DMN -- No one is picking OSU to win versus Texas

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NotOnTV

BRB -- Taking an okie leak
Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
You would think that the DFW sports radio personalities could replace some of their inane banter about poop and farts with a little OSU talk.

Aug 16, 2012
You would think that the DFW sports radio personalities could replace some of their inane banter about poop and farts with a little OSU talk.
Had the TV on in the background this past weekend when one of the local sports reporters had a teaser about OSU sports. Forget who it was but he just got a mohawk to fulfill a lost bet. His kid just went to OSU, joined a fraternity and he was up there for father/son day. Did not talk one second about OSU sports.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
103.3 guys just said that Texas cannot lose this game and still be considered "back", even with wins against the likes of OU and Georgia recently. Said they thought that OSU is really good and fun to watch but Texas "should" still beat them in Austin this year. They also mentioned UT's four straight losses to us, but it is much, much worse than that over the previous 8 years which they failed to mention.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Had the TV on in the background this past weekend when one of the local sports reporters had a teaser about OSU sports. Forget who it was but he just got a mohawk to fulfill a lost bet. His kid just went to OSU, joined a fraternity and he was up there for father/son day. Did not talk one second about OSU sports.
George Dunham.

Yeah he tries to bring up OSU but his co-host is a sooner fan, of course, and drowns it out.

But I gurantee they would love to have Gundy on their show once a week.

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
103.3 guys just said that Texas cannot lose this game and still be considered "back", even with wins against the likes of OU and Georgia recently. Said they thought that OSU is really good and fun to watch but Texas "should" still beat them in Austin this year. They also mentioned UT's four straight losses to us, but it is much, much worse than that over the previous 8 years which they failed to mention.
They still talk about us like we are little sisters of the poor and we are top 10 in wins this decade. This is exactly what I'm talking about @Paddytap288. There's a massive information discrepancy and it has to be fixed. Oklahoma State is the clear number 2 in the Big 12 since 2010... But we get treated like Iowa State or Texas Tech. Total afterthought.

Somebody has to do something to fix that. Me screaming it, which I do, makes no difference because I'm a nobody with no platform.

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
George Dunham.

Yeah he tries to bring up OSU but his co-host is a sooner fan, of course, and drowns it out.

But I gurantee they would love to have Gundy on their show once a week.
Yeah Corby is a HUGE sooner homer and glosses over most anything OSU and pretty much will pencil in OU to the Big 12 title game. He constantly brags about how he goes to Switzers place in Norman before games and talks with 'coach'. Like c'mon man at least fake being impartial, especially when you graduated from TCU!

CTeamPoke

Legendary Cowboy
Jun 18, 2008
Dallas, TX
Yeah Corby is a HUGE sooner homer and glosses over most anything OSU and pretty much will pencil in OU to the Big 12 title game. He constantly brags about how he goes to Switzers place in Norman before games and talks with 'coach'. Like c'mon man at least fake being impartial, especially when you graduated from TCU!
I had to stop listening to the hardline. Between what you mentioned and now they have to talk about Baker and the "his" Browns and Kyler and blah blah blah it makes me sick.

At least Craig Miller keeps OU talk to college football segments, which are rare enough.

NotOnTV

Sep 14, 2010
Gondor
They still talk about us like we are little sisters of the poor and we are top 10 in wins this decade. This is exactly what I'm talking about @Paddytap288. There's a massive information discrepancy and it has to be fixed. Oklahoma State is the clear number 2 in the Big 12 since 2010... But we get treated like Iowa State or Texas Tech. Total afterthought.

Somebody has to do something to fix that. Me screaming it, which I do, makes no difference because I'm a nobody with no platform.
I felt like in 2011 we were getting due recognition save for the .09 point gap in us playing for the Natty. At some point around the time we played Texas tough in Austin in 2009 and then won at #1(?) Mizzou the next week we started getting some real buzz that lasted for awhile. I agree that the banter has pretty much died down, but some of that could in my opinion be blamed on the laid eggs against TCU, Texas Tech, KState, and Iowa State last year.

Oct 19, 2008
I had to stop listening to the hardline. Between what you mentioned and now they have to talk about Baker and the "his" Browns and Kyler and blah blah blah it makes me sick.

At least Craig Miller keeps OU talk to college football segments, which are rare enough.

I still listen to the hardline because i like the Cowboys talk but yes Corby does get old with his OU love. Craig is much more unbiased. George's kid going to OSU definitely helps get some play on the Musers. Last year they did a big segment about homecoming and he did a segment about the tailgating scene. May not be directly related to play on the field but at least gets the name out there.

There's really very limited college football talk in general as it's basically a few segments on Tuesday and then picks on Friday. Best segment of the whole week is Aikman on Tuesday mornings and that's all NFL.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I felt like in 2011 we were getting due recognition save for the .09 point gap in us playing for the Natty. .
I hate to say it but the reason for the addition respect that year was also the Bedlam win. I know the average fan over emphasizes that one game, but at least locally, until we win that game we are just another K-State, Iowa State, etc.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
The Athletic had a great article on TW & CH and they also did a great article on Mason. I'd copy and paste them but I'm sure that's against the rules here.

Sep 20, 2009
Kansas City

The thing is the major sports media networks create the narratives and gets programs exposure. I just don't see how we are supposed to change that narrative nationally. Other than winning the conference and making the playoff?

Nov 30, 2010
Tulsa, OK
Going into this weekend, there remains a lot of questions about both teams. The only comparisons what they have done so far. Some may argue any win is better than a loss. But for now it's understandable that even Texas loss compares to our worst win this season. There is also still that concern of a freshman QB getting his first conference start against arguably one of the best QB's in the league.

Just because I am picking UT, has no bearing on who I want to win. I will be more than happy to lose that pick, but not surprised.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
Going into this weekend, there remains a lot of questions about both teams. The only comparisons what they have done so far. Some may argue any win is better than a loss. But for now it's understandable that even Texas loss compares to our worst win this season. There is also still that concern of a freshman QB getting his first conference start against arguably one of the best QB's in the league.

Just because I am picking UT, has no bearing on who I want to win. I will be more than happy to lose that pick, but not surprised.
That is the fallacy. Sanders is not going against Earlicker. He is going against the UT defense and they aren’t great.

Jostate

CPTNQUIRK called me a greenhorn
A/V Subscriber
Jun 24, 2005
I knew someone would respond in that manner. The point remains that Spencer Sanders has yet to be tested at this level, and Ellingher is seasoned so will not be affected.

I'd like to point out he has been tested against us, and failed the test.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

That is the fallacy. Sanders is not going against Earlicker. He is going against the UT defense and they aren’t great.
Also, the boy played on a big stage in Texas high school football so he's no slouch to pressure.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Sep 16, 2004
DFW
You didn’t hear? Ellinger is playing both sides of the ball tomorrow. He’ll probably sack Sanders a few times before making a pick 6 later in the game. He’ll also be kicking XPs, punting, returning KOs and punts, while coaching the whole team and each unit.

To top it off, he’ll be providing halftime entertainment as he performs the best of Aaron Copland as a one man band while baton twirling in a sequin leotard.

Sanders doesn’t stand a chance.

Aug 16, 2012
You didn’t hear? Ellinger is playing both sides of the ball tomorrow. He’ll probably sack Sanders a few times before making a pick 6 later in the game. He’ll also be kicking XPs, punting, returning KOs and punts, while coaching the whole team and each unit.

To top it off, he’ll be providing halftime entertainment as he performs the best of Aaron Copland as a one man band while baton twirling in a sequin leotard.

Sanders doesn’t stand a chance.
Unless he is also selling hot dogs and leading cheers, I am not impressed