Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Notable Democrat icon FDR's illustrious accomplishments:

• Turned away the MS St. Louis with 900 German Jewish refugees aboard, only to have them eventually return to Europe and most having been killed in the Holocaust.
  • Unlawfully imprisoned an entire ethnicity of American citizens in internment camps, destroying their businesses and livelihoods.
  • Seized gold from American households, only remunerating pennies on the dollar of the true value.
  • And another doozie:

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 9.55.46 AM.png

John C

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Oct 13, 2011
Notable Democrat icon FDR's illustrious accomplishments:

• Turned away the MS St. Louis with 900 German Jewish refugees aboard, only to have them eventually return to Europe and most having been killed in the Holocaust.
  • Unlawfully imprisoned an entire ethnicity of American citizens in internment camps, destroying their businesses and livelihoods.
  • Seized gold from American households, only remunerating pennies on the dollar of the true value.
  • And another doozie:

View attachment 68197

Woodrow Wilson was an avowed racist. I notice Princeton still has the Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs. You can't shame a Democrat.

llcoolw

Territorial Marshal
Feb 7, 2005
Sammamish, Washington.Dallas, Texas.Maui, Hawaii
Just curious, what tenets of "pure conservatism" do you see in their ideology, because I can't find it.

Looking at candidates they've backed they've lost a lot.

Creating a new infrastructure program called the "Green New Deal"
-Nope.
Discontinuing arms sales to countries that violate human rights such as Saudi Arabia and Egypt
-Agree.
Enacting a federal jobs guarantee, which would promise all Americans a job paying $15 per hour plus benefits
-Nope.
Ending the death penalty
-Nope.
Ending the practice of unilaterally waging war, except as a last resort to defend U.S. territory
-Agree.
Ending the War on Drugs in favor of legalization, regulation, and taxation of drugs, and pardoning all non-violent drug offenders and treating all drug addicts
-Agree.
Ensuring free speech on college campuses and supporting net neutrality
-Agree- mostly the first part.
Ensuring universal education as a right, including free public college and university education
-Nope.
Ensuring universal healthcare as a right
-Nope.
Establishing paid maternity leave, paid vacation leave, and free childcare
-Agree.
Expanding anti-discrimination laws to apply to homosexual and transgender people
-Nope.
Expanding background checks on firearms and banning high capacity magazines and assault weapons
-Agree on first part.
Funding Planned Parenthood and other contraceptive and abortion services, and recognizing reproductive rights
-Nope but I could agree if it was reformed.
Implementing electoral reform and publicly financed elections nationwide to make irrelevant and obsolete fundraising from large corporations and the wealthy
-I could agree depending how it's done.
Implementing instant-runoff voting nationwide in an effort to make third-party and independent candidates more viable
-Agree if done correctly.
Implementing the Buffett Rule, ending offshore financial centers, "chain[ing]" the capital gains and income taxes, and increasing the estate tax
-Nope.
Making the minimum wage a living wage and tying it to inflation
-Possible.
Pardoning Edward Snowden,
-Agree
prosecuting CIA torturers and DoD war criminals, shutting down the Guantanamo Bay detention camp and all other extrajudicial prisons,
-Nope
and ending warrantless spying and bulk data collection by the National Security Agency
-Agree
Passing the Paycheck Fairness Act
Abolishing the U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agency (ICE)
Reforming police by mandating body cameras, establishing community oversight boards, eliminating broken windows policing, ending stop and frisk, and appointing special prosecutors to hold police accountable in courts
-Lots of room to possible agreement.
Renegotiating other free trade deals CAFTA-DR, and NAFTA and opposing the Permanent Normal Trade Relations with China and the World Trade Organization
-Possibly the best conservative thought I could agree with.
Stopping any reductions to Social Security, Medicare, and Medicaid, and establishing single-payer universal healthcare
-Possible agreement.
Stopping anthropogenic climate change through an ecological revolution and upholding the United States' participation in the Paris Climate Agreement
-Nope.
Uncompromisingly rejecting President Trump's immigration proposals and policies, particularly the Executive Order 13769 and deportation of illegal immigrants, and implementing comprehensive immigration reform which will give non-criminal illegal immigrants a path to citizenship
-Nope.

Pure conservatism maybe applies to:
Ending warrantless spying on Americans. Ending endless wars. Ensuring free speech. Make the process easier for other political parties to enter politics. Lastly, pure conservatism, should be in favor of negotiating new deals with NAFTA, PNTR with China and the WTO.

The libertarian in me says we could work with arms bans to those with poor human rights. Expanded background checks on weapon purchases. I definitely could get behind financial election reforms as well.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
The libertarian in me says we could work with arms bans to those with poor human rights. Expanded background checks on weapon purchases. I definitely could get behind financial election reforms as well.
You're viewing it through a libertarian lens. Which of those things is a social conservative going to agree with?