Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Try a little harder to be factually correct if you're going to continue to demagogue and hate a man that's attempting to do what we voted for him to do.
We did not vote for him to attempt to make me, the taxpayer, pay for something that he claimed that Mexico would pay for by being an impetuous child and closing down the government like a spoiled brat. No, we certainly did not..

He hasn't said an actual fact in a hell of a long time. Even Fox News is starting to fact check his absurdity. Only fanboys like you can't see it.

Jul 20, 2018
We did not vote for him to attempt to make me, the taxpayer, pay for something that he claimed that Mexico would pay for by being an impetuous child and closing down the government like a spoiled brat. No, we certainly did not..

He hasn't said an actual fact in a hell of a long time. Even Fox News is starting to fact check his absurdity. Only fanboys like you can't see it.
Just to be clear with your way of thinking, you actually thought Mexico was going to write a check to the U.S. to build a wall? That's what Trump was saying in your mind?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Just to be clear with your way of thinking, you actually thought Mexico was going to write a check to the U.S. to build a wall? That's what Trump was saying in your mind?
No. But, I thought that he would have an accountable and tangible way to show that Mexico has paid for the wall.

Claiming that because an unratified agreement might if ratified in the future be beneficial to the US in a way that possibly pays for the wall and therefore we need to shut down the government right now and make the taxpayer pay is not even close to "Mexico paying for the wall."

Might as well have said, "and Canada, and China, and everyone is going to pay for the wall!" It is just as true, and untrue. Could just as easily say that Mexico or China is funding Medicare. There is nothing wall specific, just a hope for future funds. Only a true believer or the economically clueless would believe this absolute nonsense. You know if Obama made that identical claim you would be bitching about it.

How about this. You sell me a truck. I'm gonna start a business and I feel based on the agreements that I have tenatively made with my customers I will at sometime in the future be able to pay you for the truck. So, give me the truck now! If not, I will blockade your business!

Sheer stupidity. Only politicians playing taxpayers get away this this crap. Luckily so far, not this time.

Jul 20, 2018
What did "Mexico will pay for the wall" mean in your mind?
I figured he was just being a smartass New Yorker who wanted to build a border wall. Afterall, he is a smartass and he is from New York. He met all expectations. Especially the part about increasing border security. I'm not sure why people try and take him so literally. Look at his upbringing, his background, his hometown. It's not that hard. I want results. Trump delivers.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

I thought Trump was full of crap, and I voted for him because he was going to close the border.

"We" did vote for him to close the border no matter how it was done - apparently a few still fall for the rhetoric of politicians during a campaign.

I don't give one iota what he said about paying for it ---- build the dang wall.

It has already been authorized, by congress, by Chuck and Nancy... do your job and allocate funding the dang thing.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
"We" did vote for him to close the border no matter how it was done - apparently a few still fall for the rhetoric of politicians during a campaign.
Yep, I guess you did fall for it. Always cracks me up when someone running for president say I'm going to do this or that and people fall for it as if it is a dictator running a one branch government. Congress controls the purse strings, not the president.

Jul 20, 2018
Yep, I guess you did fall for it. Always cracks me up when someone running for president say I'm going to do this or that and people fall for it as if it is a dictator running a one branch government. Congress controls the purse strings, not the president.
I guess you don't vote for President? :confused:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I figured he was just being a smartass New Yorker who wanted to build a border wall. Afterall, he is a smartass and he is from New York. He met all expectations. Especially the part about increasing border security. I'm not sure why people try and take him so literally. Look at his upbringing, his background, his hometown. It's not that hard. I want results. Trump delivers.
Trump delivers, but you don't take him literally. What then does he deliver, other than being smartass? What expectations has he met as far as the wall is concerned? Border security hasn't increased, the wall hasn't been built, Mexico hasn't paid for it, even you and I haven't paid for it yet. You want results, what results do you want? If it's not that hard then why is it not done?

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
That pretty much sums up every president. Trump and his supporters are certainly not unique to this phenomenon.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
well, aren't you trite.... did you come up with that civics 101 all on your own? Duh.

What we fell for was congress actually taking a vow to "represent" us.

and you act as if it's settled. He will invoke an emergency if need be to protect us - as he said he would do (protect us - return of rule of law and all the rest).

why would congress 'authorize" a wall on multiple occasions and then not "allocate funding" if they are actually being sincere.

This is not on Trump. It's on the two-faced legislature.