DGB

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 7, 2010
With all the hoopla about Dorial Green-Beckham, was OSU ever in the discussion? Stillwater, with its proximity to Springfield and the offense (and Mr. Lunt coming in), seem like a perfect fit. Sheesh, look at the last few #1 receivers OSU has put into the NFL.

Are we just not "Big Time" enough for him?

Short of Mario Edwards, there is nobody else in the country I would like to see more than this guy. What say you recruiting junkies?

May 30, 2008
Dallas, TX
If you want my opinion, I think that our success came too late. Big time commits are all about relationships. His camp probably didn't appear interested 2 years ago when the kid was a soph. Fast forward 2 years, and we've gone 22-3 with a Big 12 title and two time bilelnikoff winner. If a MO WR comes up in the future, we'll be in the running.

Jun 24, 2011
If you want my opinion, I think that our success came too late.
I agree. I've heard that it takes about a year for the effects of a breakout year to kick in on the recruiting trail, since most of the high school seniors have really already made up their mind at this point.

CowboyVenus

An orange light stuck in the crimson darkness
A/V Subscriber
Oct 16, 2010
Norman, OK
I agree. I've heard that it takes about a year for the effects of a breakout year to kick in on the recruiting trail, since most of the high school seniors have really already made up their mind at this point.
Hopefully next year we are rolling then

Jan 21, 2009
I would just think that WRs would know of Dez, Blackmon by now and see how much pub they both have gotten?/?? Just don't get it?

Jul 18, 2010
I know Arkansas and OU have been on him the longest. Arkansas has been on him since 9th grade. Proximity to his family is a factor, but not a primary deciding factor per his father. His little brother who has been battling leukemia (?) and getting treatments at St. Jude in Memphis has been a big Razorback fan for a long time. Dorial and his father really like the coaches and the UofA and they lose 3 of their top 4 WR's after this season.

BTW, good news on Dorial's little brother...he is healthy enough right now to be playing basketball for his school.

Nov 13, 2011
Dorial's brother is an Arkansas fan, his parents are Missouri fans, and Doral himself grew up an OU fan but I'm not sure if he still is. Either way, I think he ends up at Arkansas.

Apr 16, 2008
Dorial's brother is an Arkansas fan, his parents are Missouri fans, and Doral himself grew up an OU fan but I'm not sure if he still is. Either way, I think he ends up at Arkansas.
I think part of the decision is QB stability. Wilson is almost certainly coming back to ARKY. Jones will probably return to Norman as well, but it is somewhat uncertain. DGB is looking at playing for 2 pretty good QBs for one year and then their backups for two more years. Right now B. Mitchell and B. Bell are probably about the same as far as QBs go...neither have much experience.

Jul 18, 2010
I think part of the decision is QB stability. Wilson is almost certainly coming back to ARKY. Jones will probably return to Norman as well, but it is somewhat uncertain. DGB is looking at playing for 2 pretty good QBs for one year and then their backups for two more years. Right now B. Mitchell and B. Bell are probably about the same as far as QBs go...neither have much experience.
Arkansas has Brandon Allen waiting in the wings as a RS Frosh. He was only a 3 star, but Garrick McGee said he should have been a 5 star per his evaluation of every QB in the class across the nation. Coaches like Chip Kelley at Oregon called Fayetteville's HS coach and asked if they should even offer, and he said 'no'. That's why when you look at his offer list, there is none. No one even bothered since Allen's father has been a defensive coach at Arkansas for more than a decade. I think Brandon Allen will beat out Brandon Mitchell which is a darn good QB himself at Arkansas.

FWIW, Brandon Allen has a younger brother Austin who is the QB at Fayetteville High. I'm hearing he might be even better than his brother and may not want to follow in his brother's footsteps. I hope our coaches take a good long hard look at him because his brother Brandon is damn good.

Dec 8, 2011
Everyone acts as if they have stock in the DGB sweepstakes but the truth is that no one knows what DGB and fan are thinking right now. OU has been in talks for a while with he and family. Arkansas will have a stable offense and a good QB to play with. Darryl Wyatt
(Texas wide reciever coach) is a family friend of the Beckham's and even though Texas' (passing game) sucked on offense, they are very much in the race. The truth is we can speculate all we want, but one thing has nothing to do with another. Just because a team like OU has talked to him since the 9th grade doesn't mean they hold sway over his decision. Arkansas offensive stability and QB play doesn't necessarily give them a leg up. Texas' promise of bringing in a stud QB(Brewer from Scottsdale AR) with player's like Gray, Hawkin's and others and their friendship with the Wyatt family doesn't mean it's a good sale. It's a wait a see deal at this time and DGB is as quiet as a Monk.

Aug 28, 2010
OKC
If I am DGB, I am looking no further than Darius White as a reason to not go to Texas. A place where 5 star receivers go to become 3 star receivers who wont' show up for practice and can't crack the lineup.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I just don't get Arky being in this conversation. They have zero notable history of sending WRs to the NFL and will continue to run the ball. I know OSU is not in this, but he would be a perfect fit in our offense with Blackmon leaving and we have a history of big frame receivers doing quite well.

May 30, 2008
Dallas, TX
Everyone acts as if they have stock in the DGB sweepstakes but the truth is that no one knows what DGB and fan are thinking right now. OU has been in talks for a while with he and family. Arkansas will have a stable offense and a good QB to play with. Darryl Wyatt
(Texas wide reciever coach) is a family friend of the Beckham's and even though Texas' (passing game) sucked on offense, they are very much in the race. The truth is we can speculate all we want, but one thing has nothing to do with another. Just because a team like OU has talked to him since the 9th grade doesn't mean they hold sway over his decision. Arkansas offensive stability and QB play doesn't necessarily give them a leg up. Texas' promise of bringing in a stud QB(Brewer from Scottsdale AR) with player's like Gray, Hawkin's and others and their friendship with the Wyatt family doesn't mean it's a good sale. It's a wait a see deal at this time and DGB is as quiet as a Monk.
How about we not talk about Texas' highly touted QBs for a while until they prove something, eh?

Sep 28, 2010
I just don't get Arky being in this conversation. They have zero notable history of sending WRs to the NFL and will continue to run the ball. I know OSU is not in this, but he would be a perfect fit in our offense with Blackmon leaving and we have a history of big frame receivers doing quite well.
Arkansas put up some pretty ridiculous numbers in the air this season, they've definitely shown they're committed to the passing game.

How about we not talk about Texas' highly touted QBs for a while until they prove something, eh?
That's the part of this I don't get. I understand if you have relationships at a certain school, but do you really even consider a program that appears to have no semblance of a qb that can get you the ball nor has shown that they're capable of developing a passing game on offense?

Dec 8, 2011
You miss my point. All of the programs that are in the running for DGB and wether you like it our not, they all have something to sell; Yes, even Texas has something to sell.
My point is that everyone is assuming that he obviously wont pick school A because they have these issues________(fill in the blank). Or, DGB obviously has school B at the top of his list because they have________(fill in the blank). We are all making assumptions that a 40 yr old white guy, with a wife kids and a mortgage would make if he were being recruited. Well, you are not being recruited. For all we know, Missouri might land DGB when everyone and their dog thought otherwise. Point is we don't know what would appeal to DGB. Just because a school doesn't have what you think is important doesn't mean that he doesn't think it's a good choice for a school.