Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I think having realistic expectations is a good suggestion for everyone. I’d rather be pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I think realistic expectations are relative to each fan, though. What’s realistic to you may seem pessimistic to someone else and vice versa.
Agreed. However most of us set the bar pretty high.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Agreed. However most of us set the bar pretty high.

And I don’t really see a problem with that. The standard has been set pretty high for nearly a decade now.

Since 2010, the team has finished with less than 10 wins only three times. And after each season that they didn’t finish with ten wins, they followed it up with a ten win season.

2012: 8 wins
2013: 10 wins

2014: 7 wins
2015: 10 wins

2018: 7 wins
2019: ???

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Oh, I'm sure there are 100 reasons why its "different this year". Just like it was last year in August, and every year prior......

These statements get thrown around all over the interwebz and at the water cooler at this time of year, but rarely come to fruition. You know how everyone in your ffb league comes away from the draft thinking they have the best team, etc.......? Then by week 5, half the league is depressed because they ran into the wall of reality?

So my question is - Do you just choose to ignore all the past preseasons filled to the brim with these hopeful statements that never bear out, or what? How do you personally believe these statements when they rarely play out in reality? Just curious.....

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.
Another stupid assumption on your part. I don’t do fantasy football.

BTW, thanks for being here for almost everyone on the board to pile on because of your lack of confidence in our team. If you don’t believe in the pre-season hype, then why do you find the need to read the articles and talk about them? Do you really enjoy being a Negative Nancy?

Last edited:

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Another stupid assumption on your part. I don’t do fantasy football.

BTW, thanks for being here for almost everyone on the board to pile on because of your lack of confidence in our team. If you don’t believe in the pre-season hype, then why do you find the need to read the articles and talk about them? Do you really enjoy being a Negative Nancy?
What was my "stupid assumption"? That you understand how ffb works?

I read articles and talk about the team, because I'm an OSU fan and I love football in general. I find it kinda sad/funny that you consider me a Negative Nancy just because I'm not a delusional Kool-Aid drinker.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006

I read articles and talk about the team, because I'm an OSU fan and I love football in general. I find it kinda sad/funny that you consider me a Negative Nancy just because I'm not a delusional Kool-Aid drinker.
I said, " Another stupid assumption on your part. I don’t do fantasy football." I'll let you answer your own question from above. I don't have a fantasy football league.

You know how everyone in your ffb league ....

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
I said, " Another stupid assumption on your part. I don’t do fantasy football." I'll let you answer your own question from above. I don't have a fantasy football league.
It was an analogy. Something I used to clarify my statements. If you don't understand how ffb works, then why not just tell me that you need a different analogy? Also, I fail to see how how my assumption that you played ffb was in any way "stupid".

You and your little peanut gallery seem to become smaller people every season. Its so sad.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Listen to the players, they sound completely different from last year. They have something to prove this year. They believe in themselves and they will overachieve this season. Something that really burned me was to hear the QB say his goal was to make a bowl game. This year the players are talking about conference championships and playoffs. If the players are setting the goals they will be working to reach them. That coupled with the new coaches get me pretty pumped up about this season.

cowboyinexile

Have some class
A/V Subscriber
Jun 29, 2004
Fairmont, MN
Oh, I'm sure there are 100 reasons why its "different this year". Just like it was last year in August, and every year prior......

These statements get thrown around all over the interwebz and at the water cooler at this time of year, but rarely come to fruition. You know how everyone in your ffb league comes away from the draft thinking they have the best team, etc.......? Then by week 5, half the league is depressed because they ran into the wall of reality?

So my question is - Do you just choose to ignore all the past preseasons filled to the brim with these hopeful statements that never bear out, or what? How do you personally believe these statements when they rarely play out in reality? Just curious.....

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.
You must be a blast at the office Christmas party

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
It was an analogy. Something I used to clarify my statements. If you don't understand how ffb works, then why not just tell me that you need a different analogy? Also, I fail to see how how my assumption that you played ffb was in any way "stupid".

You and your little peanut gallery seem to become smaller people every season. Its so sad.
You said what you said. Now you’re crawfishing to cover your butt. Try again.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii

Ahhh don't listen to your detractors too much. They're just hacking on ya. Btw, I'll pick it up for both us and claim "this is the year we win it al!" Of course I say that every year. But this time I mean it. ;)

Jul 9, 2011
Yankees Tavern, Carlos Texas
Point 1 - I have not partaken of the ISU koolaid. Let's see if they have 8 or more wins.
Point 2 - we used to complain we had too many weak links in our conference. Now we complain we don't have enough sure wins. I think a more balanced conference is exciting. A stronger Texas also helps the conference.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
So how many wins would you predict?
I see 4 wins in the bag.
I see 4 games with >75% chance of winning, so I'll say we win all three of those.
I see 3 games that are 50-50. I'll say we win 2 of those.
I see 1 game with a very low chance of winning. I'll say we lose that one.

That puts us 9-3 and a mediocre bowl game.

Nothing to write home about in our conference....

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
You said what you said. Now you’re crawfishing to cover your butt. Try again.
Just admit that you don't know how ffb works and ask me to explain my point differently. Its not that hard.

Or just admit that you're looking for a fight, so you're perpetuating this nonsense in an attempt to feel relevant.

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

That's not why anyone considers you a Negative Nancy. It's because you're negative.