"Drill Baby Drill" is a farce

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 7, 2009
Oklahoma City
According to our leader. OK, so what is Obama's solution:

Electric cars, windmills, more big government eco-stimuli and other clean energy initiatives; what I gleaned from his latest address. All well and good, I'm all for the above but if I were Obie I wouldn't count on these solving the problem during my lifetime or his either, e.g. his latest goal is 1/3 less energy imports from the Middle East and other outside sources in the next 10 years. I thought it amusing that such a goal is conveniently well after his watch, typical political posturing in my view.

I thought of a few questions during his speech today:

1. What about relatively clean natural gas, nuclear and clean coal energy? Wouldn't these in combo be a wonderful bridge energy source until we can develop Obie's clean energy dreams (which are a few decades from being on line at least at competitive costs?
  2. And IF WE REALLY WANTED TO, couldn't we cut off the radicals in the ME as well as those who hate us in South America within say 10 years?
  3. Wouldn't development of these create jobs by the bushel within our own borders?
  4. Wouldn't energy self sufficiency keep our dollars at home, where they belong?
  5. Wouldn't our ability to use our own energy right below our feet, have the overall effect of lowering energy prices worldwide? At least my economics prof sure thought so - less demand = lower prices.
  6. And wouldn't these initiatives help our security, e.g. theoretically would we not, no longer be helping finance those who hate us and seek to destroy us?
Well, since Obama and his crowd are Ivy League grads, mostly radical left profs, and I therefore must be a misinformed Okie in their view at least, I guess I'm just incapable of grasping his super-impressive level of intellect, at least according to the elite media.

Poor me.

May 8, 2009
Germantown, TN
According to our leader. OK, so what is Obama's solution:

Electric cars, windmills, more big government eco-stimuli and other clean energy initiatives; what I gleaned from his latest address. All well and good, I'm all for the above but if I were Obie I wouldn't count on these solving the problem my lifetime or his either, e.g. his latest goal is for 1/3 less energy imports from the Middle East and other sources. I thought it amusing that such a goal is conveniently well after his watch, typical political posturing in my view.

I thought of a few questions during his speech today:

1. What about relatively clean natural gas, nuclear and clean coal energy? Wouldn't these in combo be a wonderful bridge energy source until we can develop Obie's clean energy dreams (which are a few decades from being on line at least at competitive costs?
  2. And IF WE REALLY WANTED TO, couldn't we cut off the radicals in the ME as well as those who hate us in South America within say 10 years?
  3. Wouldn't development of these create jobs by the bushel within our own borders?
  4. Wouldn't energy self sufficiency keep our dollars at home, where they belong?
  5. Wouldn't our ability to use our own energy right below our feet, have the overall effect of lowering energy prices worldwide? At least my economics prof sure thought so - less demand = lower prices.
  6. And wouldn't these initiatives help our security, e.g. theoretically would we not no longer be helping finance those who hate us and seek to destroy us?
Well, since Obama and his crowd are Ivy League grads, mostly radical left profs, and I am must be a misinformed Okie in their view at least, I guess I'm just incapable of grasping his super-impressive level of intellect, at least according to the elite media.

Poor me.
Yes. You're not capable of grasping his super-impressive level of intellect. That's what he's been trying to tell you all along. Now that you understand, get back in the back seat and let Daddy-O drive. :D

Sometimes I wonder if he gives these speeches to hear himself talk to a large crowd and then thinks to himself how lucky we are to have him?

Great idea.........reduce the supply of energy to the greatest (at the moment) economy ever. Yeah, I mean look at China. They're going green! Errr, what....NO THERE NOT. They're making deals with Venezuela and Brazil to drill in the Gulf and we're giving Brazil the money to do it.

So we are going to reduce our energy supplies and subsidize other countries across the Gulf to expand there energy. Does this even make any level of sense?! Only if you're trying to destroy Capitalism.

What......are we going to go electric?! Does big Zero know that most of our electric energy comes from the burning of coal?! Sounds great! I hear those electric cars get 40 miles to the charge. Just make sure you charge it at least eight hours. Oh, and don't use the radio, the wipers, the heater, the a/c or any other electric item on the car.......or you won't get your 40 miles per charge.

What a great General Secretary, I mean President we have.:rolleyes:

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Wishing I was in Stillwater
Sometimes I wonder if he gives these speeches to hear himself talk to a large crowd and then thinks to himself how lucky we are to have him?
He's a law professor. Professors are NEVER so impressed with their own intellect that their students should feel lucky just to be in their presence, and talk just to hear themselves speak... NEVER... EVER...

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007
I'm telling everyone, give me a call if you need a horse or a mule!

If you give enough for the horse I will throw in a buggy whip for free.

Aug 7, 2009
Oklahoma City
He's a law professor. Professors are NEVER so impressed with their own intellect that their students should feel lucky just to be in their presence, and talk just to hear themselves speak... NEVER... EVER...
A well informed person told me once that college professor-intellectuals rank at the apex of the vain and self absorbed in this world, rivaled only by politicians I would say. Combine the two and whatta get, look no further than the oval office.

I suspect this idiotic speech today (probably devised by another college intellectual freak - Samantha Power) was intended to deflect attention from this quagmire he is getting us into in Libya; his lie of the day recently. I just posted something Reuters has out on this, just this afternoon, posted on poke fan's GOP lies thread.

I hope that the American people will learn something from this Obama adventure, provided we survive to apply what we learn.

MSteph57

Territorial Marshal
Aug 14, 2008
Near enemy territory.
A well informed person told me once that college professor-intellectuals rank at the apex of the vain and self absorbed in this world, rivaled only by politicians I would say. Combine the two and whatta get, look no further than the oval office.

I suspect this idiotic speech today (probably devised by another college intellectual freak - Samantha Power) was intended to deflect attention from this quagmire he is getting us into in Libya; his lie of the day recently. I just posted something Reuters has out on this, just this afternoon, posted on poke fan's GOP lies thread.

I hope that the American people will learn something from this Obama adventure, provided we survive to apply what we learn.
Very true. The teachers I had when I was in Stillwater won't give you the time of day while the teachers, that are/were police officers, here at OSU-OKC would probably give you a kidney if they thought you were a good guy.