Did anyone support the scrapped secret Taliban peace talks?

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
On one hand, ending the longest war in history would be good.

On the other hand, how do you have peace talks with a group who has a stated goal to kill every one of us?

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Sorry, the rest of us are still being told the biggest news right now is Trump using a sharpie on a NWS chart (that was completely wrong anyways).

sc5mu93

WeaselMonkey
A/V Subscriber
Oct 18, 2006
Spring, TX
Sorry, the rest of us are still being told the biggest news right now is Trump using a sharpie on a NWS chart (that was completely wrong anyways).
this crap was on CNN AGAIN this weekend. The hurricane was in CANADA at that point.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Didn't the last guy give pallets full of cash to the Iranian terrorists? Just checking.
And we as American's were very upset with that decision. It is still talked about to this day as an example of pure failure for Obama.

Don't give a pass to Trump because the last guy was an idiot. Call BS when BS needs to be called.

oks10

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2007
Yukon, OK
Can't really form an opinion without details. Were there specifics discussed and what were they.
Kinda the same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stoked about him having the appearance of "negotiating with terrorists" but I'd much rather there be an exchange of words than a drop shipment of cash... Part of me thinks that Trump didn't have any real intention of the meeting happening anyways and is just pulling their chain.

ramases2112

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Jun 28, 2008
Inside the Basket of Deplorables
www.reddit.com
Didn't the last guy give pallets full of cash to the Iranian terrorists? Just checking.
And we as American's were very upset with that decision. It is still talked about to this day as an example of pure failure for Obama.

Don't give a pass to Trump because the last guy was an idiot. Call BS when BS needs to be called.
You support remaining in a war that has led to thousands of deaths and trillions of dollars wasted? In case you haven't noticed the Taliban holds large portions of land in Afghanistan and the government there is extremely corrupt and weak. If we can secure an Afghanistan that is not Taliban ran and remove ourselves from the country then why on earth would we not try to secure that. I'm guessing your a McCain-esque warmonger?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Kinda the same here. Don't get me wrong, I'm not stoked about him having the appearance of "negotiating with terrorists" but I'd much rather there be an exchange of words than a drop shipment of cash... Part of me thinks that Trump didn't have any real intention of the meeting happening anyways and is just pulling their chain.
The way I see it, we have three options; stay their indefinitely, leave with a negotiated deal or leave without a negotiated deal.

Obama briefly floated the idea of just leaving without a deal when he was in office, thankfully he didn't follow through on that. But what if the next Dem to sit in that office does? I'd rather get out with terms now than get out without terms later. Now obviously we'd be stupid to believe the Taliban would follow those terms but if we are leaving anyway, at least get something on paper that they'll have to break...could help with future sanctions in the international community.