Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
They DO realize that they would basically be the same as an American couple trying to get back into America right?? They were literally returning for a census...

I get really irritated by people who try to compare Mary and Joseph to illegal immigrants/refugees...
I tell them that Mary and Joseph could have stayed home if not for big government controlling their lives. That usually sets off the libs.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
They DO realize that they would basically be the same as an American couple trying to get back into America right?? They were literally returning for a census...

I get really irritated by people who try to compare Mary and Joseph to illegal immigrants/refugees...
Technically they were refugees when in Egypt, but they never tried to claim citizenship, and they returned to Nazareth when the threat was over.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

oks10

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 9, 2007
Piedmont, OK
Technically they were refugees when in Egypt, but they never tried to claim citizenship, and they returned to Nazareth when the threat was over.

Yeah, years AFTER he was born. The nativity (which is what all these stupid memes are alluding to) was NOT a group of refugees...

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

After Jesus was born, which he was not on the way to Bethlehem. But he also violated no laws in going to Egypt (else he would not have been sinless).

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
After Jesus was born, which he was not on the way to Bethlehem. But he also violated no laws in going to Egypt (else he would not have been sinless).
Catch me if I'm wrong here but weren't all of these places Roman States and part of the Roman Republic at the time. Gonna have to show me where they ever left the Republic to go to another country.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater

Returning to Bethlehem in Judea, Joseph's "home city". However, Galilee, Samaria, and Judea were all states under Roman control. Thus Sith Lord Sexypant's "Oklahoma City to Tulsa" analogy. You can consider them "counties" of the Roman "state".