Eddie film

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
That’s what DVRs are for.....got mine set so I can watch it again and again!
I don't have one. Ever since I got my parent's cable login several years ago I've never bothered to get anything other than streaming. Though less reliable on quality and availability, I can usually stream any sports I want to watch. Definitely worth saving $50-100/month.
Do you live in the OKC area? You could come over and watch it at my house!

PF5

Wrangler
Jan 3, 2014
Loved it! Emotional! The only downside was tramel...dude, why do you wear reading glasses when you are not reading nor will be reading...and he is a sooner boy...in spite of that one flaw (ha) it was really good!

Jun 28, 2011
Auburndale, Florida
After seeing what he has been through in his life, I will never say another bad thing about Sean.

Verbal abuse from your dad
Abuse from your own fans at Kentucky
Turning to pills because after the airplane crash.
Confronting your dad while in rehab.

So sad

OkState1974

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Feb 6, 2007
Tulsa
FYI. Just watched online. It may only be on ESPN+ because I have that, but it is available for replay online now. (and yes, it was awesome.!)

Sep 23, 2010
It was really good. Wish they would have been a little more OSU focused. They spent a lot of time on the Kentucky time and that was only like four years. It's like they ran out of time to talk about his good OSU teams, bouncing back from the plane crash, and the end of his career. It was like plane crash (they spent a lot of time on), and then bullet points of Final Four in 04, Coach's accident, end of career, hall fame snub, but then hall of fame and death.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
It was really good. Wish they would have been a little more OSU focused. They spent a lot of time on the Kentucky time and that was only like four years. It's like they ran out of time to talk about his good OSU teams, bouncing back from the plane crash, and the end of his career. It was like plane crash (they spent a lot of time on), and then bullet points of Final Four in 04, Coach's accident, end of career, hall fame snub, but then hall of fame and death.
They missed a real chance to show at least a snippet of Sean‘s last team losing by one bucket to the Fab Five. Sean very nearly single-handedly won that game in the last two minutes. The image of Eddie with his arm around Sean‘s shoulders walking down the hall to the locker room after the game was epic. That would’ve been really great!

Nov 6, 2010
They missed a real chance to show at least a snippet of Sean‘s last team losing by one bucket to the Fab Five. Sean very nearly single-handedly won that game in the last two minutes. The image of Eddie with his arm around Sean‘s shoulders walking down the hall to the locker room after the game was epic. That would’ve been really great!
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in an OSU player performance than I was with Byron Houston in that game. Complete no-show from one of the most dominant post players we've ever had.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I don't think I've ever been more disappointed in an OSU player performance than I was with Byron Houston in that game. Complete no-show from one of the most dominant post players we've ever had.
It was a good rocket pass to Corey Williams that the Michigan player tipped away but I wish Sean would have just launched another three because he had just buried several in a row to get us within one point. He was on fire at the end of that game.....his very last game as a player! He gave everything he had and yes, Byron was a deer in the headlights in that game. Jalen and the gang made him look slow! We might have gone to the finals had we won. Not sure we could’ve beat Duke though, but who knows?

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
Loved it! Emotional! The only downside was tramel...dude, why do you wear reading glasses when you are not reading nor will be reading...and he is a sooner boy...in spite of that one flaw (ha) it was really good!
Trammel was precisely as awful as Rex Chapman. I'm not sure if Chapman's middle name isn't Kyle Boone

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Trammel was precisely as awful as Rex Chapman. I'm not sure if Chapman's middle name isn't Kyle Boone
What statements from Trammel did you believe were wrong and what statements from Chapman were wrong? Just curious.
Trammel is Trammel,no surprise there. I thought Chapman came off as really caring about and respecting Eddie. He had his own bout with rehab later and understood better what addiction can do to a person. He said in the interview his second year that Eddie was “fantastic” and sober the entire year.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
What statements from Trammel did you believe were wrong and what statements from Chapman were wrong? Just curious.
WIth Trammel it wouldn't hurt him to shave, the half glasses act is getting old. There are times the goon in Trammel oozes more than other times, and this was one of the times where he seemed more than a little dismissive. I thought that Chapman was the voice of Kentucky disdain for Eddie. This was a documentary, but I felt like both of them were there to balance out the positive from the Arkansas players.

Jun 12, 2007
WIth Trammel it wouldn't hurt him to shave, the half glasses act is getting old. There are times the goon in Trammel oozes more than other times, and this was one of the times where he seemed more than a little dismissive. I thought that Chapman was the voice of Kentucky disdain for Eddie. This was a documentary, but I felt like both of them were there to balance out the positive from the Arkansas players.
So basically you really can't point to the statements that Trammel stated you didn't like. You just don't like Trammel's appearance. Regarding Chapman, he had every reason to be mad at Eddie. He was set on going to Louisville until he changed his mind at the last second to attend Kentucky. He gets to Kentucky and Eddie is drunk the entire year. Chapman had to be thinking what a mistake he made. He then praised Eddie for dusting himself off and becoming the coach he thought he was his second year. Rex was classy and had every reason to not be.

poknround

Banned
Banned
Oct 25, 2009
Wabashaw, WI
Just watched the film and it was very well done. Surprised I never caught myself in any of the clips of the Big Country games. I know I was there.

My wife laughed at a picture of Trena with her permed hair. Said thats exactly how she remembered her from her days working at Maurices.

Ill never forget the night of the plane crash. I recall hearing the initial news but no confirmations early on of how many and who was on the plane. I think I stayed up all night that night and was in utter disbelief of what had occurred. I didnt know any of the men personally, but I know I shed a lot of tears for them.

Eddie was and always will be one of the legends of college basketball. Funny that I now live in the town where he got his start in college coaching. And the college campus Im sure is much more developed now. They still play some pretty good ball at CSI. And most people talk about Eddie getting his start here and that if he hadnt started the program, that it might not be where it is today.

I hope that Mike Boynton is able to accomplish what Eddie did and more. It is clear that he has the utmost respect for Coach Sutton and his family. And that says a lot about the type of Coach he could be.

To all of the OSU family...Go Pokes! There are brighter days ahead for all of us.

Aug 9, 2011
Perry, OK
1000% agree! Why was this hack job of a journalist in an OSU documentary when his glasses are clearly crimson! I thought that was the only bad move of the movie

Apr 7, 2006
I didn't think Trammel or Chapman took away from the film at all. Both were both complimentary of him and yet disappointed in his actions because they had such regard for him.

Who among OSU fans doesn't feel the same? I still get frustrated thinking about how he left OSU. He should've been leaving to celebration and tears as a legend and unfortunately that just isn't how it ended. I believe that sparked the beginning of a spiral that we've never pulled out of. Thats certainly not all on Eddie Sutton, but he was legendary to so many of us and the ending was/is crushing. I thought Sean Sutton articulated it well.

Good film and really made me appreciate Eddie and Sean as much as I ever have.

RPG

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Sep 28, 2017
Edmond, OK
I didn't think Trammel or Chapman took away from the film at all. Both were both complimentary of him and yet disappointed in his actions because they had such regard for him.

Who among OSU fans doesn't feel the same? I still get frustrated thinking about how he left OSU. He should've been leaving to celebration and tears as a legend and unfortunately that just isn't how it ended. I believe that sparked the beginning of a spiral that we've never pulled out of. Thats certainly not all on Eddie Sutton, but he was legendary to so many of us and the ending was/is crushing. I thought Sean Sutton articulated it well.

Good film and really made me appreciate Eddie and Sean as much as I ever have.
Tramel should be criticized for many things, but this isn't one of them.

Nov 16, 2013
tractor
So basically you really can't point to the statements that Trammel stated you didn't like. You just don't like Trammel's appearance. Regarding Chapman, he had every reason to be mad at Eddie. He was set on going to Louisville until he changed his mind at the last second to attend Kentucky. He gets to Kentucky and Eddie is drunk the entire year. Chapman had to be thinking what a mistake he made. He then praised Eddie for dusting himself off and becoming the coach he thought he was his second year. Rex was classy and had every reason to not be.
I hear Trammel spout his theories on life so much that I just get irritated with him easily. Trammel speak just runs together for me.

Chapman's choice to leave the school as soon as he could is what I was not enamored with. Rex Chapman likes him some Rex Chapman, however, it probably would have been better for everyone involved if he had gone to Louisville as he originally wanted to in the first place.