Don't know if this should be in Recruiting or not...probably should...

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Here's a link to 247's list of all of the guys we offered for 2019. There are eight players still not signed.

https://247sports.com/college/oklahoma-state/Season/2019-Basketball/Offers/

I see at least two or three that we could *definitely* win out on. I noticed one guy only being looked at by four schools (Bryce Okpoh). He looks like he could be a good get.

I'm sure Coach B is already on this, or his assistants are. But we need to strike while the iron's hot, and not lose out on any good remaining recruits.

Last edited:
Sep 23, 2018
Memphis
Let's just say Coach B could pull off a huge upset and get Isaiah Stewart. He and Anei, down low, would be dangerous for the rest of the Big 12.

There are many other possibilities there. There's a PG still available that could be a great backup for Isaac L.

Sorry guys, I'm just trying to fend off the bad feelings this leaves for some of us. It's tough because it conveys the image that we're still rebuilding. But as someone else mentioned, it's good that it's happening now, and Coach B can clean it all up now, and continue to establish his mindset for the program.

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
More good news. Three of our signees have been nominated for McDolnald’s All American status.
https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_eca239b5-b7f6-537f-b49e-945366ee455f.html
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a nomination isn't that significant in and of itself. I can say that because I myself was nominated when I was in high school. I was good, but not division I good. Too laterally slow to play good defense against that caliber of competition.

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
More good news. Three of our signees have been nominated for McDolnald’s All American status.
https://www.tulsaworld.com/sportsex...cle_eca239b5-b7f6-537f-b49e-945366ee455f.html
Not to rain on your parade or anything, but a nomination isn't that significant in and of itself. I can say that because I myself was nominated when I was in high school. I was good, but not division I good. Too laterally slow to play good defense against that caliber of competition.
You have any eligibility left? Tryouts are probably still in session!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
What was your star ranking?
I was employee of the month at McDonald’s six months running.

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
What was your star ranking?
I was employee of the month at McDonald’s six months running.
Ha... I don't know what my star ranking was. This was back in 2001. I went to a smaller private school in Tulsa and mostly scored at the rim and at the free throw line, although I was a decent shooter. I am 6'4" and would have been a guard in college. I was only recruited by smaller schools around the tri-state area. I definitely wasn't trying to say that I was as good as these recruits. I was just saying that a nomination is a long way away from being actually selected. Who knows? They might make it.

jobob85

Alcoholistic Sage
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
Ha... I don't know what my star ranking was. This was back in 2001. I went to a smaller private school in Tulsa and mostly scored at the rim and at the free throw line, although I was a decent shooter. I am 6'4" and would have been a guard in college. I was only recruited by smaller schools around the tri-state area. I definitely wasn't trying to say that I was as good as these recruits. I was just saying that a nomination is a long way away from being actually selected. Who knows? They might make it.
Don’t mind me, I’m drunk.

wreck

Intrigued By Shiny Objects
A/V Subscriber
Jun 3, 2006
Dallas
Let's put it in a little perspective ...does anyone know how many people are "nominated'? I'm guessing that in the big picture, it's still a big deal. Of course, actually getting named is really outstanding.