Dumb stuff Beto says

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
The persons who hired my students didn't care if they didn't know that a 16d nail is 3 1/2" long all they wanted to know was how many of those sob's they could drive in an hour. Your comprehension of the 2nd amendment is what the NRA has promoted , but read the actual words for the first time. You can read? If so, thank a teacher Jerk.

Why so hostile?

Can you give me one of the other amendments that make up the Bill of Rights that addresses the rights of a collective and not an individual?

Also, carpentry work in the last 20 years has become so shitty as to almost not be usable. Those your students? Asshat.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Why so hostile?

Can you give me one of the other amendments that make up the Bill of Rights that addresses the rights of a collective and not an individual?

Also, carpentry work in the last 20 years has become so shitty as to almost not be usable. Those your students? Asshat.
Why so hostile? This forum appears to me to be extremely hostile to vocal progressive public school teachers. Most teachers in here remain quite and don't defend their chosen profession, and just take it on the chin from private school/homeschool promoters, and any other person who's kid got in trouble at school. Look up @bleedinorange 's fowl vile personal attacks THEN blame me for the hostility, good grief you must have been in this forum for like 5 minutes. I'm not taking crap from anyone that acts like retired teachers should still attempt to walk on water. So why don't you enlighten me with YOUR knowledge of the Constitution that you learned from your teachers.Jerk

Pokit N

Cashing Checks & Snapping Necks!
A/V Subscriber
Sep 29, 2006
South Elgin, IL
Honestly...I never thought I needed an AR...but Robert might have convinced...

Anyone have a recommendation on a make/model?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
regulated to me means background checks, training, license
We know from other writings of the period what the founders meant (read the federalists papers). In this case, well regulated means efficient. So yes, you are on to something that training would be an important part of that, but the people have to WANT to do that, you can't force it. I imagine, you know you to shoot your rifle pretty well. I was in the army for 6 years so I'd like to think I'm pretty well trained too. My bet is that quite a few gun owners do have some skill at how to use their firearm....but I do agree with you that people shouldn't own a gun that they have no skill with (although I argue they do have that right).....they should take classes, both in safety and in proficiency.

Dec 31, 2014
Tulsa

If you don’t have one at all buy an Anderson mfg or a palmetto state armory. Some people knock them as cheap but Eugene Stoner’s original design is so robust that even “lesser” models are incredibly reliable.

I’d recommend buying a complete upper separately from a complete lower. It spreads the cost out of the rifle out, and you can make it look basically however you want.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field

I never really thought I needed guns until a friend with like 500 saw all of the food we'd canned and said "I'll know where to come for food when the shtf ". Till then I'd never thought about being killed for or killing for food. Spoiled American I guess.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
We know from other writings of the period what the founders meant (read the federalists papers). In this case, well regulated means efficient. So yes, you are on to something that training would be an important part of that, but the people have to WANT to do that, you can't force it. I imagine, you know you to shoot your rifle pretty well. I was in the army for 6 years so I'd like to think I'm pretty well trained too. My bet is that quite a few gun owners do have some skill at how to use their firearm....but I do agree with you that people shouldn't own a gun that they have no skill with (although I argue they do have that right).....they should take classes, both in safety and in proficiency.
What do you think about eliminating hollow points? Might be less lethal and that could help in mass shootings. Just crossed my mind recently.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo

https://www.americanrifleman.org/articles/2010/4/13/ar-operating-systems-gas-impingement-vs-piston/

Pick an operating system and get it on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_OWq4BSago

Buy one of each.

You can even buy some parts and assemble your own.

I like the Colt 6920. It is incredibly accurate, but most of the major brands are all reliable and accurate. I'll say this, with firearms and anything else, you get what you pay for.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
What do you think about eliminating cigarettes? Might save 41,000 people who die from secondhand smoke every year. Just crossed my mind recently.
Not a fair question to an ex smoker who loathes the day he got hooked on the coffin nails. But let's ban vapes lol they've killed like six.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
You can stop telling us how much you know about and use firearms now.
Never claimed to be expert, but have killed deer with surplus ball ammo and exit holes are less destructive imo. Just a thought, used to buy surplus amour piercing but it's banned now. Never really hunted vehicles so don't miss it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Beto (and all.of.the.other.sh*tshow.politicians like him) are THE reason I HAVE TO support the NRA.

I seriously don't want to. I don't care for their approach on stuff, I don't care for 50% of the crap they do. I'm not real big on their leadership... BUUUUUT they are the last line of defense for LAW ABIDING gun owners. These people are NOT out for commons sense gun laws (which are already on, and all over, the books)! They are for 100% gun confiscation and will not stop.

At one point I was for expanding gun laws and background checks... NOT ANYMORE. I'm done. NO! No more laws added, no more checks... nothing. Enforce the laws on the books, get better at enforcing those laws, and DO NOT give a single solitary inch in the gun debate any longer. NO MORE! OR there will be confiscation. It's not whispers any more, it's not hollow threats any more, there are too damned many politicians talking full on confiscation. :mad:
O'Rourke was asked if he would stand by his call for a mandatory government buyback program for assault rifles.
“Hell yes, we’re going to take your AR-15, your AK-47,” the former Texas congressman shouted to cheers from the audience. “We’re not going to allow it to be used against our fellow Americans anymore.”
Anybody I know with an AR-15 has never hurt a fellow American with it. So I'm not sure who he's talking to.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
. Look up @bleedinorange 's fowl (foul) vile personal attacks THEN blame me for the hostility, good grief you must have been in this forum for like 5 minutes. I'm not taking crap from anyone that acts like retired teachers should still attempt to walk on water. So why don't you enlighten me with YOUR knowledge of the Constitution that you learned from your teachers.Jerk
Fify......teacher.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
The really neat thing about the ..223/5.56, you can take it to the range, or the back 40 and put 1000 rounds down range with your 10 yo kid and still get out of bed the next day. Try that with a .270 or an aught 6.

It’s the first step up from a .22, and they are as fun a bunch of chubby girls.

Last edited:

State

Russian Bot
Mar 15, 2007
TX

Hard to go wrong with the ABCs- Armalite, Bushmaster, and Colt, but Rock Island is a good one up your way.

bleedinorange

Federal Marshal
Jan 11, 2010
In Pokey's head
Anybody I know with an AR-15 has never hurt a fellow American with it. So I'm not sure who he's talking to.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Oops thanks fowl PRICK!!! You're better than spellcheck. You're #1 visualize which one finger I salute you with, and cram it, ram it, and rotate it.Foul does represent out of bounds and your comments fit that too genius.
Lol! Your wife hates you doesn't she? Ever wonder who she thinks about? No doubt an alpha.