Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Did you really think it would go any different in the U.S. we politicized it and started protesting in the streets. Merica love it or leave it. Freedom has a price even during a pandemic.
I think with different leadership things could have gone differently. If we had a president that was more of a uniter and showed the desire to mask up it could go better. If we didn't have a weak head of the CDC it could go better..
Despite our desire for individual freedom, we do come together and get shit done when we need to. Miltary drafts are less freedom that mandatory public mask-wearing. Hell, we already have mandatory public pants wearing.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I think with different leadership things could have gone differently. If we had a president that was more of a uniter and showed the desire to mask up it could go better. If we didn't have a weak head of the CDC it could go better..
Despite our desire for individual freedom, we do come together and get shit done when we need to. Miltary drafts are less freedom that mandatory public mask-wearing. Hell, we already have mandatory public pants wearing.
When the protest and riots started and they were saying that activity was fine it was game set and match.

The President has no power to implement mask policy or pretty much any other policy for how the states handle this. He can do things like travel bans and send states recommendations on what to do but that is about the extent of his power.

If it gets bad enough to bring in FEMA he can set up hospitals that don't get used like he did in NYC and force some ventilator production to help the states if they need it. It's as if you want to give the Fed and this President you don't like dictator like control of the situation.

If O was up there saying wear a mask the same people would be saying fuck that and the same people would be saying you have to do it. Of course the virus would be a back story mentioned once a week and being played down so it would seem we were having a different result.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
When the protest and riots started and they were saying that activity was fine it was game set and match.

The President has no power to implement mask policy or pretty much any other policy for how the states handle this. He can do things like travel bans and send states recommendations on what to do but that is about the extent of his power.

If it gets bad enough to bring in FEMA he can set up hospitals that don't get used like he did in NYC and force some ventilator production to help the states if they need it. It's as if you want to give the Fed and this President you don't like dictator like control of the situation.

If O was up there saying wear a mask the same people would be saying fuck that and the same people would be saying you have to do it. Of course the virus would be a back story mentioned once a week and being played down so it would seem we were having a different result.
Not at all. I'm just saying he should have worn a damn mask when he was in situations that called for it.

Despite what we say, the actions of people in leadership positions matter.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
This will never happen again, assuming it did at some point. No president will ever be able to unite everyone here again. A 1000 year event might but not a president. We got tens of millions people ready to show the other tens of millions what it’s like to have a lame duck president from day 1. Just wait till the “Not my president” campaign takes off with the conservative crowd.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
Not at all. I'm just saying he should have worn a damn mask when he was in situations that called for it.

Despite what we say, the actions of people in leadership positions matter.
I used to catch a lot of those daily COVID briefings on my drive home & the crazy thing is, Trump endorsed a mask or a scarf on multiple occasions once the CDC went to recommending them.

So why he'd vocalize support, then contradict that with his actions is, well, Trump. Talk about picking a needless fight.