Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
View attachment 65786
Blue lines = prices subject to free market forces. Red lines = prices subject to regulatory capture by government. Conclusion: competition benefits consumers.
Sooooo I'm assuming the "New Cars" line is for just that... cars. Sedans, coupes, wagons, some crossovers, etc...

BECAUSE... There's NO SMURFUNG WAY that new truck prices have stayed stagnant! NO SMURING WAY! :cursing:

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Sooooo I'm assuming the "New Cars" line is for just that... cars. Sedans, coupes, wagons, some crossovers, etc...

BECAUSE... There's NO SMURFUNG WAY that new truck prices have stayed stagnant! NO SMURING WAY! :cursing:
Similarly I'm going to have to assume that the TV line is for a 22" LCD... lol

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Similarly I'm going to have to assume that the TV line is for a 22" LCD... lol
Well personally I bought a nice Samsung 52" LCD back in 2006-2007ish and paid like $1500...

Your run-of-the-mill 55" Vizio LED today blows that TV away and sells for less than $500. So I can believe the TV line.

Sep 6, 2012
Edmond

I totally agree, they might be able to keep the avg low because they produce so many cheap little cars " aveo, smart car, fiesta ect…) to bring the avg down. Back in 2000 , the average price of a car was 20k and that was a midsize. (Stratus, Malibu) 1999 Chrysler re introduced the 300M , a flagship car fully loaded for 30K. I just bought a 14k mile Lincoln MKZ 3.0 AWD to my commute in for 31k.

pokes16

Territorial Marshal
Oct 16, 2003
Tulsa
Yes, we can only us the army to fight the threats on foreign territory. If the russians invade, then as soon as they set foot on American soil, it becomes a law enforcement issue!

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Yes, we can only us the army to fight the threats on foreign territory. If the russians invade, then as soon as they set foot on American soil, it becomes a law enforcement issue!
No, it doesn't. The Civil War was fought between two military units, not two police forces. When the Japanese were bombing Pearl Harbor they were engaged by the Navy, not by the Harbor Police.

The enlistment oath:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed.

How would they engage domestic enemies if it were all a police matter?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
No, it doesn't. The Civil War was fought between two military units, not two police forces. When the Japanese were bombing Pearl Harbor they were engaged by the Navy, not by the Harbor Police.

The enlistment oath:
I, (NAME), do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed.

How would they engage domestic enemies if it were all a police matter?
I think they were joking. God I HOPE they were joking at least... Lol

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk