Dumb/Sometimes LOL Political Pictures

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
Not really funny or dumb......
No smurfing way is the "New vehicles" line correct! NO WAY. The very last brand new pickup I bought was in 2000. I paid $24k OTD for a loaded ext cab Silverado Z71 4x4. That same truck today has doubled in price... easily $48k.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
No smurfing way is the "New vehicles" line correct! NO WAY. The very last brand new pickup I bought was in 2000. I paid $24k OTD for a loaded ext cab Silverado Z71 4x4. That same truck today has doubled in price... easily $48k.
We bought a brand new Ford Escape base model off the lot in 2007 for $17,900. Today the 2018 Ford Escape Base model starts at $23, 940

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
I've seen this chart before but I don't think I completely understand what they're showing. How have new vehicles remained a constant while TV's have dropped in price and everything else has increased? A new 2018 vehicle sure as heck is not the same price as a new 1997 vehicle...

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I've seen this chart before but I don't think I completely understand what they're showing. How have new vehicles remained a constant while TV's have dropped in price and everything else has increased? A new 2018 vehicle sure as heck is not the same price as a new 1997 vehicle...
I believe it's adjusting/indexing for inflation... relative to all costs, vehicle prices stayed stagnant.

I don't believe this for a second.

ksupoke

We don't need no, thot kuntrol
A/V Subscriber
Feb 16, 2011
dark sarcasm in the classroom
The Controlled Substances Act was passed in 1970. Both houses of Congress where controlled by Democrats in 1970. Democrats voted for it 187-6 in the House and 27-0 in the Senate.
It's also entirely unsubstantiated. according to the guy who says it was told to him, he interviewed him for a book but left this part out. Then, suddenly ;), years after the the subject of the quote dies, this guy suddenly remembered his notes and published/provided quotes for 'some' of them. His family also remembers nothing, now do I think this - what he is purported to have said - happened, it's highly likely, the CIA has admitted as much and it destroyed generations of young, primarily, black and lower income, people to fund a war congress wouldn't, do I think the quote is real, nope, but I know this is.

images-1.jpg

Last edited:

steross

Bookface/Instagran legend
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
Yep.

The worst part of it is not just the numbers, but the cultural shift I have seen also.
In the past, the physicians were the more "respected" position (can't think of a better word) and the administrators were there in a support role. Now, it has changed. The physician is clearly a worker. A well-paid worker, but just a worker. The administrators have taken over and dictate what happens in the system.

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
I believe it's adjusting/indexing for inflation... relative to all costs, vehicle prices stayed stagnant.

I don't believe this for a second.
I wonder if the issue is that you are comparing trucks. Trucks in the past were relatively spartan and prices less expensive than cars, even "loaded." Now, trucks are at least as well equipped as cars and are popular so the prices reflect that.
If you were comparing a Camry instead of a truck would the numbers be different?
Just a guess, I can't even recognize American cars when I see them now so I am the least expert on this subject on the board.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Maybe they mean in value not actual cost?

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yep.

The worst part of it is not just the numbers, but the cultural shift I have seen also.
In the past, the physicians were the more "respected" position (can't think of a better word) and the administrators were there in a support role. Now, it has changed. The physician is clearly a worker. A well-paid worker, but just a worker. The administrators have taken over and dictate what happens in the system.
Sounds like public education

Sent from my Moto G Play using Tapatalk

kaboy42

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2007
I wonder if the issue is that you are comparing trucks. Trucks in the past were relatively spartan and prices less expensive than cars, even "loaded." Now, trucks are at least as well equipped as cars and are popular so the prices reflect that.
If you were comparing a Camry instead of a truck would the numbers be different?
Just a guess, I can't even recognize American cars when I see them now so I am the least expert on this subject on the board.
I thought about that. You're probably right on the Camry... pretty much the same MSRP in 2000 as in 2018.

I've never shopped for a run-of-the-mill 4 door sedan so I wouldn't have any clue if they've increased or stayed the same.

Curious... How expensive are these vvvvvvvvvvvv over there in the Aussieland?

steross

A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
Australia
I thought about that. You're probably right on the Camry... pretty much the same MSRP in 2000 as in 2018.

I've never shopped for a run-of-the-mill 4 door sedan so I wouldn't have any clue if they've increased or stayed the same.

Yeah, brand new you are around the 6 figure mark for one of those a bit more for GTS.

Still comes with a manual trans, which is cool.

There was an amazing orange and black one, just a couple of years old and loaded for sale a while back. I wanted it. My brain (wife) overruled. We were already thinking of a return to the US. Plunking down a bunch of money on a car like that probably not smart.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK

Dude... I saw one of these on S. Shields after work the other day. I about broke my neck...