Dumb stuff Beto says

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Did his father in law treat them with dignity and respect when he used imminently domain to destroy some neighborhoods to build what he wanted? Oh and Beto was on a board that had some oversight of the projects and he did not object in favor of the people.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
"For O’Rourke, what followed was a near-mystical experience. “I don’t ever prepare a speech,” he says. “I don’t write out what I’m going to say. I remember driving to that, I was, like, ‘What do I say? Maybe I’ll just introduce myself. I’ll take questions.’ I got in there, and I don’t know if it’s a speech or not, but it felt amazing. Because every word was pulled out of me. Like, by some greater force, which was just the people there. Everything that I said, I was, like, watching myself, being like, How am I saying this stuff? Where is this coming from?"

“I don’t have a team counting delegates,” O’Rourke says, again invoking a politics not readily accessible by reason. “Almost no one thought there was a path in Texas, and I just knew it. I just felt it. I knew it was there, and I knew that with enough work and enough creativity and enough amazing people, if I’m able to meet them and bring them in, then we can do it.
“That’s how I feel about this,” he says. “It’s probably not the most professional thing you’ve ever heard about this, but I just feel it.”

Last edited:

osupsycho

MAXIMUM EFFORT!!!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 20, 2005
Valhalla
"For O’Rourke, what followed was a near-mystical experience. “I don’t ever prepare a speech,” he says. “I don’t write out what I’m going to say. I remember driving to that, I was, like, ‘What do I say? Maybe I’ll just introduce myself. I’ll take questions.’ I got in there, and I don’t know if it’s a speech or not, but it felt amazing. Because every word was pulled out of me. Like, by some greater force, which was just the people there. Everything that I said, I was, like, watching myself, being like, How am I saying this stuff? Where is this coming from?"

“I don’t have a team counting delegates,” O’Rourke says, again invoking a politics not readily accessible by reason. “Almost no one thought there was a path in Texas, and I just knew it. I just felt it. I knew it was there, and I knew that with enough work and enough creativity and enough amazing people, if I’m able to meet them and bring them in, then we can do it.
“That’s how I feel about this,” he says. “It’s probably not the most professional thing you’ve ever heard about this, but I just feel it.”
Calling it now, dude will flame out before the Democratic convention and will be an after thought at it...

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
"compares immigration laws to slavery"

Yes I see the similarities....having laws that require people from other counties who WANT to come here to do certain things before being allowed to.....and people being taken from their homes against their will, locked in the hold of a ship in chains and then sold off into a life filled with nothing but unpaid involuntary manual labor and imprisonment for the rest of your life. Yes Beto, you've hit the nail on the head the similarities are eerie.
:rolleyes:
I've said it before and I will continue to say it....this guy is the emptiest of suits. How he managed to stay within 3 points of Cruz is a testament to the stupidity of the electorate in this country.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Pete is trying hard to be "gay enough."

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
He appears to me to be trying to be just gay enough for the gays and just Christian enough for the Christians. And, it is getting him some traction in the groups that are neither gay nor particularly Christian.