Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
OSU fans and this board DON"T KNOW urealistic expectations. I live down here in Aggieland. Literally every year I have lived here during the preseason they are talking about what needs to break their way this season to win a NC. Suggest anything short of that and they look at you like you are from Mars. Fervor builds to a fever pitch as they beat up a couple of non-conference tin can opponents. And then reality sets in as they get in to conference play.

Those few weeks every year they are insufferable. Pretty nice folks the rest of the year. One year if they ever break through and even win the SEC I'll get a thousand I told you so's.

Cowboy2U

Federal Marshal
Mar 31, 2008
OSU fans and this board DON"T KNOW urealistic expectations. I live down here in Aggieland. Literally every year I have lived here during the preseason they are talking about what needs to break their way this season to win a NC. Suggest anything short of that and they look at you like you are from Mars. Fervor builds to a fever pitch as they beat up a couple of non-conference tin can opponents. And then reality sets in as they get in to conference play.

Those few weeks every year they are insufferable. One year if they ever break through and even win the SEC I'll get a thousand I told you so's.
Sounds a lot like the trailer trash fans at cheater u in Oklahoma except for the " Pretty nice folks the rest of the year."

Sep 16, 2004
DFW

Those few weeks every year they are insufferable. Pretty nice folks the rest of the year. One year if they ever break through and even win the SEC I'll get a thousand I told you so's.
So true. I was in Houston for 8 years. Moved there just in time to go to our last game in College Station. Aggie tears are so sweet.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas

Louie Belina is the absolute worst

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
So, predicting we'll win 9 games this season is "yelling fire". Wow, y'all are some delicate folks.
I think 9 wins is pretty reasonable. It's about what I might expect.

You probably lost some with your "here we go again" attitude about the increased focus on discipline. I don't remember Gundy emphasizing discipline to this extent before. He should focus on it, given the way last season went.

I can't be worn out with optimistic reports from the coach or other insiders heading into the season. I would hate to have a head coach who wasn't optimistic.

Almost everyone on here wants more conference championships, but I'm not going all Eeyore with the results we've gotten in recent years.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I think 9 wins is pretty reasonable. It's about what I might expect.

You probably lost some with your "here we go again" attitude about the increased focus on discipline. I don't remember Gundy emphasizing discipline to this extent before. He should focus on it, given the way last season went.

I can't be worn out with optimistic reports from the coach or other insiders heading into the season. I would hate to have a head coach who wasn't optimistic.

Almost everyone on here wants more conference championships, but I'm not going all Eeyore with the results we've gotten in recent years.
I'm not saying that I expect us to suck. I'm just not expecting a 2011-like season based in preseason interviews and practice reports.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I'm not saying that I expect us to suck. I'm just not expecting a 2011-like season based in preseason interviews and practice reports.
Find me a message board for a Big 12 team outside of Lawrence that isn't unreasonably optimistic. 9 wins is not that far from 11 wins so have some Orange kool aid now in case it turns red again in November.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
It’s like web site story. Where star crossed poster form a bond even though their backgrounds suggest they have nothing in common.