Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
I generally love Friedman, but why not give them spoons instead of just giving them money for doing nothing?
Because with Friedman's idea a percentage of the population will do nothing productive with the money and a percentage will. With your plan, you are guaranteeing that they all do nothing productive. Or, at least something so minimally productive that one man and a backhoe could replace all of them.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Because with Friedman's idea a percentage of the population will do nothing productive with the money and a percentage will. With your plan, you are guaranteeing that they all do nothing productive. Or, at least something so minimally productive that one man and a backhoe could replace all of them.

"Doing nothing" for the money is "productive" but digging is "nothing productive". Did you major in doublespeak as an undergrad?

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"Doing nothing" for the money is "productive" but digging is "nothing productive". Did you major in doublespeak as an undergrad?
Quit mucking up the picture thread with non-pictures for piss-poor attempts at a gotcha. I said "with the money." You changed that to "for the money" for no purpose other than to add a disingenuous insult. You even knew you were doing it by segmentally quoting some of my words then adding your own words in between. Weak sauce. Fine to disagree, but BS to change what I said to something else simply to meet the needs of your position.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Quit mucking up the picture thread with non-pictures for piss-poor attempts at a gotcha. I said "with the money." You changed that to "for the money" for no purpose other than to add a disingenuous insult. You even knew you were doing it by segmentally quoting some of my words then adding your own words in between. Weak sauce. Fine to disagree, but BS to change what I said to something else simply to meet the needs of your position.
You are so full of bullspit. People who dig spend the money the same as people who don't dig, so if spending money is productivity, then they are equally productive. But spending in and of itself produces no value of its own, work does.* You know, trading work for money adds value to the system rather than just sucking it out. I'd prefer they did something productive for the money rather than the nothing that you want.

*Venezuela tried simply printing money without work adding value to the system. You can now wipe your butt with a million Venezuelan dollars.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
I generally love Friedman, but why not give them spoons instead of just giving them money for doing nothing?
I think that Friedman was mocking them.... pointing out that their efforts were not "creating jobs", and were in fact nothing more than handing out free money.

I think he was just pointing out to them that using money stupidly does not mean that you are "creating jobs".