Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 12, 2013
Broken Arrow, OK
OSU fans and this board DON"T KNOW urealistic expectations. I live down here in Aggieland. Literally every year I have lived here during the preseason they are talking about what needs to break their way this season to win a NC. Suggest anything short of that and they look at you like you are from Mars. Fervor builds to a fever pitch as they beat up a couple of non-conference tin can opponents. And then reality sets in as they get in to conference play.

Those few weeks every year they are insufferable. Pretty nice folks the rest of the year. One year if they ever break through and even win the SEC I'll get a thousand I told you so's.
Going to be big Aggie Tears this year with their schedule...

Clemson
Alabama
LSU
Georgia
Auburn
Miss St
So Carolina

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Sad part about some of our fanbase is, yeah Gundy is 2-11 with many 1 possession losses, or losses in the final seconds, etc. Gundy could reel off 3 in a row and many of that same group would just point to the "well Gundy is 5-14 in Bedlam, he sucks."

It's the world we live in - people would rather bitch than focus on the things that are going well.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Sad part about some of our fanbase is, yeah Gundy is 2-11 with many 1 possession losses, or losses in the final seconds, etc. Gundy could reel off 3 in a row and many of that same group would just point to the "well Gundy is 5-14 in Bedlam, he sucks."

It's the world we live in - people would rather bitch than focus on the things that are going well.
3 in a row would be 5-11 if you started 2-11

Aug 16, 2012

Not just Cowboy fans. Look at Cooper at tOSU. HOF coach, three B10 titles, but he was R-U-N-N-O-F-T because he only beat Michigan twice in 12 years. That rivalry has had dozens of coaches in similar situation...cannot beat the rival? Yer gone!!!! The bitching happens everywhere, we are just more attuned to it with our Cowboys, and fortunately, our ADs are not trigger happy like some.

Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site

Not just Cowboy fans. Look at Cooper at tOSU. HOF coach, three B10 titles, but he was R-U-N-N-O-F-T because he only beat Michigan twice in 12 years. That rivalry has had dozens of coaches in similar situation...cannot beat the rival? Yer gone!!!! The bitching happens everywhere, we are just more attuned to it with our Cowboys, and fortunately, our ADs are not trigger happy like some.
We are not exactly Ohio State

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked

Actually, what's sad is that you made up a fake scenario, then made-up "group" that has a made-up reaction to your fake scenario in an effort to position yourself as superior. I guess its like a strawman eating a red herring or something?

What if I told you that its possible to think Gundy is a good CEO, a below average game manager, has a problem winning Bedlam, to criticize his decision making, and not feel that "he sucks"? Do you believe that such a mindset is possible? I'm genuinely curious.

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
Actually, what's sad is that you made up a fake scenario, then made-up "group" that has a made-up reaction to your fake scenario in an effort to position yourself as superior. I guess its like a strawman eating a red herring or something?

What if I told you that its possible to think Gundy is a good CEO, a below average game manager, has a problem winning Bedlam, to criticize his decision making, and not feel that "he sucks"? Do you believe that such a mindset is possible? I'm genuinely curious.
Do you always bleed from the vag when people disagree with you?

I'm being 100% honest. You know it was as well as I do, the Gundy naysayers will bitch about him no matter what he does right.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa

Why exactly did you take his post so personally?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I'm being 100% honest. You know it was as well as I do, the Gundy naysayers will bitch about him no matter what he does right.
No, you don't know that. You made something up to make yourself feel superior. Bottom line.

And you know as well as I do that the group of "Gundy naysayers" is so tiny that it doesn't matter, right? The problem is that people like you can't accept anything but orange glasses and Kool-Aid chugging, so you label any critical thoughts as being a "naysayer". I don't consider myself a naysayer, but the vocal minority on this site does.

By the way......You wanna see some vag bleeding? Go check out the posts earlier in this thread where I said 9-3 wouldn't be a special season to me. The blood was gushing. I thought people's heads were going to explode.
Why exactly did you take his post so personally?
As someone obviously considered part of the group you're throwing under your fake bus, I felt the need to speak up. Also, I feel like that simpleton mindset destroys any potential for diverse viewpoints. And finally, it was dumb to make up a fake group and a fake scenario and give that group a fake reaction to the fake scenario to position himself as superior.

Last edited:

PontiacPoke717

Sheriff
A/V Subscriber
Nov 24, 2014
Lavon, TX
No, you don't know that. You made something up to make yourself feel superior. Bottom line.

And you know as well as I do that the group of "Gundy naysayers" is so tiny that it doesn't matter, right? The problem is that people like you can't accept anything but orange glasses and Kool-Aid chugging, so you label any critical thoughts as being a "naysayer". I don't consider myself a naysayer, but the vocal minority on this site does.

By the way......You wanna see some vag bleeding? Go check out the posts earlier in this thread where I said 9-3 wouldn't be a special season to me. The blood was gushing. I thought people's heads were going to explode.

As someone obviously considered part of the group you're throwing under your fake bus, I felt the need to speak up. Also, I feel like that simpleton mindset destroys any potential for diverse viewpoints. And finally, it was dumb to make up a fake group and a fake scenario and give that group a fake reaction to the fake scenario to position himself as superior.
Feel superior? LOL wtf is that? That's the dumbest shit you've ever posted. I can care less about "feeling superior" and could care less what anyone on a message board thinks about me.

Please, in detail, explain to me and everyone else who just read that garbage - what one would do in order to "feel superior" on a message board?

I've blamed Gundy for plenty of faults in my time on this board, especially preparations for some of last years games. And for your 9-3 comment, you pretend like this league is garbage, it's really not. 3-1 against SEC schools means something - at least for this year. The Big 12 got some good credibility by doing that last year, that's why nearly every playoff prediction has a Big 12 school in it. I think there's too much parity in the Big 12 this year for one team to run off from the pack and get a playoff birth.

If we end up in a NY6 bowl, would that be a great season for you?

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I've blamed Gundy for plenty of faults in my time on this board, especially preparations for some of last years games. And for your 9-3 comment, you pretend like this league is garbage, it's really not. 3-1 against SEC schools means something - at least for this year. The Big 12 got some good credibility by doing that last year, that's why nearly every playoff prediction has a Big 12 school in it. I think there's too much parity in the Big 12 this year for one team to run off from the pack and get a playoff birth.

If we end up in a NY6 bowl, would that be a great season for you?
Please explain to me in detail how I have "pretended like this league is garbage". I'll wait.

If we end up in a NY6 bowl, it would be a great season, yes.