Docs show John Brennan suppressed intel showing Russia actually wanted Hillary to win

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SLVRBK

Johnny 8ball's PR Manager
Staff
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2003
Katy, TX
Posting the "meat" from this Fox News article: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-durham-probe

Attorney General Bill Barr said Monday he does not expect U.S. Attorney John Durham’s review into the origins of the Russia probe will lead to a “criminal investigation” of either former President Barack Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden -- while noting that their concern of “potential criminality” in the conduct of that probe is “focused on others.”

Barr did say, however, that “not every abuse of power, no matter how outrageous, is necessarily a federal crime.”

“As for President Obama and Vice President Biden, whatever their level of involvement based on what I know, I don’t expect Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr said. “Our concern of potential criminality is focused on others.”

He said “this will not be and cannot be a tit-for-tat exercise,” noting that “the only way to break away from a dual system of justice” is to “ensure we scrupulously apply” the same system to both sides of the aisle.

Barr maintained that “in the past few decades, there have been increasing attempts to use the criminal justice system as a political weapon,” using “the flimsiest of legal theories.” Barr said that is “not a good development. It is not good for our political life. It is not good for our criminal justice system.”

Barr said that, so long as he is attorney general “the criminal justice system will not be used for partisan, political ends.”

Barr said the nation is divided and it's “critical that we have an election where the American people are allowed to make a decision—a choice—between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden based on a robust debate of policy issues.”

He added: “We cannot allow this process to be hijacked by efforts to drum up criminal investigations of either candidate.” Barr said that “any effort to pursue an investigation of either candidate has to be approved by me.”

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Posting the "meat" from this Fox News article: https://www.foxnews.com/politics/barr-durham-probe

Attorney General Bill Barr said Monday he does not expect U.S. Attorney John Durham’s review into the origins of the Russia probe will lead to a “criminal investigation” of either former President Barack Obama or former Vice President Joe Biden -- while noting that their concern of “potential criminality” in the conduct of that probe is “focused on others.”

Barr did say, however, that “not every abuse of power, no matter how outrageous, is necessarily a federal crime.”

“As for President Obama and Vice President Biden, whatever their level of involvement based on what I know, I don’t expect Durham’s work will lead to a criminal investigation of either man,” Barr said. “Our concern of potential criminality is focused on others.”

He said “this will not be and cannot be a tit-for-tat exercise,” noting that “the only way to break away from a dual system of justice” is to “ensure we scrupulously apply” the same system to both sides of the aisle.

Barr maintained that “in the past few decades, there have been increasing attempts to use the criminal justice system as a political weapon,” using “the flimsiest of legal theories.” Barr said that is “not a good development. It is not good for our political life. It is not good for our criminal justice system.”

Barr said that, so long as he is attorney general “the criminal justice system will not be used for partisan, political ends.”

Barr said the nation is divided and it's “critical that we have an election where the American people are allowed to make a decision—a choice—between President Trump and former Vice President Joe Biden based on a robust debate of policy issues.”

He added: “We cannot allow this process to be hijacked by efforts to drum up criminal investigations of either candidate.” Barr said that “any effort to pursue an investigation of either candidate has to be approved by me.”
So in other words he is just another weak-willed Sessions type.

StillwaterTownie

Federal Marshal
Jun 18, 2010
Where else but Stillwater

So I won't be shocked if Trump fires Barr.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
You are being disingenuous again. Barr insinuates that he is going to let slide prosecutable offenses involving the weaponization of government agencies and bureaus naively hoping he can break the cycle that the Democrats started under Obama. He is literally letting Democrats and deep state Obama acolytes get away with high crimes in the name of this fairy dust he's hoping to sprinkle on future investigations of top elected officials. I guaran-got-damn-tee you that the Republicans who sold stock based on the information gleaned in secret briefings on the pandemics are going to swing, and Feinstein is going to get off scott-free.

Nov 6, 2010
You are being disingenuous again. Barr insinuates that he is going to let slide prosecutable offenses involving the weaponization of government agencies and bureaus naively hoping he can break the cycle that the Democrats started under Obama. He is literally letting Democrats and deep state Obama acolytes get away with high crimes in the name of this fairy dust he's hoping to sprinkle on future investigations of top elected officials. I guaran-got-damn-tee you that the Republicans who sold stock based on the information gleaned in secret briefings on the pandemics are going to swing, and Feinstein is going to get off scott-free.

Let's talk betting terms on this one. Let's keep it simple and use Feinstein and Burr. I'll give you 2-1 that neither see any criminal charges, you pick the bet. So, if either get prosecuted and convicted, you win the bet, and if neither get prosecuted and convicted, I win. If you want a Hideaway Pizza, I'll buy you two if you win, and you just have to buy me one if I win. You in?

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Let's talk betting terms on this one. Let's keep it simple and use Feinstein and Burr. I'll give you 2-1 that neither see any criminal charges, you pick the bet. So, if either get prosecuted and convicted, you win the bet, and if neither get prosecuted and convicted, I win. If you want a Hideaway Pizza, I'll buy you two if you win, and you just have to buy me one if I win. You in?
Deal. Looks like Hideaway has an easy peasy gift card solution, so yeah, I'm in.

Last edited:
Nov 6, 2010
Deal. Looks like Hideaway has an easy peasy gift card solution, so yeah, I'm in.
Cool, but I think you got over on me a bit. I'd like to amend the terms slightly. Since you are taking the field so to speak, I'd like the terms reduced to 1 to 1 if BOTH are convicted. I'll still pay up, but seems in the original spirit of the deal, you could at least give me a break on the odds of that bizarre outcome occurs.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
Cool, but I think you got over on me a bit. I'd like to amend the terms slightly. Since you are taking the field so to speak, I'd like the terms reduced to 1 to 1 if BOTH are convicted. I'll still pay up, but seems in the original spirit of the deal, you could at least give me a break on the odds of that bizarre outcome occurs.
That seems fair., although removal from office/resignation or just federal charges?

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
@teachum , I disagree with you on almost everything, but I'd be willing to share on of those pizzas with you. You probably also enjoy taking candy from babies. If they start prosecuting members of Congress for financially benefiting from inside info there'll be no one left to pass any laws.

Which would benefit all of us.

Sep 29, 2011
Breckenridge, CO

Unless and until there’s meaningful evidence to the contrary, I assume Barr is playing it straight down the fairway. Good for him. Also, his job is safe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk