Does anyone know the name of the club

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 11, 2008
in 1980 there was a club on the strip. They had bands there every week and a dance floor. I thought it was the Late Show

Well

This just shows my eyes are going too
A/V Subscriber
Dec 17, 2009
Turning Point? or Changing Point? Something like that?

naffigator

I am SuperKing!
A/V Subscriber
Apr 2, 2008
In a burnin' ring of fire.
Chicago, was where The Barn is now, they had a dance floor and live bands but it wasn't there in 1980. The Turning Point I think came about later than 1980 also and they had a dance floor but don't remember them ever having live music. I think McGuffy's, where Fuzzy's is now had live music. The Late Show was a restaurant out east of town where the strip club is now.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Anyone remember "The Mason Jar" on the Strip ?????

I remember going in there all the time. It was "my" place.

I don't really remember leaving that much.

If you saw someone leaving there at 3-4 in the afternoon, they were probably drunk. A quart of beer was a buck and a quarter. That $5 for a gallon of beer, pulled out of a brass football tap.

Played sink it drink it with pitchers and pints. Quarters was for pussies.

I loved that place.

A beers not a beer, 'til you do it in a jar.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
I think Whiskers was where Joe's offices are now.

There was a place down on the south end on the east side that was about 5-6 different places in that time frame. I think one was Pistol Patties. Then it was the Recovery Room. Then it was something else. Then something else.

I pulled beer/bartended at the Playhouse, which then became Bogie's, until the drinking age changed. Then we were closed for good in about 3 days

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

There was a place down on the south end on the east side that was about 5-6 different places in that time frame. I think one was Pistol Patties. Then it was the Recovery Room. Then it was something else. Then something else.

I pulled beer/bartended at the Playhouse, which then became Bogie's, until the drinking age changed. Then we were closed for good in about 3 days
They should have tried to make it succeed as a restaurant, like Eskimo's Joe's did. But things turned out just as well from Hideaway tearing it down and building new there.

Aug 16, 2012
For quite a while, Joe's offices were in the old Swim House across the street to the west from Joe's. Think there is still a sign up front to that effect. I worked directly for Stan from about 1988-1990 doing construction work on the bars/restaurants and part of that work was renovating the Swim House into the offices. But that was decades ago so I have no idea where his offices are now.

Brad M

Wrangler
Jan 16, 2017
Wisconsin
Once upon a time Murphy's had a dance floor and sometimes live music. Ahh the good old days....at least for me.
Prior to Murphy’s, it was the Question Mark and they occasionally had live music. I remember (mostly) a pretty epic happy hour that stretched until closing time while playing pool and listening to Dub & Bob and The Least Desirable Band. A night like that would kill me now.

jakeman

Unhinged Idiot
A/V Subscriber
Apr 4, 2005
Limbo
Prior to Murphy’s, it was the Question Mark and they occasionally had live music. I remember (mostly) a pretty epic happy hour that stretched until closing time while playing pool and listening to Dub & Bob and The Least Desirable Band. A night like that would kill me now.

We used to follow Dub around from gig to gig.

We loved them.