Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
No one is forcing anyone to eat them.
As you know, this is the dumb / lol thread also as you know I don’t support much of any gvt regulation.
BUT
A kid made very well be forced to eat like this if the parents do, well I guess they could starve but that’s a helluvan decision for a child to have to make.
I think, I didn’t create it, the point is that if the same energy went into nutritional education that goes into trying to confiscate our weapons that the end result would be much more positive.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Likewise, all drugs should be legal. After all, nobody is forcing you to take them.
Apples and oranges and you know it. The benefit:harm ratio differences between french fries and, say, crystal meth are so vast they're dang near infinite.

That said, I could support decriminalization and treatment What we're doing is failing. We can't win the "war on drugs" with interdiction alone. Glenn Frey had it right in Smuggler's Blues.

I almost said this to @ksupoke and deleted it, there is almost no one in this country that doesn't know that eating that junk is bad for you, or that that kid isn't too fat and needs to lose weight. There isn't an obese person in the country that doesn't know that they need to lose weight, or a smoker that doesn't know that they need to quit smoking for that matter, even if they lie and deny it to themselves. It really isn't an educational matter any more, the educational part has been done (though we do have some counter-educational forces at play if you read much social media). The problem is a cultural one, not an educational one. That, and we really have no idea of exactly how we need to effectively treat that kid in the picture now. Calling him a fat-ass certainly doesn't help.

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
Apples and oranges and you know it. The benefit:harm ratio differences between french fries and, say, crystal meth are so vast they're dang near infinite.

That said, I could support decriminalization and treatment What we're doing is failing. We can't win the "war on drugs" with interdiction alone. Glenn Frey had it right in Smuggler's Blues.
Nah, I don’t. More like oranges and tangelos to me. Being that the vast majority of people would never smoke meth legal or not yet the vast majority willingly eat junk, the benefit:harm ratio is dependent on whether talking about the individual or populations. Either way, it is using modern science and tech to fool or overwhelm our normal pleasure desiring systems. Not exactly the same, but not apples and oranges either.