Duck Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
I saw several v's of geese this morning. I think they ar
I have so many of those tree rats around my place, I've got to start thinning them out. Not interested in eating them. I have a ton of pecan and black walnut trees, or what is left of them after the ice storm.
Where are you? Grew up shooting those critters. A warm winter evening, and my grandmother frying them. Was just meat, like chicken or rabbit or beef.

#1 Pokes Fan

Territorial Marshal
Mar 27, 2012
Wishing I was in Stillwater
I saw several v's of geese this morning. I think they are scouting my wheat.
Tell you something I thought was funny:

Last year, my 23 year old son and I saw a V of geese fly over. I looked up and said, "See that V of geese?"

He replied, "Yes."

I said "The right side of the V is a lot longer than the left side. You know why that is?"

Puzzled, he replied "no."

Straightfaced as ever, I told him "because there's a lot more geese on the right side."

He just shook his head and walked away while I was busy LMAO.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
I saw several v's of geese this morning. I think they are scouting my wheat.
Tell you something I thought was funny:

Last year, my 23 year old son and I saw a V of geese fly over. I looked up and said, "See that V of geese?"

He replied, "Yes."

I said "The right side of the V is a lot longer than the left side. You know why that is?"

Puzzled, he replied "no."

Straightfaced as ever, I told him "because there's a lot more geese on the right side."

He just shook his head and walked away while I was busy LMAO.
The last goose on the short side had terrible gas?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk