Would’ve loved to hear about the patchwork 2004 team with JL3, Graham’s, Tony and Bobik. So many played in the NBA it would’ve be awesome to hear his influence on them getting there after all having different paths to Stillwater. Having Tony or John Lucas talk would’ve added more of a national presence
True, but the point of the documentary was EDDIE, not hyping OSU.

Jul 9, 2011
earrth
FYI. Just watched online. It may only be on ESPN+ because I have that, but it is available for replay online now. (and yes, it was awesome.!)
I have ESPN+ only - and I can't find it anywhere. Did a search and it comes up on ESPN only. Based on what I'm reading it's not available to stream on line yet anyway.

SKC

Deputy
Apr 1, 2007
Prosper, TX
I have ESPN+ only - and I can't find it anywhere. Did a search and it comes up on ESPN only. Based on what I'm reading it's not available to stream on line yet anyway.
Are you not able to watch it via espn.com? I just type "eddie" in the espn.com search box and it pops right up. It's on demand, so I'd think you should be able to watch it.

Sep 23, 2010
Leaving out the John Lucas angle did not make sense to me. OSU is recovering from a the plane crash tragedy, 3 years removed. JL3 shows up coming from the Baylor tragedy. We team up to make a magical run, probably the most nationally recognized run in OSU history. I don't see how that one doesn't make the cut. I don't see how the reason for Coach succumbing to alcohol again gets cut out. Too much time invested on the Kentucky stuff in my mind.

OrangeFan69

LA Face with an Okla. booty.
A/V Subscriber
Apr 24, 2010
Los Angeles 90046
instagram.com
Leaving out the John Lucas angle did not make sense to me. OSU is recovering from a the plane crash tragedy, 3 years removed. JL3 shows up coming from the Baylor tragedy. We team up to make a magical run, probably the most nationally recognized run in OSU history. I don't see how that one doesn't make the cut. I don't see how the reason for Coach succumbing to alcohol again gets cut out. Too much time invested on the Kentucky stuff in my mind.
Most documentaries have a 90 minute length at best; 2 hours with commercial breaks.

I would have loved to see the 2004 run in there and I'm sure there is extended talk about it; But the Kentucky stuff is monumental as that is the reason he was available for OSU and the reason he was blocked for so long out of the Hall of Fame.

orngblkzebra

"All this endless thinking, it's very overrated."
A/V Subscriber
Feb 9, 2015
Shawnee, OK
I have steaming, youtubetv, as well as a subscription to ESPN+
Go to: Espn.com - watchESPN - Schedule & Replays - Replays - check date - scroll all the way to the bottom of the days schedule to "Other" category. - click "Eddie" - sign in with streaming service at prompt (mine was Sling) - click play button

Sep 23, 2010
Most documentaries have a 90 minute length at best; 2 hours with commercial breaks.

I would have loved to see the 2004 run in there and I'm sure there is extended talk about it; But the Kentucky stuff is monumental as that is the reason he was available for OSU and the reason he was blocked for so long out of the Hall of Fame.
I think the director became so compelled with Sean's honesty that he focused so much on that. I think that if Coach were able to speak and respond during the making of this, it would have pivoted back quicker to Coach Sutton and not as much about Sean.