Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Fairfield, CT
they need to add CT and Mass to that graphic as well.

Prior to moving out of CT, the previous gov wanted to enact tolls on all major roads to increase revenue to subsidize the MTA (train system) so they didn't have to raise fares for commuters to NYC. Public outcry was fierce as this is just another tax hurting residents. It was shelved and things calmed down.

During this last election cycle, current gov during campaign said he might look into tolls for trucks (18 wheelers )only. Got elected. Now, nope - truck only is not workable; were going to do tolls for everyone.

And I get tolls the idea of using tolls for building/financing new roads. Most places, you have the option of taking a faster toll road or the older interstate road. But all the roads in CT are old, overcrowded, and falling apart - and all would be toll roads. its surprising how few highways are in the state and secondary roads have choke points (small bridges) which make them congested as well. It makes you wonder - where the hell did the gas tax, car tax, and registration fee funds - which are supposed to be for road maintenance - go?

So glad I left. I wouldn't be surprised if the state declares bankruptcy in the next ten years. Hartford required a bailout from the state to avoid bankruptcy.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Talk to Africans about our aid sometimes as they have a different perspective than you do.

Would be even more funny if the "foreign aid" wasn't spent on US companies that can sometimes serve as government-sponsored competition to local markets instead of actual help:

But for all the benefits, foreign aid to Africa has no shortage of detractors. Many critics point out that much of the money allocated to Africa never reaches the people who most need the assistance. “Eighty percent of U.S. aid to Africa is spent right here in America — on American contractors, American suppliers, and so forth,” said George Ayittey, president of the Free Africa Foundation.

In more corrupt nations, politicians and civic leaders are often charged with misappropriating funds designated for the people. Others critics claim that foreign aid to Africa simply does not work—after 50 years of assistance, Africa still confronts the same issues.

But even critics would have to agree on one crucial point: foreign aid is an integral part of U.S. foreign policy. In Africa, aid programs support a large framework of social and economic assistance for developing nations.

Critics are correct that American companies and corrupt politicians siphon a large portion of foreign aid. But aid to Africa has also done much to improve infrastructure, bolster economic development and improve health care conditions for millions of people on the continent.
https://borgenproject.org/us-foreign-aid-to-africa-what-we-give-and-why/
Perfect example of why we should NOT have the Federal Govt in charge of our healthcare.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
This right here is a perfect example of where our media is right now. Trump DOES disavow white nationalists but the media ignores it and reports every day that he needs to. Omar does NOT disavow it, the media couldn't care less. The bias is so blatant and obvious at this point that I seriously question the mental stability of anybody who still can't see it.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
This right here is a perfect example of where our media is right now. Trump DOES disavow white nationalists but the media ignores it and reports every day that he needs to. Omar does NOT disavow it, the media couldn't care less. The bias is so blatant and obvious at this point that I seriously question the mental stability of anybody who still can't see it.
I've had people tell me that he's a lot and so it makes no difference. He's just trying to hide the friendship of him and Duke, yet I don't think I've ever seen even a pic of them together.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
my boss is 72 and he said last week that he didn't realize how biased the media was until Trump got into office. (and he hates Trump)