Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
I was opposite of you guys... Grew up pretty ultra-conservative all the way through my 20's and probably early 30's but I've slowly shifted down to just a right leaning moderate (at almost 50 yrs old).

Sooooo not sure if I buy in to Yang's genetics/political leanings link theory. :blink:
I started out liberal and moved to the right. Pretty much a conservative libertarian mix now. I think most people in the U.S. have libertarian leanings.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Far too early to guess, but I think unfortunately she is looking like the winner at this point.

Read an article yesterday that Biden is building out his org for Super Tuesday, if he can win that he will be hard to beat.

*appreciate you keeping the silly picture theme going with your post.*

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
That person does exist. He isn't missing. You are just ignoring him because you do not like some of his message.
Blaming our behavioral choices, or lack there of, on genetics seems to be the thing these days and Yang's statement may indeed by an olive branch at least to the left (lol it uses genetic and biological language of the left to attempt to build bridges with the more concrete traditional choices of right and wrong based right). Bottom line, I'm pretty sure Mr. Yang is a good guy. Certainly he would be a good guy to discuss things with over a beer. He adds real positive value to the candidates running...too bad he's sort of considered a sidebar at this point.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Blaming our behavioral choices, or lack there of, on genetics seems to be the thing these days and Yang's statement may indeed by an olive branch at least to the left (lol it uses genetic and biological language of the left to attempt to build bridges with the more concrete traditional choices of right and wrong based right). Bottom line, I'm pretty sure Mr. Yang is a good guy. Certainly he would be a good guy to discuss things with over a beer. He adds real positive value to the candidates running...too bad he's sort of considered a sidebar at this point.
It is interesting that you are stating that the problem that you are complaining rests squaring on the attitude and thinking of the right and not the left. Not sure I fully agree, but it is interesting.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It is interesting that you are stating that the problem that you are complaining rests squaring on the attitude and thinking of the right and not the left. Not sure I fully agree, but it is interesting.
Yeah, not sure I'm following you. I just made a statement, that, in fact, many believe the majority of the division between right and left is based on the thinking on the left that we are somehow born certain ways and make our choices based on born in biological/genetic factors (i.e. I'm born that way) rather than environmental choice based ones (i.e. it should be this way or that way based on law/religion/morality). Bias simply makes us favor and gravitate to one way of thinking over the other...yet neither is proven... I'm just pointing out a difference in thinking patterns. Certainly one is more "inclusive" as it provides built in excuses for all sorts of behaviors. I'm not arguing that, just simply pointing out an interesting use of persuasive language difference between the right and left in the quote you used by Mr. Yang. His olive branch was in left leaning language, not in right leaning language. It does make sense because he's running in a primary of left leaning thinkers and that's his audience. Would be interesting if he could word it in a right leaning way.

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Yeah, not sure I'm following you. I just made a statement, that, in fact, many believe the majority of the division between right and left is based on the thinking on the left that we are somehow born certain ways and make our choices based on born in biological/genetic factors (i.e. I'm born that way) rather than environmental choice based ones (i.e. it should be this way or that way based on law/religion/morality). Bias simply makes us favor and gravitate to one way of thinking over the other...yet neither is proven... I'm just pointing out a difference in thinking patterns. Certainly one is more "inclusive" as it provides built in excuses for all sorts of behaviors. I'm not arguing that, just simply pointing out an interesting use of persuasive language difference between the right and left in the quote you used by Mr. Yang. His olive branch was in left leaning language, not in right leaning language. It does make sense because he's running in a primary of left leaning thinkers and that's his audience. Would be interesting if he could word it in a right leaning way.
It is impossible for him to do that based on the way you just defined it. That is why I made my statement. Think about it, “I have an opinion different than yours but I accept yours because I understand some of the reasons why you think that way” sounds nice. “I have an opinion different than yours but I accept yours even though by my absolute and concrete rules of right and wrong you must be wrong” sounds ridiculous.

Explaining and understanding the reasons something happens is not an excuse for it.

Rack

Federal Marshal
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
It is impossible for him to do that based on the way you just defined it. That is why I made my statement. Think about it, “I have an opinion different than yours but I accept yours because I understand some of the reasons why you think that way” sounds nice. “I have an opinion different than yours but I accept yours even though by my absolute and concrete rules of right and wrong you must be wrong” sounds ridiculous.

Explaining and understanding the reasons something happens is not an excuse for it.
I don't think it's impossible, however it might/could sound condescending if done improperly.

Based on a Christian World view I think one "should/would" say something like this. I'm NOT a good example..

The Bible says it is our duty and obligation to "Love our neighbor as ourselves." If we believe this to be true, build a bridge and make a friend with a "neighbor" who is different from you. Realize it is your job to love others NOT too judge them...Pull the beam out of your own eye before you attempt extract the splinter from someone else's. Love your neighbor as YOURSELF... Don't let petty politics divide you and your neighbor...work to find common ground despite these differences.