Duck Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
It's been quite warm this fall. Has anyone seen any ducks moving in yet? Going on my first hunt of the season in a couple of weeks. Hitting a few honey holes around Tishomingo.

Nov 10, 2010
Oklahoma City
I've seen a lot of coots and a few flocks of early geese on some of the early cold fronts. Saw a small flock of mallards on a farm pond last week also but nothing of notable numbers. Hope your honey holes prove fruitful. Need a hunting buddy let me know.

Nov 18, 2010
Virginia, MN
www.facebook.com
Found probably 50 - 100 woodies, gadwall, and teal this morning down in McCurtain county, unfortunately, all the flooding this past year moved some alligators around. And where the ducks want to be there are alligators still pretty frisky with this warm weather. I will be bow hunting tomorrow...

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Hunted by Bromide this weekend. Saturday was a blowout! Had our limit in 20 minutes! Would have had it in 10 minutes if we were better shots. All Wigeons and Gadwalls. Sunday morning no wind at all. Got a few Ring-necked ducks. Had 5 or 6 groups come around but they just wouldn't commit.
DSCN2100a.jpg

Feb 6, 2007
Ardmore, Ok.
Hunted by Bromide this weekend. Saturday was a blowout! Had our limit in 20 minutes! Would have had it in 10 minutes if we were better shots. All Wigeons and Gadwalls. Sunday morning no wind at all. Got a few Ring-necked ducks. Had 5 or 6 groups come around but they just wouldn't commit.
View attachment 51179
Just not right to see ducks and green grass in the same picture! :(

Donnyboy

Lettin' the high times carry the low....
A/V Subscriber
Oct 31, 2005
View attachment 51179
You are the only person I have heard of having a decent hunt from Kansas to far south in Texas it might as well be Mexico. Well done. Know a game warden that checks local lakes near you and saw three dead birds come off the refuge. It is 45 for the low in Fargo tonight it ain't getting good till that changes

Slugger926

Federal Marshal
Oct 19, 2004
Ready for opening of 2nd season. Only went out for youth weekend, and thankfully had a Thermocell. It was amazingly effective in a pop up bale blind!!!! Before getting it going, we were eaten up by mosquitoes.

Will be reloading some ITX 4 and Heavy Shot 2 tonight for the weekend of ducks and geese. (picked both up on sale this summer)

How did everyone do opening of the second season? Did all right on public land, hunted Red Slough WMA in McCurtain county. At 2am, there were over 100 Texans and Louisianans already parked taking most of the spots. But the scouting paid off. 3 of us shot 16, mostly big greenheads. Anyone looking to hunt in McCurtain county, let me know and you can come with me!

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Jul 15, 2010
Dallas and Istanbul
Opening day, 2017. Went to a pond at Bromide again. Very, very foggy all morning. Couldn't see across the pond. No wind. Did have a little luck. Got two geese, five gadwalls, one teal and one ringneck.
Duck 5.jpg