Dreaded sense of inevitability

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 2, 2011
Guys - I'm not trying to be a Debbie Downer so don't freak out on me....

I just can't get excited about Bedlam
Gundy's presser the other day really got me down as it sounded like it was just another game and OU is trending up

I think it will be a repeat of last year....not a total beatdown but a game where we never really are a threat

I hope I am wrong but thats the way I feel

Someone give me some hope

Nov 6, 2010
I know man, being an OSU fan for years makes this feeling tough to shake. I'm trying to take heart in the fact that our defense is truly legit this year. I remember a fantastic defensive battle in 2001 that we came out on top of, let's hope for a repeat of that one!

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I know man, being an OSU fan for years makes this feeling tough to shake. I'm trying to take heart in the fact that our defense is truly legit this year. I remember a fantastic defensive battle in 2001 that we came out on top of, let's hope for a repeat of that one!
And almost won another one in 2000. We played them closer than FSU did in the National Title game.....

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?

Gundy's presser the other day really got me down as it sounded like it was just another game and OU is trending up

I think it will be a repeat of last year....not a total beatdown but a game where we never really are a threat

I've watched loose presser Gundy lead his team into getting their asses kicked. I've watched concerned presser Gundy lead his teams to big wins. I'm almost certain there is always some gamesmanship but there is no sure tell into his true confidence level. For better or worse he isn't giving any insight to the health of the players.

Jostate

Bluecolla's sock
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005

I'm trying to understand the motivation to post something like this on a message board. Did you lose a bet or something?

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
I wasn't impressed by Gundy's press conference. Of course, that's Gundy. But, my initial feeling is he's going to play it very conservatively as he channels Pat Jones.

An ou friend of mine was totally confident they were going to win without a doubt.

So, the best thing I can do is to bet some money on ou to win and beat the spread (which I'm sure we will be underdogs...or should be). I don't gamble anymore on games and there's a really good reason I don't. In fact, at one time I was thinking about opening a betting service that when I made my picks, my subscribers should bet the other way.
Therefore, I am going to bet money on the gooners in hopes that my small financial sacrifice insures us of a much needed win.

And if I'm wrong, at least I can console myself with my ill-gotten gains.

In a related note: Quarterback play from Sanders or Illingworth is the key to our winning outright.

GO POKES!!

Feb 10, 2007
Mckinney, TX
I think we win the TO battle and have one big play on special teams go in our favor. Pokes win by 11.
Man, I am glad you are optimistic. I would love to win, but let's be realistic. We never win because our coach doesn't have a fire in his gut. If he does, he never shows it. And just like other people have said on this forum, we will never be a contender with Gundy. He doesn't have it in himself to be a contender. He can't make the tough decisions that are required in order to win.

Feb 5, 2007
Tulsa, OK
I don’t know why most of you are fans with as down and critical as most of this board is. It’s a game, it’s entertainment. I get excited for every game. Love when we win, but I don’t get too down when we don’t.

Aug 7, 2006
Was literally just talking about that game. I thought we were going to get Marcellus Rivers on a fade on that last drive. So sweet to get them the next year with another OKC kid on a very similar play.
Perhaps the outcome would've been different if they had thrown the fade to the "other" OKC kid instead?