Early Predictions of Cowboy Schedule

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
2019 Oklahoma State Cowboys Football Schedule
Aug. 30 at Oregon State - WIN oSu 31 OrSt 21
Sept. 7 McNeese State -- WIN oSu 45 McSt 17
Sept. 14 at Tulsa -- WIN oSu 38 UT 28
Sept. 21 at Texas -- WIN oSu 35 UT 33
Sept. 28 Kansas State -- WIN oSu 33 KST 21
Oct. 5 at Texas Tech -- WIN oSu 51 TT 48
Oct. 12 OPEN DATE --
Oct. 19 Baylor -- LOSS BU 45 oSu 41
Oct. 26 at Iowa State -- WIN oSu 31 ISU 28
Nov. 2 TCU -- WIN oSu 26 TCU 17
Nov. 9 OPEN DATE
Nov. 16 Kansas -- WIN oSu 58 KU 28
Nov. 23 at West Virginia -- WIN oSu 19 WVU 17
Nov. 30 Oklahoma -- LOSS ou 45 oSu 41

I'm pretty optimistic about this year because we are flying under the radar thanks to Gundy's incredible poor coaching job of last year.
Sanders will be running the offense at high RPMs and the defense will be surprisingly better than last year as Knowles gets more comfortable at the DC position.

Baylor has a better coach than we do and Brewer is probably the best QB in the conference this year. Rhule has recruited well and he knows how to coach, which sucks for us. It's a loss that we really should have won.

And just like Baylor is a loss, Texas will be another win and headscratcher for Tom Herman. Gundy just owns Texas.

Iowa State's QB will have his sophomore slump which should give us some revenge for last year's Gundy (yes, I'm giving that loss to Gundy) FUp.

KU, WVU, KSU and TT have new coaches and that learning curve should help us get past these teams. It will be especially fun to beat the hell out of Les Miles for retribution for the way he left our team flat at the Alamo Bowl game against Ohio State. That was a dick move on his part and he needs to pay.

Texas Tech (IMO) will be the best of these new coach teams. Tortilla tossers won't know what to do when a defense shows up in the High Plains. They may start saving food instead of wasting it.

TCU has recruited well and will be a toss up game for us. But it's at Stillwater and we'll be playing our best at that time.

Bedlam -- UGH! What we need is someone like Sanders (or Brown) to keep the team within late game striking distance and then pull off a miracle finish making the halftime leaving frat rats look even more worthless for leaving at half time. Hey, I was a Sigma Chi and we didn't leave at halftime like we were too damn busy to stay the entire game. I wish the frats would change their attitude on this. It's annoying and embarrassing to see these pukes leave at half. Enough about that.

This year is going to be the polar opposite of last year's major disappointment. We're getting back on that horse. Of course a couple of losses are going to keep us out of the Top 10, but just barely. I predict we'll end up finishing the season as the #11 team in the nation.

Your thoughts?

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Good thoughts, I do think we beat Baylor though this year at home...on homecoming...we just usually play great games on that day. Other than that I kind of agree with your assessment...except for the coaching questioning. Jimmy's and Joes usually beats x's and o's. I think this year, with all the new coaches will fall that way more than some do. Just as you do, I think we are in for a very nice season....which is unexpected.

Btw, it's very rare that people to leave early during Bedlam due to the very close and entertaining games these days...certainly fans used to leave at half and come back but can no longer do that and expect re-admittance.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Oct. 12 OPEN DATE --
Nov. 9 OPEN DATE

I'm pretty optimistic about this year because we are flying under the radar thanks to Gundy's incredible poor coaching job of last year.
Sanders will be running the offense at high RPMs and the defense will be surprisingly better than last year as Knowles gets more comfortable at the DC position.

Baylor has a better coach than we do and Brewer is probably the best QB in the conference this year. Rhule has recruited well and he knows how to coach, which sucks for us. It's a loss that we really should have won.

And just like Baylor is a loss, Texas will be another win and headscratcher for Tom Herman. Gundy just owns Texas.

Iowa State's QB will have his sophomore slump which should give us some revenge for last year's Gundy (yes, I'm giving that loss to Gundy) FUp.

