Dream BB Line Up Next year

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 29, 2006
I would love to see this team roll out next year:

PG - 6'4 Ice / Avery Anderson. ICE has to develop a perimeter game to really be dominant.
SG - 6'6 Lindy / (Better of: Dizzy, Jones, Watson). I think Lindy is too slight for the SF position. Would be a SG in the pro's
SF - 6'6 Crime dog / (Better of: Keylan Boone, Watson). I know Cam is listed at 6'7 but he is nowhere near that and I think playing PF limits his effectiveness. He would be a beast as SF.
PF - 6'8+ Transfer / Kalib Boone. I think Kalib is too slight to bang in D1, we really need experience and size until Kalib develops physically.
C - 6'10 Yor / (Better of: 6'9+ Transfer / Demuth). Most people are downplaying Demuth but he is more athletic than Solomon was and people thought he should transfer to a DIII school after his freshman year. I think with more strength and confidence he can develop into a decent guy off the bench behind Yor.

That is a lot of length and experience backed up with youth and talent.

Jul 16, 2005
Edmond
Ice needs to learn to finish at the rim better. He can get there, but struggled at times converting that close. I do agree that if he can develop his perimeter game that it would open the offense and make it all that more dangerous/effective.

CaliforniaCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 15, 2003
So Cal

PG - 6'4 Ice / Avery Anderson. ICE has to develop a perimeter game to really be dominant.
SG - 6'6 Lindy / (Better of: Dizzy, Jones, Watson). I think Lindy is too slight for the SF position. Would be a SG in the pro's
SF - 6'6 Crime dog / (Better of: Keylan Boone, Watson). I know Cam is listed at 6'7 but he is nowhere near that and I think playing PF limits his effectiveness. He would be a beast as SF.
PF - 6'8+ Transfer / Kalib Boone. I think Kalib is too slight to bang in D1, we really need experience and size until Kalib develops physically.
C - 6'10 Yor / (Better of: 6'9+ Transfer / Demuth). Most people are downplaying Demuth but he is more athletic than Solomon was and people thought he should transfer to a DIII school after his freshman year. I think with more strength and confidence he can develop into a decent guy off the bench behind Yor.

seem to me like Lindy is clearly a SF, since he's the only one that can consistently put the ball on the floor and do something with it, even make his own shot, without turning it over.

seems like McGriff is the ONLY PF that we have, nobody else has the girth and power to play inside... definitely would not want to see him at SF and having to create.

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Ice needs to learn to finish at the rim better. He can get there, but struggled at times converting that close. I do agree that if he can develop his perimeter game that it would open the offense and make it all that more dangerous/effective.
I did not follow his recruitment, but he seems to have very little offensive game. In fact what was more rare than seeing him shoot was noticing Ice pull up and shoot even a 12-15 footer. He definitely has to develop some offense or they will just sink off of him like they did this year. Next season does seem promising.

VENTRINO

You've got 5 seconds.. and 3 are up.
Sep 10, 2008
The Dojo
I see it more like

Ice
Watson
Waters
McGriff
Anei

And hallelujah we’ll actually have depth next year. With AA, Boone twins and Tommy D.. and of course, Little Country, we’ll be a tough out for sure

Dec 19, 2012
I think next year will provide the depth needed to see where Boynton is as a coach. I wouldn't be surprised to see lots of unique lineups, like small ball, two points, legnth, speed, 3 shooters, etc. The guys we are bringing in have a ton of versatility, and we may snag another good guy or two before recruiting is over (transfer or due to release from coach being fired).

I would not rule out McGriff getting minutes inside and being effective, Mashall Moses was between 6'4"-6'6" and did well inside due to his strength. Conversely, skinny guys like the Boone twins have done well inside with quickness, positioning, and leverage in the Big XII. The thin guys usually make up a lot with good leaping/shot blocking. Lots of ways to get it done. They no doubt will improve from college weight lifting program too.

Feb 27, 2018
Tulsa
www.tulsaworld.com
Didn't want to start a new thread for this, but thought you would all be interested in this offseason event...

Fathers will be pitted against sons, but it’s for a charitable cause.

The Center for Individuals with Physical Challenges, 815 S. Utica Ave., will stage a “horse” competition on the basketball court Saturday, May 18.

The open-to-the-public annual event, intended to raise funds and awareness about the center, features one-on-one “horse” clashes featuring sports figures, politicians, business leaders, media figures and others.

Among the scheduled showdowns: Oklahoma State basketball legend Bryant “Big Country” Reeves versus his son, current OSU player Trey Reeves. Another father-son matchup will pit Southern Hills Country Club general manager Nick Sidorakis against son Nick Sidorakis, a former OSU guard. OSU assistant coach Scott Sutton will compete against nephew Spencer Sutton.

The event (the Eddie Sutton Challenge: Shoot for The Center) will take place in a new Hardesty Family Adaptive Sports Complex located on the northeast corner of 11th Street and Utica Avenue. Parking and entry to the bu

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX

People had the same concern for Yor last year that you have with Kalib this year... summer with the strength staff and on a diet will help him out.