Did anyone support the scrapped secret Taliban peace talks?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 15, 2007
Yes...it was $300,000,000 if my memory is correct.

Yeah. He also cozied up to the Muslim Brotherhood while lecturing us how moderate they are. We saw that moderate approach when they took over in Egypt. Don't remember any outrage then. The media was too busy asking Obama what's it like to be so awesome.

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
The Taliban publicly calls al Qaeda their ally . Sept 11th is tomorrow. But lets invite those who call the people responsible for 9/11 allies to Camp David to negotiate peace.

"Never Forget" my ass
Speaking of never forget, at least Trump will still call radical Islam a threat. You listen to the left talk about the biggest threats to this country and it's white nationalists, global warming, the 2nd amendment, immigration enforcement and private health insurance.....not one mention of radical Islam.

Edit:. You can negotiate peace with someone and still consider them an enemy. I wonder if you would be this upset if anybody other than Trump was suggesting this. I wonder if you even know.

Pokey

Territorial Marshal
Sep 13, 2013
Left field
Speaking of never forget, at least Trump will still call radical Islam a threat. You listen to the left talk about the biggest threats to this country and it's white nationalists, global warming, the 2nd amendment, immigration enforcement and private health insurance.....not one mention of radical Islam.

Edit:. You can negotiate peace with someone and still consider them an enemy. I wonder if you would be this upset if anybody other than Trump was suggesting this. I wonder if you even know.
See you at the ballot box.

Nov 6, 2010
We are going to, and in fact have been, negotiating with the Taliban, there is no choice in that. What got people upset is doing it at Camp David on 9/11.