Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
What was my "stupid assumption"? That you understand how ffb works?

I read articles and talk about the team, because I'm an OSU fan and I love football in general. I find it kinda sad/funny that you consider me a Negative Nancy just because I'm not a delusional Kool-Aid drinker.
That's not why anyone considers you a Negative Nancy. It's because you're negative.
To quote The Dude from the Big Lebowski “He’s not wrong. He’s just an ___hole”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
So you think my 9-3 prediction for this season is negative? Please explain.
If you left it at 9-3 it wouldn’t be taken as negative.

But you just can’t help yourself with the follow-up, eyeroll-worthy dig...
Nothing to write home about in our conference....
...which has actually been proven inaccurate by advanced metrics and conference bowl records.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If you left it at 9-3 it wouldn’t be taken as negative.

But you just can’t help yourself with the follow-up, eyeroll-worthy dig...

...which has actually been proven inaccurate by advanced metrics and conference bowl records.
I'm predicting that we win 9 games this season. I also don't think its anything THAT special to accomplish in our conference. Deal with it.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
I'm predicting that we win 9 games this season. I also don't think its anything THAT special to accomplish in our conference. Deal with it.
“SHOW ME HOW IT’S NEGATIVE!”

(shows him how it’s negative)

“....DEAL WITH IT!”

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Just admit that you don't know how ffb works and ask me to explain my point differently. Its not that hard.

Or just admit that you're looking for a fight, so you're perpetuating this nonsense in an attempt to feel relevant.
What does ffb have to do with the discussion? You brought it up but it is irrelevant to OSU football. You’re wrong and can’t accept it. THAT is what keeps this going.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Just curious, if winning 9 games isn't anything THAT special, why don't more teams do it?
lol.....wut?

Here's my perspective (if it matters).

It seems like there's confusion about what "special" means. In my opinion, 2011 was a special season. Winning 9 games in regular season, going to a bowl, and losing to uo isn't special. Its good, but its not "special". Does that make sense?

If that you consider that to be a "negative" perspective, then so be it.

This whole discussion about perceptions of success is very closely related to our personal experiences with the program. Naturally, people who became fans more recently have only seen high levels of success, and therefore have higher expectations than those who have watched OSU since the 70's, for example. One is not more or less right than the other. They're just different.

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
“SHOW ME HOW IT’S NEGATIVE!”

(shows him how it’s negative)

“....DEAL WITH IT!”

RE: Post #68

Its such a trabalist/groupthink/exceptionalist/simpleton mindset to believe that our slight interpretations of the word "special" somehow make me "negative". But I shouldn't expect more from you and your ilk. Same garbage, different season.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Its such a trabalist/groupthink/exceptionalist/simpleton mindset to believe that our slight interpretations of the word "special" somehow make me "negative". But I shouldn't expect more from you and your ilk. Same garbage, different season.
Oh....bless your precious heart.

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa

I’m sorry you’re having to go through this. You’re very brave.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Then some will bitch about Gleason. More will bitch about the defense. We could win 56 - 0 against the lesser OSU and never have them cross their own 35 yard line, and we would hear, yeah but they are terrible, wait till we play someone good. Our pass rush sucked. We only had 10 sacks! And did you see how we blocked, won't stop xxx with that. And our QB's only completed 97% of their passes. those other two were terrible. We will lose 5 games, I'm, telling ya!!!

OSUMIKE17

A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Then some will bitch about Gleason. More will bitch about the defense. We could win 56 - 0 against the lesser OSU and never have them cross their own 35 yard line, and we would hear, yeah but they are terrible, wait till we play someone good. Our pass rush sucked. We only had 10 sacks! And did you see how we blocked, won't stop xxx with that. And our QB's only completed 97% of their passes. those other two were terrible. We will lose 5 games, I'm, telling ya!!!
If our QB threw two incompletions and his completion rate was 97% that means he threw 66 or 67 passes.

WHY ARE WE THROWING THAT MUCH?! WE NEED TO RUN THE BALL! HUBBARD IS GOING TO TRANSFER NOW! FIRE GUNDY!