Dreaded sense of inevitability

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 16, 2012
If you execute 3 plays why do you need more for almost 5 years our offense wasn't much more than 3 plays, run in the middle, throw a wr screen, deep throw. It doesn't have to be super complicated to be effective.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
I always found it interesting how coaches carry big, multi-fold laminated play charts, 2-3 people on the sideline signaling plays and there was even the vogue thing about 5-10 years ago with what were essentially interchangeable billboards on the sidelines.

Holgerson and Leach would run offenses off of a single 3x5 index card.

And of course, there is Herman Boone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzZA8j9ZD1g

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I had a dream as well as a nightmare.

The dream was the game is close, but we're down and suddenly Sanders is hurt and cannot continue. He's played pretty well up to that point with only one turnover, but that led to an ou score and the lead. Now, he's out and in comes Illingworth, the freshman, into the biggest, most important game of his life. And he leads us down the field for the winning FG.

Then, my nightmare was Sanders is hounded by the ou defense all day and makes mistake after mistake. The game plan is to run Chuba up the middle in spite of the fact that it hasn't worked all day and Hubbard has less than 80 yards.

Our defense can only hold ou down for so long as the lead turns into another disasterous runaway.
Our once big lead in the Big 12 has evaporated and we've lost any tie breaker to Texas and ou.
Once again, the fate of oSu football is in the hands of someone unlikely upsetting both of our rivals.
And we know the ending to that story.

Aug 2, 2011
Yep...I was right as usual

I hate being right

I hate OU and their trash talking dirty players
But they came out with pulse and we didnt...we looked soft and they were flying around

Guys this game was over in the first 6 minutes

We scored 13 points and they had 21 quick

I don't see how anyone can defend this

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Yep...I was right as usual

I hate being right

I hate OU and their trash talking dirty players
But they came out with pulse and we didnt...we looked soft and they were flying around

Guys this game was over in the first 6 minutes

We scored 13 points and they had 21 quick

I don't see how anyone can defend this
This is 100% true, the OU defense came out with an attitude, they wanted to destroy our players.
Our team came out like oh la de da we will just go through the motions, and play with them close from the beginning.

The absolute MOST frustrating thing of all of this is that Gundy could fix this if he wanted to, BUT HE NEVER DOES!!!! We’ve all seen the difference when our team comes out to play, 2011 bedlam, 2013 Baylor, 2018 Texas.

Our ONLY chance to make the CCG with Gundy is if we somehow manage to win every game except bedlam and then hope OU doesn’t make the it in, but we know that will never happen because even if OU has a down year we will undoubtedly drop an inexplicable loss to a team that has no business beating us, like we do every single year.