Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Seems like the ultimate sexist insult to assume women are only qualified to be president because it's time for one to be president. There are plenty of qualified women out there that I would vote for in a heartbeat over any of the jokers we've had this century. And there are plenty of radical idiots out there that I would prefer to vote for a tomato instead. I don't see gender as an issue at all in either scenario.....I guess I'm just a little more progressive than the progressives.

Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
http://fortune.com/2018/01/17/apple-domestic-jobs-investment/

Yep, Apple's 20,000 jobs they're creating is nothing.

"Apple Inc. said it will bring hundreds of billions of overseas dollars back to the U.S., pay about $38 billion in taxes on the money and invest tens of billions on domestic jobs, manufacturing and data centers in the coming years.
The iPhone maker plans capital expenditures of $30 billion in the U.S. over five years and will create 20,000 new jobs at existing sites and a new campus it intends to open."

How many poor people do you know that own businesses? No need to answer.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
There are only a few intelligent things people can do with money and all in some way benefits others. You can give it away. Obviously helps others. You can spend it, thereby helping those that you spend it on or with creating jobs etc. You can pay off debt. Which in turn frees up funds to be lent to others. You can loan it to others in the form of fixed income instruments which again helps either the banks who loan it out or to the issuer of the bonds who build things with it. Or you can own stock in your own company or in others companies. And finally the least efficient thing you can do with it is pay taxes. Where it gets wasted on things like a one million dollar bus that is the home of a single possum.

So whoever came up with that cartoon must be a liberal because they have absolutely no clue how the economy works.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
that's a cute CNN headline... but their own article says pretty much otherwise - and they had no discussion of the long term unemployed that are returning to the work force....

A broader measure of unemployment, which includes workers who haven't looked for a job in the last four months and also those working part-time even though they'd rather work full-time, is still higher than it was in the late 2000s. That means there may still be workers on the sidelines ready to take opportunities that might present themselves.