KU, WVU, KSU and TT have new coaches and that learning curve should help us get past these teams. It will be especially fun to beat the hell out of Les Miles for retribution for the way he left our team flat at the Alamo Bowl game against Ohio State. That was a dick move on his part and he needs to pay.

Texas Tech (IMO) will be the best of these new coach teams. Tortilla tossers won't know what to do when a defense shows up in the High Plains. They may start saving food instead of wasting it.

TCU has recruited well and will be a toss up game for us. But it's at Stillwater and we'll be playing our best at that time.

Bedlam -- UGH! What we need is someone like Sanders (or Brown) to keep the team within late game striking distance and then pull off a miracle finish making the halftime leaving frat rats look even more worthless for leaving at half time. Hey, I was a Sigma Chi and we didn't leave at halftime like we were too damn busy to stay the entire game. I wish the frats would change their attitude on this. It's annoying and embarrassing to see these pukes leave at half. Enough about that.

This year is going to be the polar opposite of last year's major disappointment. We're getting back on that horse. Of course a couple of losses are going to keep us out of the Top 10, but just barely. I predict we'll end up finishing the season as the #11 team in the nation.

Your thoughts?
The only problem with your analysis is that Gundy lost us those games last year. He ran the offense on the big wins and Yurcich ran it in the losses except Bedlam. That one is on Gundy. Gleeson is way better than Yurcich and Gundy has made the team tougher and more disciplined this year.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I can't cope with the idea of another Baylor loss. And UT can't cope with another OSU loss.

OSUMIKE17

Property of The Oklahoman and NewsOk.com
A/V Subscriber
Apr 11, 2009
Tulsa
Oct. 12 OPEN DATE --
Nov. 9 OPEN DATE

Your thoughts?
We lost to Baylor last year (by four measely points) because we had 133 yards in penalties. To say Rhule is a better coach than Gundy is either extremely premature at best or completely ignorant at worst. The game being at home on Homecoming, I don’t see a loss at all.

Iowa State on the road, on the other hand...

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
We lost to Baylor last year (by four measely points) because we had 133 yards in penalties. To say Rhule is a better coach than Gundy is either extremely premature at best or completely ignorant at worst. The game being at home on Homecoming, I don’t see a loss at all.
Homecoming, after an off week, no reason to lose to these guys. They wouldn't have even gone to a bowl game last year if we did our job.

If you judge Gundy by that one game last year, my son's goldfish is a better coach.

Oct 30, 2007
Oregon State - Win (Should be an easy win. Oregon State is terrible.)
McNeese State - Win (Everyone on the roster will get to play.)
Tulsa - Win (Tulsa could be better than Oregon State, but they'll still be an easy win.)
Texas - Loss (We've had UT's number, but they've been trending upward and the game is in Austin.)
Kansas State - Win (K-State's going through transition. We should be able to beat them at home.)
Texas Tech - Loss (This game is a toss up. I'm not sure we can beat them in Lubbock if Bowman is healthy.)
Baylor - Win (We should've beaten Baylor last year. I think we will this year because the game is at home.)
Iowa State - Loss (Campbell has done a great job. They'll be a tough team to beat in Ames.)
TCU - Win (This game is another toss up. I gave us the edge since we're at home.)
Kansas - Win (Kansas will get better under Miles, but they aren't there yet.)
West Virginia - Win (This is the toughest game for me to pick. WV's going through transition, they'll have to break in a new QB, and they've lost some of their best playmakers. Morgantown is a difficult place to play though. I could see this game going either way.)
Oklahoma - Loss (They're a better program. We'll struggle to beat them until we recruit at a higher level.)

There are a lot of unknowns headed into the season. Will Coach Knowles produce in his second year? Will we have a quarterback step up and be an impact player? Will our new defensive line be ready to play at a high level by league play? Several teams are going through coaching transitions. Will they struggle or exceed expectations?

I've got us going 8-4 at first glance, but I could see us going anywhere from 6-6 to 10-2.

Apr 13, 2007
Tulsa - Win (Tulsa could be better than Oregon State, but they'll still be an easy win.)
Texas - Loss (We've had UT's number, but they've been trending upward and the game is in Austin.)
Kansas State - Win (K-State's going through transition. We should be able to beat them at home.)
Texas Tech - Loss (This game is a toss up. I'm not sure we can beat them in Lubbock if Bowman is healthy.)
Baylor - Win (We should've beaten Baylor last year. I think we will this year because the game is at home.)
Iowa State - Loss (Campbell has done a great job. They'll be a tough team to beat in Ames.)
TCU - Win (This game is another toss up. I gave us the edge since we're at home.)
West Virginia - Win (This is the toughest game for me to pick. WV's going through transition, they'll have to break in a new QB, and they've lost some of their best playmakers. Morgantown is a difficult place to play though. I could see this game going either way.)
Oklahoma - Loss (They're a better program. We'll struggle to beat them until we recruit at a higher level.)

There are a lot of unknowns headed into the season. Will Coach Knowles produce in his second year? Will we have a quarterback step up and be an impact player? Will our new defensive line be ready to play at a high level by league play? Several teams are going through coaching transitions. Will they struggle or exceed expectations?

I've got us going 8-4 at first glance, but I could see us going anywhere from 6-6 to 10-2.
That is about what my guess would be for all 12 too but it is just that, a guess. I am not even certain about McNeese State they have been tough at times.

Nov 1, 2009
Dallas

Seems likely.. I think we win either tech or isu

Cro

we need some celery and a can of fake snow
A/V Subscriber
Apr 6, 2010
Edmond

pretty good summation. i think all 3 of the UT, TTU and ISU games are toss ups and could go either way. UT will be tougher than in the past........

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
pretty good summation. i think all 3 of the UT, TTU and ISU games are toss ups and could go either way. UT will be tougher than in the past........
ISU and TTU won't catch us napping this year...ISU lost it's huge big play receivers and those types (sans having our WR coach) nearly impossible to replace...plus with our vets in the secondary we match up better with them this year. TTU is on another 1st year coach and we won't be caught napping on Bowman again. I see both TTU and ISU as wins... Hopefully Gundy won't let lessor programs beat us twice in a row. Also, no one on that Texas team has ever beaten Oklahoma State...I don' think they start now.

Oct 30, 2007
Seems likely.. I think we win either tech or isu
That's very possible. OU & Kansas are the only conference games I predicted with a lot of confidence. The majority of our conference games could come down to who plays best on a given Saturday. Last year was very similar. We very easily could've been 8-4 if we would've played well against TCU & Baylor, but we also could've been 4-8 if we would've played poorly against Texas & West Virginia.

Oct 12, 2006
The offense should be a lot of fun to watch and put a lot of points on the board. Good riddance Yurshitz first & goal, 2nd & goal, 3rd & goal, try a field goal approach in the red zone. But the defense is very questionable at the least and may be, once again, responsible for losing a few games due to the big holes problems. Hopefully we can 55 vs 53 a lot of conference teams. Go Pokes!

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
Haha! He has always avoided high intensity plays in practice to prevent injury. It’s different this year. And if you don’t think Dickey will have the offensive line disciplined you don’t know him.
Oh, I'm sure there are 100 reasons why its "different this year". Just like it was last year in August, and every year prior......

These statements get thrown around all over the interwebz and at the water cooler at this time of year, but rarely come to fruition. You know how everyone in your ffb league comes away from the draft thinking they have the best team, etc.......? Then by week 5, half the league is depressed because they ran into the wall of reality?

So my question is - Do you just choose to ignore all the past preseasons filled to the brim with these hopeful statements that never bear out, or what? How do you personally believe these statements when they rarely play out in reality? Just curious.....

Again, I'll believe it when I see it.

Oct 30, 2007
lol

Same line, different year. I'll believe it when I see it.
“We didn’t play as well last year as we should have, in my opinion, and it was the result of me not doing my job and holding coaches and players accountable. We weren’t a very disciplined football team. We weren’t a very tough football team. Those are two areas we can control the outcome.”

This is a statement from Coach Gundy over the offseason. Every coach gives coachspeak answers, but I think Coach Gundy was sincerely upset over the lack of discipline & toughness last season. He really took ownership of our struggles last year.

I loved how tough our defense played during the bowl game. I'll a targeting penalty from time to time whenever our defenders are flying to the ball to make hits. I hope we see the same type of toughness & intensity this season.